“Great non-destination stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Broomfield
Philadelphia
“Great non-destination stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I wouldn't necessarily pick this hotel if I wanted the hotel to be a part of the reason for the trip, but as far a place to stay, it was great. The service was very personable and useful. I was able to pop over to the mall for a movie. The room was huge (actually a suite) and quiet and everyone was incredibly helpful and knew what they were doing. The restaurant menu/wine-list were a little downscale compared to what I usually do, but once again the service was so super and the setting inviting and comfortable. I was in town for one night, running the Boulder marathon and if I am ever in town again with plans, etc, I would definitely go back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We always appreciate any feedback that we receive. We are so glad that our service met your standards and do hope that do visit us again in the future so that you can be impressed once again! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Menlo Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a very pleasant and comfortable hotel with a friendly staff and a very good restaurant.

The room was very spacious and nicely decorated. It was actually more like a small suite than a hotel room. It has pretty much all you need, including a sofa and a large work desk with an office chair, but I didn't spot an in-room safe. Internet access is not for free, but was complementary as part of my arrangement. Parking is complementary.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Initially I had an issue with the room I got, but it was resolved quickly.

The breakfast buffet is not extremely extensive, but definitely sufficient and the quality of the food is high. The price is quite reasonable. There is also a small Starbucks.

One evening I had dinner in the restaurant and it was really excellent. I can highly recommend going there.

There is a big shopping mall within 5-10 minutes walking distance. It is visible from the hotel entrance. There are also several restaurants there, providing enough choice.

The basement has a fitness center and swimming pool. The pool isn't very large, but adequate to get some exercise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks so much for your very thorough review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that we met your expectations, and certainly hope that you are able to visit us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice hotel near Denver with Praire dogs running around outside. The pool is tiny, not to far from Rocky Mountain National park. Rooms are nice with separate sleeping area, nice breakfast and the staff is very helpful and knowledgable, only problem is finding it as there are some many roads with the name Flatiron near Boulder, particularly tricky driving there at night,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We do appreciate your candid comments, and do understand the confusion that is caused by the similarity of the names of the roads around the hotel. We do hope that you return to our area, so that you can become more familiar with it. Thanks very much.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been going in and out of Boulder/Denver/Broomfield as we built our vacation home and we stayed at the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel during the first week of November 2012. It was very much worth it--the lobby has a very nice set up and ambiance. It does look nice!

Our first room was a suite so it enabled me to wake up early and check on the news about the weather (huricane Sandy happening) in the East Coast and I can be in the living room without disturbing my husband. The room was nice and tastefully decorated. We brought our own air cards so I cannot comment on WIFI but my husband said there was WiFi in the hotel. There is a Starbuck's at the hotel lobby and a bar and grill (Flatz).

There is a shopping center across the street. The view from our floor of the Rockies was just beautiful and I also like spotting the prairie dogs. And I loved coming back in the evening to the cookies at the lobby! :) The staff are very friendly and that is a big big plus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad to hear that you chose us to be your hotel of choice during your time here. Thank so much, and if you ever need another getaway, we hope to see you back! Thank you.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed two nights here after my vacation and before closing on my new home. As a Gold Marriott member, I was supposed to have free wi-fi but when I went to log-in it was telling me it would charge me. So as I headed out to dinner, I stopped by the front desk to inquire about it. The gal at the front desk was polite and explained everything to me on how that worked. I was very happy with the explanation and polite manner in which it was relayed.

On the last morning, I went to the restaurant for breakfast as it was part of my stay. I needed it to go and the staff was again polite and helpful in getting me a big box to put whatever I wanted in it from the buffet as well as gave me to go utinsels to take with me.

It was a very nice room, great view, well appointed and comfortable. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for your kind review of our hotel. We do pride ourselved on our customer service, so I am so glad to hear that you experienced what we always strive for. Thank you!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel itself is huge and may not be so appealing from the outside, but once you enter it is a gem. The lobby has great appeal. I did not have time to check out all the amenities. One of the best appointed hotel rooms I have ever stayed. The rooms are really large with memorable wallpaper (not your usual kind!), comfortable bed with crisp white linens, including the comforter cover. Nice large and well-lit shower/tub. A bit tight on the one-sink vanity. It has a separate bar to make coffee/tea. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: One the 9th floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you like our newly renovated sleeping rooms and lobby - we like them too! Thanks.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Among Renaissance properties, this is one of the nicer ones. The rooms are comfortable. large and modern....with spectacular views. The parking is all out front (versus in an attached parking garage) so depending on the weather and how far away you are parked, this may be a pain. Also, the big negative for me is excessively priced food and drink. The lodging and service is top notch, but if you are trying to eat sensibly priced fare, go to the nearby mall area for chain restaurants or go into Boulder up the road for some unique local food. There is also a coffee bar in the lobby for snacks and coffee, adjacent to a huge and comfortable lobby with fireplaces. Next time I'm in the area I will likely seek an all inclusive property (lodging with included breakfast) but if you are looking for lodging for a special event night or something, the rest of the hotel is really nice and close to many other services (restaurants/shopping).

Room Tip: ask for mountain view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments about your stay with us. Please do remember that we offer some very affprdable weekend rates that do include breakfast - please simply go to our website and check under the packages tab. Thank you.

Been to Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!