“ALoft Broomfield - A good option for a Business Traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Broomfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Twinsburg, Ohio
“ALoft Broomfield - A good option for a Business Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Been staying at this hotel on Business for several nights a week, for 3 weeks in a row. I am a seasoned traveler for business and leisure.

The ALoft Broomfield is pretty cool and a decent value.

First, the Good: The staff at the hotel is fantastic. Particular shout-outs go to Melanie & Rick at the front desk, April at the b-fast bar, and Samantha and Claire at XYZ bar. They are all fantastic and do their very best to provide what is needed for a pleasant stay.

The social, lobby area is very cool. I have hung out there a lot (ppol table, cool modern furniture design). Free Wifi for guests works well.

The rooms are small but clean, and reasonable comfortable for 1-2 ppl. The modular, very modern design is very cool. Beds are pretty Comfy. Pillows are decent (and I am a stickler). Toiletries provided are OK (although I would really love a 2nd bar of soap).

XYZ bar is cool. Nice people. Great staff. Some really nice, friendly locals. Drinks are good. Have hung out there quite a bit.

Now, the not-quite-so-good:

1. In rooms, the major issue is the blinking light on the smoke alarms, which are right over the bed. They are quite bright and distracting while one is trying to sleep. They really should be replaced by something that is not blinking brightly. Also, minor: please provide more than one soap bar. Some of us don't use the shower gel stuff.

2. Food. Could use some real improvements in this area. Better breakfast options. Better cereals, etc. Better hot food for breakfast too. Dinner Food at XYZ bar also needs more options and could really use improvement. For all the people I see ordering food at that bar, they could put some more work in the quality. It is overpriced for the level of quality and the menu offerings are not very diverse.

3. Workout room is a bit small. But, the equipment is well-maintained and good.

4. Minor: please provide some better newspaper than USA Today. How about just the Denver Post??

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AloftBroomfield8300, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your 4 star review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us these past few weeks! We have amazing staff in every part of our hotel, and they appreciate your recognition.
Our food selection is always changing and improving with ‘Chef Specials’ at the Wxyz bar Monday-Thursday. We’ve also added some new hot breakfast options like pancakes and French toast sticks !
Please let us know if you’d like to see some specific items added in the future. If there are any amenities you’d like more of during your next visit, please contact the front desk and we’ll make sure to bring you whatever you need! We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Indian Head, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to Denver/Broomfield for business and I had always stayed at the same hotel. This recent trip April 3-6 I decided to change up and stay somewhere else. So I booked at the Aloft. It exceeded my expectations! The lobby, sitting area and bar are gorgeous. Everything is so modern. I was very happy with my room. The location was convenient. I was eating dinner at the bar downstairs one night alone and I really enjoyed the bartender's (Samantha) company. The food was delicious. This will be my new routine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are so excited to hear that you gave us a try and really enjoyed your stay - especially chatting with Samantha at the w xyz bar. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for sharing!
tempe, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a really cute, boutique hotel. The lobby is upscale "chic", and has a bar at one end. LED lights on the counter top that change color. The rooms are well laid out, but small. My only complaint is that the bedding and pillows were not the best. The mattress pad bunched up while sleeping, and wasn't a fan of the pillows. Long countertop in bathroom. LOVED the retro alarm clock. Free bottled water and fridge in the rooms are a great touch. Nice exercise room. They were conducting swim lessons for small children the morning that I worked out. The pool is right next to exercise room, and you could hear the kids screaming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We really appreciate your review. We are glad that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel including the w xyz bar and fitness center. Thanks for sharing the feedback on the bedding and pillows. We’ll look into improving this aspect. Thanks again for sharing!
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really wanted to give a raving review, and if I hadn't seen a mouse - I probably would have. I'll give my pros and cons.

