“I want to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I want to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I wish the family had been able to come. It was everything promised (you know the promises you always read about and wonder if they ever really are?) and more! I was truly upset they couldn't be with me. Each of them could have found something to enjoy easily regardless of the weather. Great place to hangout, enjoy outside OR inside. The studio room I had was fantastic, well equipped, great spa tub and kitchenette. I am ready to go back, in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the kitchenette and spa tub. Rooms are clean and quiet even with those amenities...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

First off , the location is phenomenal and the check-in experience was great. However, the negatives by far out weigh those positives. Our recent trip to Breckenridge for a two night stay was supposed to be a nice resort get-away from home. We thought the Beaver Run Resort would provide such an experience. Unfortunately, the dated, dirty room was poor at best. I slept with a my socks on to protect my feet from the filthy carpet. The decade+ old TV set in the bedroom did not work properly. The room's stench required us to keep the outside door open the entire stay. I had to sit on the wooden chair from the dinning set to watch tv in the living room; in fear if picking up parasites from the couch.
NOT WORTHY OF THE VAIL NAME, or VAIL HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORSE.
I understand that this property is not owned by Vail resorts; however, I do feel it is their responsibility to ensure that the properties they rent meet their high standard. I not only will never stay at this resort again, I will never again stay at a property owned or managed by Vail Resorts. The Double Tree, a block away, for less money, has in the past, and will again in the future accommodate my Breckenridge lodging needs. I'm carefully reconsidering keeping my annual ski pass for next year. There's enough competition in Colorado, it may be time to try a new resort.

• Stayed April 2013
BeaverRunResortFun, General Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center is Homeowners Association. The Units are individually owned. Most of the units are managed by the staff of Bridge Hospitality. Our close to 500 Units and their owners are held to a certain standard that must be met to be a part of the Bridge Hospitality rental program. They are inspected annually to make sure they reach the minimum standards. With that said,Based on your description of the unit, I don’t believe you stayed in one of ours. I would like to speak to you about your experience here. Chris Pappas, Assistant General Manager of Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center. cpappas@beaverrun.com.
Aurora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Beaver Run Resort is worth the price! Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are like a mini-spa themselves (definitely get a room with a spa tub). I was here for a conference, and didn't go skiing. This is a great place even for those who don't ski. I'll definitely be coming back to this hotel! Wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a spa tub!
Lakewood, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was super excited to stay here as it seemed like it would be beautiful being located right on the ski hill. I was VERY disappointed in the housekeeping and staff. I went up for a conference and stayed in a suite in building 4 with a friend. We had a two bedroom suite with a whirl tub and kitchen. It looked nice until you looked closer. There was a lipstick stain on a glass that had been put away in the cupboard, there was a contact lens (not mine) on the counter by the sink in the bathroom that just got pushed around each day when housekeeping came in, my bed was NEVER made, just the comforter thrown up over the bed and the pillows in the same exact spot as when I left in the morning, it appeared that the staff never vacuumed in the rooms as there was dust accumulation along the running boards of the bedrooms and trash/dirt in the hallways and walkways in-between the buildings, and there was mold in the grout of the shower and the corners of where the floor met the wall in the bathroom with the tiles. I could not have been more disappointed. I had expected a lot more out of a resort and spa in Breckenridge. I understand that the building is old but you can at least hire some housekeepers that can use a dishwasher and vacuum. My sink in the bathroom was never cleaned as I could tell that there were water spots on the spout and it looked dusty...so gross! I would not suggest staying here. OH! And, when I checked out, the woman helping me never asked how my stay was or looked up at me; very disappointing! The only thing positive that I have to say is that the bed was comfortable but I was scared to sleep in the bed after the lack of housekeeping. I luckily noticed that my face towel was dirty before using it to wipe the water off of my clean face with! Do they wash towels and sheets here?!

Room Tip: I don't have a good tip in picking a room as I thought that a two bedroom suite was going to be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our guests and it concerns me greatly that you had such a poor experience here during your visit. We pride ourselves in the professionalism and friendliness of all of our staff and would like the opportunity to address any behavior to the contrary. I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you contact me. I would like to speak with you about the houskeeping issues and address them with the appropriate Manager. Chris Pappas, Assistant General Manager, Beaver Run Resort. 970-453-8772 or email me at cpappas@beaverrun.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

There is no denying that the location of this hotel is superb. It was so nice to be "ski in, ski out."
When we first walked into our "non-smoking" room, it smelled like a partied on college apartment. We had wished we brought a sheet from home to put over the couch. The toilet was seperate from the sink; which I like, though, the room the toilet was in was so dark that you did need to leave the door open while going. Though the spa tub was nice, the shower was unusable. The height wasn't adjustable; the water went over my head. And yes, good pressure is always nice, but if I were tall enough to have had the water hit me, I think it would have knocked me over.
Now for the bed.....
I'll start gentle.
It's that overused kind of bed where you and your partner walk up annoyed slammed into eachother in the center. You try to roll back to the side, but end back in the valley of the middle.
Though, the worst part.... I sleep on my right side and now have several bite marks on my right arm and other bite marks on my body. I can't 100% say it was from this place; I should have stripped to bed and checked, but was in denial and trying to enjoy my weekend. Though I will say, the place was gross.

• Stayed April 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at the Beaver run before and love it. It's a hotel that has everything. Stayed in building four in a Colorado Suite. It took us all of eight minutes to walk from room to lift to ski room to slope to lift. No trudging around for miles in ski boots. Being on English time we were first up every morning and first onto the fabulously groomed runs all to ourselves practically. We were with friends but would meet at one of the restaurants at 11 once everyone was organized. The lift queues, when you rarely came upon them were so organized not like the pushing and shoving in Europe. Once a great day of skiing was had would ski straight in to ski room ( almost) and be in the lovely warm pool not long after or sit in the very large hot tub chatting to friendly Americans.
Eating is very convenient. For supper you can go to Spencer's if you can't be bothered to go into town. If you want to eat in the lovely town then a free bus takes you down. When you want to get home the restaurants rings them to come and get you. Such service. For breakfast you can buy your own from the shop in the hotel which we did first night or from supermarket in town or go to Spencer's if you enjoy your eating.
We got our ski from blue river sport which was quick and efficient and the most comfortable boots ever. There is a shop next to the hotel but it doesn't take long to go down to the town. You can get your ski pass on line and a discount for returning. The pass covers Vail, copper, beaver creek and Arapaho Basin and keystone too. Expensive but worth it.
At Beaver run the spa is fabulous too. For a birthday present I was given a Peruvian chocolate Wrap which was wonderful!!! My friends had a massage every other day.
If you have kids which we used to have there is a very large play area which has mini golf and lots of games. Great place.

Room Tip: Colorado Suite in building 4 has a sofa bed in the lounge which is fine for 2 or 3 of you. Last tim...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Breckenridge and we were delighted with the Beaver Run resort.
The hotel is literally steps away from the slopes at the bottom of peak 8 and is perfect as a ski in/ski out location.
The rooms were nicely equipped, warm, clean and comfortable.
The staff, may I just say were warm and friendly and helpful, I had a minor problem in my room which was resolved very quickly and to my complete satisfaction.
We had breakfast most mornings in "Spencers" in the hotel, and found the food to be excellent and well priced.
We used the 2 bars in the hotel, and again enjoyed the atmosphere in both. The prices there were largely comparable with the town.
In short, I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are largely similar, although our room had a fridge where our friends room did not.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!