“Always a good meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Hudson, WI
“Always a good meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been going to La Placita since I was little and have go (sometimes more than once) have it whenever we are back visiting. Everything is great! I've never had a bad meal. A real authentic restaurant and very reasonably priced for what you get.

Visited March 2013

Henderson, Colorado
“Poor customer service, Very rude manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I took my mother to this place because I had a a voucher from Restaurant.com. We sat down before two other tables, but were approached by the waitress last. Ok, no big deal right? As it says on my voucher which i had printed off an hour prior, I handed the voucher to the waitress before we ordered any food. She told me that they no longer accepted these. I told her that can't be because i just printed it off. She told me that she would ask the manager. She came back 5 minutes later saying that the manager would be out to speak with us shortly. She asked if she could take our order, and I stated that we should wait to talk to the manager. 10 minutes later the manager came out and said that they don't except these vouchers and i need to check with restaurant.com. I looked it up on my phone and the manager said that the website was wrong. I told her that whenever a restaurant quits accepting vouchers Restaurant.com posts that and gives a credit. She said that we were out of luck. When my mother and I got up to leave I mentioned that maybe I will just have to leave a review online, to which she responded "do whatever makes you happy", and "this place has been here for over 30yrs" to which I responded "that's surprising seeing that it's less than 10% full". So now by leaving this review I've done what made me happy. We drove across the street and ate at Santiagos. Great service and good food, for cheap too. Drive past this dump and go to Santiagos.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avon
“My wife and I both got sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I went there on 10/12/12 for dinner. They charge for chips and salsa, I have never been charged for chips and salsa in a mexican resturant before. I had a dish that was 3 tortillas with ground beef between the layers and then covered with cheese, lettuce and green chile. My wife had a beef taco, enchillada, and a tamale. We both had a margarita @ $6.00 ea. The food on a scale of 1-10 was about a 4.5,. we eat mexican at different mexican resturants every Friday nite and this is probably one of the worst. Later that evening both of us got upset stomachs and had to use the restroom several times throughout the night. I think the health dept needs to make a visit there. There are better choices to be had, don't eat here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, Colorado
“Bland!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Not a good experience! They charge for stale chips and way too spicy salsa. The food was soo bland! You can get more flavor from Taco Bell! Do NOT order the chili relleno unless you want a pepper wrapped in a slice of american cheese. The prices were just OK. They need better menu choices and updating of the restaurant. It is too dark. And.. NO air conditioning! I hope that it was just out when we visited but it looked as if the fans hand been sitting around for awhile. The two positives of our experience were the taste of their margaritas (although a little pricey!) and our service. Our waitress was good even though she was overloaded with tables to serve. We will not be going back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“LA PLACITA DELIVERS!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

We celebrated my parents 20th Anniversary at La Placita and I must say they did a great job. Our party had around 50 people and the restaurant itself was relatively busy (as they usually are on a Saturday night). We were more than pleased with the fast and friendly service. Our food came hot and pretty quick considering. The bartender was very attentive on drinks. Our overall experience was awesome. We dine here regularly but some family members from out of town don't and they said they would definitely like to come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere