“Best Mexican Food and GREAT Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Denver, Colorado
“Best Mexican Food and GREAT Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Let me just start by saying WOW.

I live and Denver and make the short drive to BV fairly frequently during the summer to camp & hike. After a day of shenanigans on Antero my boyfriend and I went to the Green Parrot for drinks, then decided to head to the Mexican restaurant across Main Street to try it out -- I didn't remember El Paraiso being there last year, but it looked nice on the outside, and hey, who can pass up Mexican food on a summery afternoon??

The service was great - we never had to wait for someone to come by and fill up our glasses and they were prompt and friendly. This place is family owned and you can tell they take great pride in their work and service.

He ordered a couple of beef tacos and I went for the Pollo Chipolte - both dishes were FANTASTIC!!! I don't think I've ever had better Mexican anywhere...including Mexico.

The prices and portions are also very reasonable.

Bottom line - visit this place if you're ready for a great lunch or dinner. This is likely the best food in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

USA
“The Real Deal:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Aaahhhh, now that's some authentic Mexican food! Don't bother going anywhere else because the delectable savory meals are so wonderful. Viva la playa
But if you can't afford a vacation in Mexico, come here for dinner:-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Loved the fresh salsa and margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I dined at this restaurant three times over the course of two short stays in Buena Vista... We'd planned on dining at Casa de Sol, but they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so all the better for us. If they'd been open, we might never have stumbled upon El Paraiso.

My spouse proclaimed El Paraiso's salsa the best he's ever had...fresh, spicy, excellent. The chips were very good too, barely salted (if at all) which is exactly how we like them.

On each visit I had the cheese enchiladas with green sauce, which were cheesy and tasty. On one occasion, they were not heated as well as I'd have liked, but otherwise, no complaints.

We found the service helpful and friendly,although during the quiet late afternoon hours, the staff do tend to gather along the stairwell and chat and laugh loudly amongst themselves, which struck me as a bit unprofessional. However, we barely noticed the noise after a couple of killer margaritas :)

Speaking Spanish absolutely isn't necessary as mentioned by another poster, but a bit of Spanish certainly adds to the ambiance of a Mexican Restaurant, don't you think?

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buena Vista
“better speak spanish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

as a local it's ok, a little pricey for mushy food but it does have some flavor.

Visited April 2012
“A Lovely Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit to El Paraiso Family Restaurant in Buena Vista, CO.