“A Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of A Bed on the Arkansas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
A Bed on the Arkansas
You added A Bed on the Arkansas to your Saves list
12753 Hwy 24 & 285, Buena Vista, CO 8121   |
Hot Springs AR
“A Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I found this B & B after I tried all the other B & B's with reviews on tripadvisor those were all booked. This surprised me since this is considered low season. So my 1st piece of advice is as soon as you know when your going, call and get a reservation.
The view was beautiful, but to be honest the view is beautiful everywhere in Buena Vista. This place was right on the river and you could hear the water flowing from the patio. The room was nice, very clean. All areas of the property were well kept. Very quiet. Didn't have any problems sleeping at night. Close to town, but sits just off the highway so you don't hear the traffic. BTW-its owned by the Adventure Company.
The breakfast is a basket of muffins/danishes and fruit that is placed by your door at night. There is a small frig in the room that they stock with orange juice and water a small coffee pot too. There is an innkeeper there, but she's not really there to be a hostess, more for security I suppose. My husband built a fire in the pit one night and she came out to tell us that it was after 10 pm and we could have a fire after 10 pm. You also can't use the hottub after 10pm, so this definitely isn't the place for someone who is a nightowl. Overall I would stay here again, but I think we would of enjoyed a place a little more social. On the other hand if you don't want to be bothered or feel like you have to be social around a breakfast table, then this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to A Bed on the Arkansas? Share your experiences!