“Would Not Return” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Would Not Return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently stayed here on business. The accommodations are as others have stated, kitchenette with full size refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, small desk and sectional, swivel tv between living area and bedroom area, bathroom with large shower (no tub) and the closet is in the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening. Conveniently located to Flatiron mall. One thing missing from all the reviews I read before booking is the fact that there are freight train tracks right next to the hotel, and yes the trains are loud and you can feel the rumblings. Not only during waking hours, but my husband got blasted out of bed at 4:45 a.m. the first night (and he wears earplugs!). So if you are here on business and require a good nights sleep you will not get it. This is the reason I would not return and obviously there is nothing to be done about it. FYI our room was located on the opposite side of the front entrance. The front desk clerk had limited knowledge of restaurants in the area (other than fast food because he doesn't live around there).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
tiffany8862,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you and your husband staying with us at Hyatt House. I'm glad you liked our suites, breakfast, and location. I apologize for your husband's discomfort and inability to sleep soundly. We value you as our guests, and we hope you'll return. Thanks again.
Eric Finney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in February. I'm not giving them an excellent rating for 2 reasons. One there is no indoor pool and two they seem to have a problem regulating the heat. There is a thermostat in each room but no matter how I set it I was either too cold or too hot.

Had a one room(4th floor) with kitchenette very well appointed with all the amenities to cook a meal if I so desired. King bed was comfortable, nice walk in shower with seat, very comfortable sectional couch in seating area (not a sleeper). Room faced away from Highway 36 and very quiet.

They have a buffet breakfast each morning including weekends with fruit, cereals, different types of scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, either pancakes or waffles, assorted breads and the worst oatmeal I have ever had.

They also have an evening social with complimentary beer/wine and assorted appetizers. their food was very good. One night they had catered Chinese that was excellent.

I was there for business but it was a good place for families as well.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: rooms facing north are quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
jester1340,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Hyatt House while on business. I'm glad you had a pleasant visit with us and enjoyed our spacious, comfortable rooms. I'm glad you liked the social gatherings too! Should your travels bring you back to Broomfield, we hope you'll visit us again.
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Amazing city, nice facility, homely stay. This place is very close to the Flat Iron Shopping Mall. There is a walmart store also in the Flat Iron crossing. The hotel has a shuttle that takes people to the nearby places (I was dropped at the Walmart stores and was picked back up from the place after I was done with my shopping. Extremely courteous staff. The lady at the front desk was very helpful on the night of my check out. My super shuttle pick up didn't arrive at 2AM as booked and didn't know about it, but the lady at front desk called them to check why there was no cab and was very helpful till I got a yellow cab and actually left for the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd level was peaceful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rnraghavan,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent experience with us at Hyatt House. I'm glad you liked our property, and I'm particularly glad you felt well taken care of by our staff. I hope you had a wonderful time in Broomfield and plan to return. If you do, please stop and visit us again. We look forward to it.
New Ulm, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This property had some fairly nice facilities but for me, the initial experience with the front desk personnel sets the tone and makes or breaks the stay.

Unfortunately, the initial greeting from Eric was anything but warm and welcoming. I travel extensively and stay at about 40 hotels per year. This one will not receive a return visit and if you value customer service, you'll want to avoid this one.

• Stayed February 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
AlumniGuy,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with another couple. We both had seperate heating units, bathrooms with tile showers. The staff was SUPER FRIENDLY and the rooms were like BRAND NEW! I would live there! Thanks!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom if you are traveling with friends. its awesome
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Kevin B,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to hear from you, and we're pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit with us at Hyatt House. I'm glad you liked our property, and I hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again. Safe travels.
Kimberling City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were snow-bound in Denver and had to stay an extra day. And we required an early - very early - check in. We called the Hyatt and they went out of their way to be of service to us. The gal who took my call and who remembered me by name when I walked up to the registration desk was Stephanie Sanders. Stephanie was so helpful in so many ways and just a delight to work with. Kudos to HR for their hiring practices - and to the management in terms of their personnel training - though I suspect Stephanie would do well anyway! The room - a small suite - fit our needs very nicely and Stephanie ensured it was ready for us when we arrived well before noon. Everything about this facility was positive. Including the free wi-fi and breakfast in the morning. We had stayed at the Westin the two previous night's and while it is a lovely property and our room was comfortable, I was really dismayed that they charge $9.95 - $14.95 a night for hi-speed Interenet service - that most places now offer for free. For goodness sakes, even McDonalds provides that service for free! Would definitely recommend this facility to anyone wanting to stay in the Broomfield/Westminster area.

Jackie_in_MO,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad you stayed with us at Hyatt House! I'm very pleased to hear that Stephanie was able to show you her warm, welcoming attitude and assist you with your reservations. I'm glad you liked our hotel as well and enjoyed a nice, comfortable visit. We hope you'll make Hyatt House your place to stay when in Broomfield, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had an amazing vacation with another couple. The Director of Sales was amazing at sugggesting local restaurants and places to go. The front desk was very helpful as well! I asked for foam pillows instead of feather and within 5 minutes they were delivered to my room. Thank you Will! We found everything and more that we needed in our room for a 5 day stay. They did have a snow storm while we were there and had to stay in a day. It was not a problem as we made snow cream and ordered in pizza. On the flight back we were already searching to go back. Thank you Hyatt House Broomfield for making our vacation the best one yet!

Michele C,
We're excited to hear from you, and appreciate your kind review. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant time at Hyatt House, and we're glad to have been a part of your vacation to Boulder. I'm glad you liked our property and felt well taken care of by our staff. It sounds like you made the best of a snow storm and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. We're glad you did! Please make plans to visit us again. We enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon.
Eric Finney, General Manager

Been to HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield? Share your experiences!