“OK but having seccond thoughts” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: American
Description: About a year old or so.
Description: About a year old or so.
Colorado
“OK but having seccond thoughts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The sandwiches we had were pretty good. The service was ok, polite if not friendly. But two things really put me off.

1. Three women, long blond hair flying around all that food. One had a pony tail, but she kept touching her hair. I'm really surprised we didn't find hair in our food. How hard is it to throw on a ballcap or braid your hair so it isn't flying around in the kitchen?

2. There's a taxidermied animal head to your right as you walk in the door. It's enormous. And it's covered with dirt and shedding on the table below it. Not dusty--big curds of dust, dust bunnies big enough to take off your hand. How much dust is there? My two teenagers, normally unable to see dirt, both noticed and commented on it. That thing needs to be dusted on a regular basis.

Visited August 2013

Eastchester, New York
“Good sandwiches.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For a guy from New York, I am always a little leery of eating deli sandwiches elsewhere. Biggie's, however, has pretty good sandwiches. The fries are not bad, either. When it comes to eating out in Buena Vista, I think this is the best deal for your money.

Visited July 2013
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The only restaurant that we visited twice on our trip. Had a good 30 minute wait both times and would wait it again in a heartbeat to have another sanwich! We ordered the Biggie sandwich, didn't disappoint either time! Friendly service and excellent food.

Visited July 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“35 Minutes for a BLT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Waited in the car while my wife ran in to get a sandwich to eat on the road. 20 minutes later, I started to get worried that she had been in a horrible accident. So I went inside. What I found was that the two young men inside had been overwhelmed by 8 different people ordering sandwiches in a 10 minute period. As I sat with my wife, I watched a table of five people each get their sandwich one at a time, and then have time to eat it entirely before the next person go theirs. 37 minutes after my wife had paid for her BLT, we were handed the sandwich - never to return again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buena Vista, Colorado
“Dinner Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stopped into Biggies and I thought the food was awesome! I had one of their gyros and a side of fries. The gyros tasted delicious with the homemade tzatziki giving it a really fresh taste. The fry portion is gigantic and for a good price, as they are hand cut fries. I definitely recommend this restaurant. The new owners have done wonders with this place.

• Visited February 2013