“Great Filet for the $” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 31 restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Great Filet for the $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I never heard of a Filet dinner for $12 with a salad and baked potato. It was a great value, simple, fast service and filled a basic need. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Poncha Springs, Colorado
“Not for lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Don't even try to get lunch, they just aren't ready. Actually tried a couple times and either waited out by the cash register with no one noticing, or was seated and no one came back to take the order. Very sad.

Visited June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Meat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very simply put, your choice is meat, meat, or meat with a potato, salad, & dessert.
Drove through, hoping to find a motel room for the night, during Labor Day weekend - was a joke on me!
I was starving, and saw "Steak" painted on the building facade. That got my attention. After driving for hours, I was in no mood for rabbit food. So to see the word Steak, highlighted my appetite.
Stopped in, got a booth, ordered the 16 oz prime rib, MR - closer to rare, please.
No potato, yes on salad, no to dessert.

Looking around, you can tell this is an old restaurant with handmade leaded glass booth separaters and handmade stained glass lamps over each booth table..

I had once choice of salad dressing, 2 choices on meat (prime rib or sliced steak).
My prime rib was cooked exactly as I requested.
I had a $3.50 glass of chardonnay, I had the salad and my large hunk of meat and I was happy.. I didn't require anything more.

16 oz prime rib, wine, salad came to $22.
I've never spent that little on that much meat and a glass of wine.
I felt like I was back in the 1960's...

I would recommend it if you're hungry, need meat, and traveling through Buena Vista.
I have no idea what else this town had for restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great value, but heavy handed Tenderizer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great value for a steak with good friendly service. There is no menu, just the "steak of the day". Our steaks were prepared correctly, but heavy handed tenderizer hide the meat flavor. Still, it is a very good value for a steak. When your tired and want a steak, Quincy's makes it simple.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Unpredictable One-Trick Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have gone to Quincys several times in Buena Vista for dinner and the steak was very good, as was the service. However, they have an unpredictable "one-trick" menu because you never know what you're going to get...and we always seemed to miss the Prime Rib night and ended up disappointed. Their set menu for each night is the only drawback. Probably best to call in advance and find out what they are serving that night before just showing up.

Visited August 2012