I had stayed at one aloft before in Montreal, so I was aware of the room size/layout. The downstairs lobby is well lit, and the check in staff was eager to help. I had a glass of wine at the bar, which was short staffed. The one bartender was making drinks, waitressing and preparing the food. I definitely think there should be one other person.

I had a great night of sleep, loved the full amenities in the shower (bliss bodywash and shampoo/condiitoner are great!). However, the one thing I can't get over was the mouse in the gym. It cut my workout short, as I couldn't stay in there. Also, when I went to complain the front desk contact said "I know, other people have complained" and was completely unphased by it. Since that moment, I've been unable to think this hotel is clean and am convinced there could be more than one.

Get an exterminator, I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AloftBroomfield8300, General Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire hotel, I want to apologize that a rodent appeared in the Fitness Center during your workout. Our hotel has been open for almost 4 years, and this is the first rodent complaint we have received. I want to ensure you that the cleanliness of our hotel is the top priority of our staff. We are travelers as well, and we often times put ourselves in your shoes. The sight of a rodent is concerning and obviously, not ideal. In the 4 years, we have used the same pest company that comes in on a monthly basis to ensure there is not a rodent problem. We are as proactive as possible in eliminating rodents, and unfortunately, this was not the case during your recent stay.

I can assure you that the problem is resolved and will not happen again in the future. I sincerely hope you give us another chance and understand that we are one of the cleanest hotels in the brand. Thank you for your continued support of aloft and look forward to a return visit to prove that we will not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Ryan Ikemeier
Durham, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Aloft Broomfield is a great place to stay if you’re travelling on business. The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. The widescreen TV in the room is massive. Great desk to work at. Wi-Fi is fast enough for video calls. Business Center in the Lobby, pool, exercise room, pool table. Conveniently located near local businesses and the highway. The bar is a lot of fun and the food is excellent. Try the deviled eggs. Samantha behind the bar makes the best dirty martinis!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AloftBroomfield8300, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review! The Aloft caters to the well connected, tech-savvy customer just like you! Modern conveniences and a whole lot of style! Samantha is always awesome and we're glad you got to try our new Chef Specials at the Wxyz bar ! JP serves it up Monday -Thursday 4:30-9pm ! We look forward to your next stay !
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hip and contemporary hotel though note that this is a limited service hotel, no restaurants, gift shop etc. (but there is a bar). There is an area off of the front desk which allows you to buy food items which you just pay for @ the front desk. Once in the room (NICE!) there is a room service menu but be aware that it's a 3rd party delivering service w/a minimum of a $15 order.
Again nice rooms, though my mini fridge didn't work, the remote control only worked from certain areas of the bed and the cell service in the room was horrible. There's an unlimited source of bath soap and shampoo/conditioner-in-1, so bring your own conditioner if that type doesn't work for you
There's a small indoor pool and fitness center. Used the pool, nothing spectacular but did the job.
For location, note that there aren't any restaurants/shops located next to it-they're located a half mile or more away from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
The Aloft Broomfield Denver thanks you for your 4 star review! In addition to the room service menu, the Wxyz bar has made to order Chef Specials Monday - Thursday 430pm-9pm. We also offer a free shuttle service to the various dinning and entertainment options within 5 miles of the hotel! We hope you give both a try the next time you stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again !
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent 1 night here with my family to avoid getting stuck in TX for Spring Break. Got a last minute AAA rate for $79. The room was nice and clean and as expected. It was fine for a short stay. The staff at the wxyz bar were all friendly and attentive. We had time to kill in the am and the kids had fun playing pool and with the large selection of board games.

We stayed in room 237 and there was a street light right outside one window that required some creative adjustment of the window covering.

The only major issue was a garbage can in the kitchen that was directly in view (and use) through the window where you placed your order. The employee preparing food was in direct contact with it while making food and taking orders. That's a simple housekeeping/training issue, but it was gross. Stick to prepared items in the coolers and you'll never know!

I'd definitely stay again...

Room Tip: Request a room above the 2nd floor to avoid street lights.