“AMAZING!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
Fort Carson, Colorado
“AMAZING!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Being a military family my husband and I have traveled to many states and stayed in many hotels over the past 10 years. The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge is by far one of the most astounding places we have ever been! Every chance we get to make it to Breckenridge we go and there is no other place we will stay. Each room is custom with the most amazing cabin furniture, comfortable beds, quite atmosphere, and breath taking views. Not to mention the hot tubs outside looking over the mountains. They are even more incredible when the snow is falling down! We have also utilized the spas services available at the lodge, such a perfect touch to an already perfect stay. My husband and I are going to be enjoying our 11 year anniversary their next month and we are always looking for reason to go back!!! The Lodge and Spa at Breckenridge is marvelous and if you’re in the Breckenridge area this place is a MUST for your stay.

Room Tip: Every room we have ever stayed in at the lodge has been great, but the Mtn View rooms have wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I would bet it is the best value in town. Yes, the bathrooms are a little dated and small but more than adequate to meed my needs. The room itself was very spacious which I appreciated. I'd much rather have it "as is" for the price than pay a lot more for upgrades. Breakfast was just okay, but it was an unexpected surprise to me that it was included at all.

I liked that it was close to town but far away from the night life. I do wish I knew about the great views - I would have upgraded. Gorgeous. Very warm, cozy feeling. Liked the design. Its a large place but never feels that way inside. Room was too warm but we just opened the door on the balcony.

And we got exceptionally good service from the front desk. Both morning and night staff were friendly and very helpful. If price stays in the same range, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. I think it is great to have an affordable place to stay in an otherwise pricey town.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

One of the few places I can recommend paying for the upgrade to a mountain view room. views are fantastic! The room was awesome, too! Log post and beam beds, a gas fireplace, giant windows facing the mountains, comfortable sitting chairs...this is an all-around winner. i could have moved into my room permanently.

Be sure to bring your own food or pay high delivery costs. There is no where to eat on site. i ordered pizza and it was not cheap.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade for rooms with views!!! It is worth it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kingsport, Tennessee USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Very nice rustic looking but well equipped lodge. Exercise room especially well equipped with many more weights/machines than I expected to find. Great view, nice indoor fireplace to sit by. Breakfast was very good. Only negative I found was the hot tubs were so cold I tried to get in and immediately got out. Neither of the 2 were working well, too cold. But other than that snafu this nice place to stay and we'd stay again.
If you want a large room though, this isn't it. Rooms fairly small, but find for us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
cardiff, wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

A hotel without a bar or restaurant is rather unusual - especially half way up a mountain - so as long as you can live with driving (or bussing) to get a meal then this is a really good choice. The included breakfast was OK but my focus was on enjoying the views - outstanding. Room was nice enough for the price, although I can see why no a/c would be an issue (fortunately not required when we stayed). Slight air of needing a refurb in general. But overall at the right price this is a good option, especially for one night. I can see why they are busy.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at the lodge for 2 nights, it had a mountain lodge feeling with big wood beams and fireplaces, and the previous reviews were correct about the views, they are excellent. A couple of miles from the town of Breckenridge, it sits on the top of a hill, views of the town, ski hill, and fall aspens were great. If you don't mind driving a few minutes into town and like a quieter place to stay, this would be a good choice.

We did not use the spa, so we can't comment.

What we liked: Nice homey feeling, they are family friendly and were happy to have our dog stay, too. We had a king mountain view suite on the 2nd floor, which had the great views mentioned above; room was large and nicely furnished, very tasteful, big wood beams in ceiling, four poster bed, muted colors. Small kitchen area with coffee maker/microwave/refrigerator/sink (no stovetop), some utensils and plates were provided and appreciated. Carpet and tile on the floors, both seemed clean enough, you didn't get that creepy carpet feeling you sometimes get from hotels. Bathroom was mostly clean, shower curtain pretty new, not icky at all. Bed was soft, linens and bedspread were clean, towels were provided in shape of peacocks, very cute. Toiletries provided actually smelled good, especially the soap. All of the employees were friendly and helpful, this place deserves an A+ for customer service. And the rates were very reasonable, we stayed off season and enjoyed the color of the aspens in lieu of the ski hills.

What we didn't: Bathrooms were small and older, they obviously were updated at some point with sinks/toilets/tubs but still show their wear, bathroom sink cracked, some caulking was needed around the tub, and they have a nice wooden shelf for toiletries--but an odd choice, as it doesn't really clean up and there are lots of toothpaste stains from past guests. The bathroom vent fan was VERY loud, made a banging sound when turned on, I felt bad for the neighbors. It was mostly clean, but the walls were a bit dirty. The rooms seemed new in comparison to the bathroom, but had a few minor maintenance issues, like shutter slats being broken and the couch visibly dipping in the middle (fine if it's one person sitting there who doesn't mind dipping in th emiddle). I never thought I'd hear these words coming out of my mouth, but La Quinta breakfast was better. If you like bread items (toast, bagels, cereal, danish, waffles) this is the breakfast for you. I think there were packets of oatmeal, otherwise there was nothing healthy or substantial to eat. There was a small selection of fruit, my husband grabbed an orange and it was brown and rotten when he peeled it. If you are a yogurt/eggs/fruit/whole wheat toast person, make other plans.

I'm not sure if the lodge is going for an upscale spa experience (since I didn't visit the spa) or a homey mountain lodge feel...if it's homey mountain lodge, then they've got it about right. It's not fancy, although at one time might have been, looks like it was built with love and taken care of, there's just some dust and dirt in the corners. I don't think we'd pay full price during ski season, but we definitely got what we paid for with the off season rates.

Room Tip: 2nd floor will be quieter; mountain view is best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Previous Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our lodge. We appreciate all our guests’ feedback, both good and bad! Yes, our views do set do set us aside from many other properties in the area. Guest service is very important to us and from your comments it seems we are keeping up to our standards there.
New management took over The Lodge in 2009 and we are working through things to increase the overall look and value of The Lodge. We have started off with major updates to the internal parts of the hotel and are working our way from there. We have updated beds, some furniture, bedding and carpeting in rooms and working on more updates monthly. We are now working on focus on our bathrooms this Fall with new caulking, sinks, shelving, mirrors, vent fans, etc to spruce up the overall look of the bathrooms.
We do offer a Continental Breakfast to our guests and that is a basic continental breakfast. We are one of 2 hotels in Breckenridge that offer any type of “free” breakfast. This breakfast is a jump to get you started but is not a full hot breakfast.
We are continually proceeding with updates year round, with a focus on the most important as we see fit to ensure a valued guest experience.
Sincerely, Rhonda Profaizer / General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

An absolutely beautiful place.away from the hustle and bustle of a ski resort town! The rooms are unique and charming, beautifully restored to retain the feel of an old mountain lodge. The views are spectacular!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to The Lodge at Breckenridge? Share your experiences!