“Unauthorized charge placed on my credit card -- $300” 1 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Unauthorized charge placed on my credit card -- $300”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was at the Best Western in Brighton on May 20. Today, I was about to pay my credit card bill and saw that the Best Western not only charged me for my one-night stay but also put an unauthorized, surpise $300 charge on my credit card. When I called to ask what that was about, the person who answered the phone said I had an unauthorized pet in my room. Absolutely not true. I have asked them to remove the charge. They are reviewing surveillance video to locate me to see if I did indeed have a pet. I will NOT pay this unauthorized, incorrect and secret charge. If I had simply paid my credit card bill, with lots of vacation charges on it, the Best Western would have gotten $300 by simply slipping in this incorrect charge. I hope this is not a typical practice for them. I will say this is the third time I have stayed there. The first two went well. At this point, I am not anticipating a fourth visit.

Room Tip: Check your credit card bill!!!!!
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jutipun S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Brighton Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your third stay with us at the Best Western Brighton Inn. We appreciated your loyalty and your business. Nevertheless, I also would like to apologize to you and ask for your forgiveness on this matter.

To better explain to you about the charge on your credit card, we are a pet friendly hotel where all kinds of dogs are welcomed. There will be $15 charge for 1 dog second dog will be $5 charge (so 2 dogs in the room is total of $20 only) . However, we also have rule about un-reported pets. If guests bring pets into their rooms without reporting to us at the front desk, there will be $300 penalty fee to clean the room.

Please let me know if there is any further action I can take to make you feel better about this situation

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice reception even though we were running late.
Room was clean and comfortable and the reservation was as expected. Breakfast was very good with one option as a build it yourself burrito. Room priced was a little high however it was the closest to Boulder I could reserve a room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jutipun S, Manager at BEST WESTERN Brighton Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hello from all of us here at Best Western Brighton Inn

Thank you so much deep down from our hearts for your outstanding responses about our hotel. We are so glad that we can assist you with all your needs.

Please let us know if there is the way to serve you better than this time.

Thank you so much again for your stay and loyalty

Jamaica Plain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a great response about us at Best Western Brighton Inn. We are always trying our best to not only satisfy your accommodation and service needs but to go beyond to make sure that you will become our loyal customer in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I could do to make your next stay with us at the Best Western Brighton Inn become more pleasant.

Thank you so much again for choosing our hotel as your accommodation

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Best Western Hotel in Brighton is a great hotel with friendly staff and excellent service and a great location. The hotel is supper clean and the breakfast is well prepaired. You can not go wrong with the Best Western Brighton Inn. I will stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jpcollier, Manager at BEST WESTERN Brighton Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for the favorable revies you gave our hotel. We are pleased that you gave us the opportunity to meet your expectations. We certainly enjoyed reading your review. Thank you once again.
Saratoga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellence service and breakfast. Staff went out of their way to make me feel at home.
My tv wasn't working in my assigned room, so they upgraded me to the room with the whirlpool even though I had to sign an agreement to not use it. Right along the main highway all within reasonable distance of downtown (a very small town) and access to the toll for the airport.
Many close restaurants and a WalMart. Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our hotel. We appreciate your response. We are dedicated to always providing our guests with the best customer service available. Thank you once again for your kind words.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good price for rooms, Hotel met my (high) expectations on cleanliness and the place smelled nice and clean. The staff was very courteous, but maybe a little lacking in knowledge of local eateries or attractions. Breakfast was excellent, and I was super happy that it was something different every morning since I stayed there for several nights. Pool is an indoor and very clean as well. Fitness facility is a little small- just a treadmilland weight machine. Several eating places near by as well as a walmart incase you forgot anything. I slept like a baby- bed was just right, room temp and controls were just right as well.

My only issues: The artwork has been recently updated, but is a little depressing for my taste, and the coffee was terrible, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, I didn't like any of the coffee I tried to drink while in Colorado.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great responses on trip advisor. Your comments or complaints always mean a lot to all of us here at Best Western Brighton Inn. Those comments and complaints will eventually become great sources for us to use to improve our quality and to assure you that your next stay with us will always only get better every time.

Please let me know If there is anything we can do to please you more on your next stay with us at the Best Western Brighton Inn.

Thank you so much again and we hope for another chance to service you .

Best Regards
El Cerrito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my boyfriend drove across country to move to CA over the summer and we stopped here at night after a long day through CO. After a long and scary drive through the rockies, this hotel was a godsend. We came in at 1am, and the desk lady offered-without us even bringing anything up- to let us use the pool even though it had been closed, as well as get some breakfast food that was out for the next morning in the dining hall, and leave late- at 1pm for free! Again- she offered all of this without me thinking to ask at all! So nice and totally unexpected! The pool was awesome and had both the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves! The single King room was very clean, well decorated, spacious and comfortable. We had been without food for hours and everything was closed since it was so late so we were grateful to eat. We were also incredibly grateful to be able to wake up and leave late since we didn't get to sleep until 3am or so. Out of the whole trip, we definitely remember this hotel. If you are on your way through Utah next, good luck because every place will be terrible/non existant.

Room Tip: Single King was great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jpcollier, Manager at BEST WESTERN Brighton Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. We feel your comments on Value, Location, and Service is what we are all about!! Your review will definitely help spread the word of what we have to offer, and how great of a stay future guest can expect.

Been to BEST WESTERN Brighton Inn? Share your experiences!