“Surprisingly Awesome” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Surprisingly Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've stayed at other Alofts before and I do like the brand overall, but was still pleasantly surprised by how great this particular location was.
First of all- it's HUGE. You walk in and it's a beautiful lobby with a pool table, a bar and comfy chairs. I was really impressed... the other locations I've stayed at have non-existent lobbies (though always a bar)
Second- has the typical Aloft spartan-but-sufficient room approach. There's something I really like about the modern and simple look (vs. the worn out feel and gross carpet of older, stuffier chains)
Third- staff was so nice. The most pleasant dude checked us in and it just set the whole thing off to a great start.
We didn't try to eat here, but the word of warning is that their on-site food is limited.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melanie L, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
We at the aloft are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are one of the bigger aloft properties that include meeting spaces and a giant ballroom for you to host your next big event in! We pride ourselves on having one of the best front desk staffs around and we enjoy your company as much as you enjoy ours!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night when we needed to be in town early the next morning. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I felt welcomed at once. The rooms were really nice and I liked the modern decor. The bed was comfy and the shower was great. We really enjoyed our stay and would come back and recommend it to family and friends. Thanks!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melanie L, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
From all of us here at the Aloft Broomfield Denver, we thank you for your 4 star review! We are so happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcomed and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you and your family back with us again soon!
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved the minimalist style of this hotel plus you cannot beat the value. We booked the pre-paid rate which was a discounted rate (about 20%). It has easy access to Denver and Boulder and the mountains thru Rte 36. I loved their "green" program where it gives you the option not to have your room be serviced by housekeeping until you notify them to do so. And with that you get a $5/day voucher you can use in their mini-deli to buy breakfast stuff. The room was very clean, functional and I love the clean lines of the design.

Green Features: I love this feature, especially since you have the option to have your room cleaned and your linens and towels replaced at your convenience. Plus, since you typically do not stay in your room but to sleep, it doesn't make sense to have it cleaned every day.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftBroomfield8300, Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of you experience. Your feedback is important to our success.

Thank you for going green with us! I am glad to hear that our efforts in going green are spreading to our guests.

We look forward to having you in the future.
shady shores, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel is in a great location. Just a few minutes from great shops and restaurants and easy access to 36 which gets you into Denver or Boulder quickly. Rooms are uniquely designed; comfy bed, fantastic shower. Staff super friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
AloftBroomfield8300, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your 4 star review! We're so happy our location and property worked so well for you! Next time you visit us, make sure to take advantage of our free shuttle service to numerous entertainment and dining options in the area! We look forward to your next stay!
Glendale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good hotel, friendly enough but still in it's early stages as far as activities around the hotel. It's in the middle of a quiet new condo area.

Everything is clean and quiet, if that suits you, then it's perfect for that. Had a good stay, was able to get food downstairs at the bar (free drinks for SPG elite is a plus) and at a pizza joint a block down the street.

It's about 20-25 minutes from downtown Denver, not bad, but not close.

Room Tip: As Platnium elite, got a big corner room. You also get a free drink at the bar. The Blueberry Moji...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post your 4 star review! We are in a great location for easy access to Boulder or Denver. We also provide a free shuttle service to various restaurants and entertainment within 5 miles of the hotel. The next time you stay with us, feel free to ask any of our front desk staff for ideas for activities. We hope to see you soon !
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hubby had to be in the Broomfield area of Denver, and so we decided to have a "staycation" and since we had never stayed at any Aloft Hotel, decided to check this place out.

I arrived before the hubs since he was involved with work. This hotel is a little "off the beaten track", so to speak. Kind of an underdeveloped area. There were several apartment buildings around it, but not too many retail establishments. As someone else here stated, it looks like the developers wanted to make it a town center and then ran out of money and had to stop. Seems like I noticed a pizza parlor and maybe an ice cream store? Not much beyond that.

Went to lobby to check in, very nice, clean, modern looking lobby with a small bar to the opposite side. There was a pool table and lounging area that was very nice looking. Check in went fine, the desk clerk was friendly. Here comes my only complaint with customer service, and I have to admit it is my fault. I had 2 very large heavy bags and a laptop bag with me and asked for a cart since they have no bell person to help with luggage, they directed me to the carts, and I went to my car to retrieve my bags. I am not a strong person and I was struggling with my bags. Once I got back to the lobby I'm sure it was obvious I was struggling to keep control of the cart and bags, no one offered to help me, but in total fairness, it wasn't their fault I had large heavy luggage, and I didn't ask for help, which is totally my fault, but would have been nice if they had a bell person to deal with luggage.

Got to the room, very nicely appointed in a modern style. When making the reservation I had requested the 5th floor and a mountain view which we got which was nice. Personally I really liked the room even though it was a little small. Hubby on the other hand when he arrived thought it was TOO SMALL, so he wasn't as impressed as I was. Room clean, bed comfy. Shower products were nice. Liked the dispensers in the shower. Cool idea.

Hubby and I went out to eat, had to drive a little way since as I noted there isn't a lot around it, but when we returned had a few drinks at the bar. Drinks were nice, service friendly and efficient.

Overall, I liked this hotel, hubby not as much. Only negative, location.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay. Your attention to detail in how th Aloft brand has attempted a warm, modern, and efficient space for fun is exactly what we are going for.

I hope you continue to stay with Starwood and make aloft's "your" brand.
Lenox, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel seemed fairly new. The room was set up nicely. There was a stand up shower that you could easily fit two people in. The shower had the dispenser for the shampoo which was very nice. There were lights and outlets in all the right places. The lobby was very modern with a nice bar. There is a small indoor pool too. The location was in a tech area and there were some apartments around the area too. Restaurants and shops were about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We really appreciate your feedback, thank you for sharing. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel's amenities fit your needs well for a relaxing visit. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with another exceptional stay. Thanks again!

Been to aloft Broomfield Denver? Share your experiences!