“Great stay. Great value.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Broomfield
Constantly Changing
“Great stay. Great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Large, clean room. Great location, close to shopping, restaurants, freeway. We couldn't have been happier. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Just returned from a stay in Broomfield Colorado. The only plus about this hotel is the location - close to mall, shopping, just off the interstate. Agree 100% with the previous poster - the place smells terrible. It is not a cooking odor, as the smell permeates every floor of the hotel. When we first arrived at the hotel in the early evening, there was no one at the reception desk - we had to wait 5 minutes for the young lady to return from wherever, and she never apologized for making us wait. We had a two bedroom suite on the corner, which was adequate but not very clean (dirty pot was left in microwave, bedroom floors not vacuumed thoroughly). In addition, a guest on the first floor was smoking in their room, and we could smell the smoke every time we came in and out of the building. Finally, in order to get ice, we had to walk over to the other building - huh? No ice bucket in the room so we had to bring along a plastic bowl that we found in the cabinet. All in all I would not recommend this hotel. It is old, dated, dirty and smelly. There are many other lovely hotels within walking distance of this one, so shop around.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I had planned on staying here a week, as I was on business. After one night, I had to check out because I HATED this place! The biggest problem is the smell. As soon as you walk in the front door, your olefactory senses are assaulted with the obnoxious odor of cleaning chemicals! The halls and rooms smell the same, just aweful! When I checked out the next morning, I saw the reason why. The housekeeping carts have something like 6 or 7 different bottles of various cleaning chemicals that they use to douse the kitchenettes in each room. You feel like you're breathing a chemical soup in this place. If you care about your, and your family's health, AVOID THIS PLACE.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Mreeves0901, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Dear Eleig,

I am so sorry that your stay at our hotel was any less than perfect. We strive to make every guest experience great. Your stay was obviously not up to that standard and I would love the opportunity to make it right with you. Since I don't have your contact information I would love for you to either call me at 303-466-2200 or email me at nickie.yaksich@sagehospitality.com.

As for the smells you encountered while you were here, there could be a couple of explanations. Since all of our suites come with kitchens some one could have cooked something unusually potent near you; you may have also checked in on a day when we changed out our fragrance hall diffusers (done every two weeks, and can be strong when they are first put in). About the chemicals the housekeepers use on a day to day basis, we do have one that we use as a fragrance. The other chemicals they have on their carts are specifically designed to clean specific areas. Whether that be bathrooms/showers, kitchen, glass surfaces, or general cleaning. Each one of the chemicals we use is compliant to the Marriott standard and none of them, except the one, has an added fragrance.

Again, I am so sorry that your stay was not pleasant, it is not typical for our hotel and we would love the opportunity to fix it for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Nickie Yaksich
Fruita, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My adult son and I traveled to Longmont last weekend and the closest we could find a room was in Broomfield. My son has Marriott Rewards so we booked here and tried for a 2 bedroom suite but could only book a 1 bedroom suite. One of us was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed (not me). When we checked in we learned we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite - wonderful news. The rooms were clean but uneven in size - one small with a TV on top of the dresser leaving no room for incidentals while the larger room had a desk and separate TV stand in addition to the dresser. As noted, the air conditioner is somewhat noisy for the person whose bed is next to that and the doors do close very loudly, guess that is a trend in newer hotels because I have had that problem in many of the newer ones. It does ensure the doors close firmly enough to lock. The kitchen was nice and clean, dishes looked new. Great view of the sunrise from the window - something I miss here at home. With mountains all around us we really don't get a sunrise or sunset like flatlanders do. Would stay here again. It really isn't in Boulder but it was a quick driver there from the hotel. Lots of shopping nearby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

This hotel was like a tiny studio apartment with a kitchen. Absolutely great if you're travelling with small children and want to watch what you eat. The staff was excellent! The first day we arrived the staff had a BBQ for all the guests and provided snacks and entertainment. My only compliant was that there were families playing baseball in the parking lot where they could have easily hit the parked cars with their ball. There was an open field next to the hotel where they could have played.

Pros:
Flatirons mall is across the way
Lots of eateries to choose from, such as...
Bengali's (I wouldn't recommend though)
Red Lobster
Jason's Deli
Del Taco....etc
Lobby had snacks available 24/7
Close to the highway
20-30mins away from Boulder, CO

Cons:
Really more of a family hotel. If you're looking for romance better not stay here unless you plan on being out most of the day and only sleeping.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

If you need an extended stay hotel, this is a good choice. The staff is friendly, location good (right by a huge mall), good running & biking trails nearby. We had a studio suite with a small kitchen big enough to cook most of our own meals. My complaints are few: the walls are thin, I could hear phone conversations & alarm clocks, also the laundry room wasn't clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I chose to stay outside of Boulder for my first visit. I probably should have stayed in town though, since there was lots going on at night (on Pearl St. and at the University.) Still, this hotel was fabulous. About a 10 minute drive to Boulder.
PROS: Free on site parking, free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the office, next to a mall so easy access to food and sundries (WalMart is next door), quiet, great view of the Rockies, very big room, kitchen with a refrigerator and freezer (bought some Hagen Dazs for late night snacking - since I was on vacation, thank you very much) and it was very affordable (I paid $49/night)
CONS: Next to a mall, kitchens mean the neighbors can stink up the hotel with their cooking.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield? Share your experiences!