“A New Go-To Hotel in the Boulder Area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Broomfield
Santa Clarita
“A New Go-To Hotel in the Boulder Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

As somebody who travels occasionally to the Boulder area on business, I typically stay elsewhere (Marriott), but that particular hotel was fully booked while I was scheduled to be in town so decided to try something different. I received an excellent rate at the hotel and frankly would have paid more for the quality of the hotel.

The hotel still has a new feeling to it as it is kept in great physical condition. Flatz restaurant is as good as advertised. I was lucky enough to be there on a Sunday morning and enjoyed the Sunday brunch with my wife. When subtracting the complimentary continental breakfast that MR Platinum members receive and the additional $10 food/bev credit, brunch was almost free. I would strongly recommend trying at least one meal at Flatz despite there being some solid dining options at the adjacent mall/shopping area.

It seems as though a good number of the hotel rooms are french door suites. I'm not sure if the entire hotel is, but I was informed that due to my status I received an upgrade at check-in. The room was clean, well appointed and on the large side. My only complaint, and minor at that, was that my room was on the back side of the hotel so it had a view of the business park versus those on the front side that have views of the Flatiron mountains. As a top-tier elite MR member, I would have liked the better view, but this is far from being a deal-breaker and I know to ask next time.

One reason I enjoy staying at Renaissance hotels is their ability to create an environment reflective of the area and I think this particular hotel did a great job. All the prior reviews who comment that this not a run of the mill Marriott are absolutely right, it has a nice local flavor to it.

As far as location, I found Flatiron Crossing to be a better than average mall with solid dining options. It's a place that I was easily able to spend a few hours of down time. I look forward to returning next time business calls me to the Boulder area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. I am very glad that you were able to discover us here at the Renaissance on your recent trip. As a Platinum Member, we thank you for your loyalty and business. Hope to see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The staff was wonderful. After a long morning of travel we arrived early. We were able to check in early, which was amazing. The room was very "business executive" feeling, but we loved it! Be careful the fridges can overheat causing a burning smell!! Overall a great central location for shopping and heading to downtown Boulder!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Dorothy, this is not Kansas, and this is not your average Renaissance restaurant!!! I have loved dining at Flatz the last couple of days...superb food...and that's even by comparison to Boulder's wonderful dining options! This food is consistently delicious, creative, and amazingly well-priced. The waitstaff is as gracious as you'd find at a 5 star resort! There is a reason this hotel is consistently rated in the top 2 of its brand!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy Flatz as much as I do! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Enjoyed the overnight stay. Watched the Denver Broncos beat KC 27-17. The room has two nice comfortable beds, sofa, and desk. The coffee is free in the room. The bathroom has Aveda products. Thank you Rita Bennett and Steve Nordstrom from Westminster Colorado

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Clearfield, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This August I flew out to Broomfield for the Rockey Mountain Air Show. I was looking for a good place to stay. Being in a hot day at an airshow, it was nice to come back to a place that I could relax. The hotel restaurant was great as was the bar with friendly staff and great service. The spa was a bit too refreshing as they had issues with heating it at the time. The hotel also has a nice pool, gym and business cnter. If I go to the AIr Show again, I will defiently stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in many quality hotels and for the price this one needed quite a few improvements. Even though my complaint might be "little things" when it comes to quality the little things count. We had a lotion bottle that was empty, had only one coffee cup available as well as one wineglass that was delivered to us with a wine bottle for my daughters honeymoon and no complimentary internet connection in the suites. There was no option for a continental breakfast and I believe with the price we payed ($250) there should be some complementary items.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that your stay with us did not meet up to your expectations. While I understand from your comments that the items were "small" inconveniences, they were still issues that should never have surfaced at all. I appreciate the feedback and will be sure to address them with my team. Thank you again, and we hope to have you stay with us in the future.
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I were invited to stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Broomfield. We were so pleasantly surprised by how exceptional everything was from the staff to the amenities to the atmosphere. We ate dinner in the lounge at their Flatz restaurant and then we enjoyed their made to order breakfast buffet the next morning and both times the food was excellent. Everyone who works there really enjoys their job and were so accommodating and pleasant. The rooms have a wonderful view and are gorgeous and very clean. I would easily pick this hotel again and again for every Broomfield stay and I am recommending it to all of my friends!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Been to Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!