“Good Location but terrible Temperature Control!.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center to your Saves list
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   620 Village Road, PO Box 2115, Breckenridge, CO 80424   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
“Good Location but terrible Temperature Control!.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Well It was my 7 year in Breckenridge!. I love this place because you have everything that you need to have an excellent skiing vacations. They have a beautiful view. They are an excellent ski in - ski out. They have an excellent restaurant "Spencer", the pool is great, the gym is great, and the arcade zone is great for the kids.

I need to tell you that the ski patrol is really amazing!. They have and excellent services, you feel safe all the time.

But they have a bad issues: the decoration of the rooms were terrible, I don't like it. The carpets look oldest!, and dirty. They have a terrible HUMIDIFIER doesn't work well, and they are noises. The temperature control inside the room is really TERRIBLE, it's impossible to turn off the HEATER!, all nights we needed to open the windows and the room still hottest!. Another thing is that you need to pay US$10 per night per car for parking space, I's thinking if I paid a lot money for the room, the parking space should include in the price of the week. The other important issue is I rented a big room with two rooms and I only have one locker, that's terrible because we were 7 and was very difficult to put the skies and pools everyday, we couldn't put there the ski boots. The last thing in Beaver Run was the Coopertop restaurant was terrible because if you decided to stay inside they had a DJ's really bad and the music was really noisy!, and outdoor the music was terrible also!. I couldn't stay there to have a lunch because the music was very loaded!.. Something that I didn't like was, when I made my reservation the only request that I made was I don't want a room with the King Size room without windows, and it's exactly that they gave me!. That's disappointment for me!.

The other think that was TERRIBLE was the food in some restaurants on the Mountains: Ten Miles and Peak 9. The only good restaurant was Vista Haus!. The others had cold food, the service of the cookers were terrible, they didn't want to service you!. The variety in that restaurants were poor!. And finally the price of the food was very expensive, every year the food cost more and more, and the quality is bad and bad!.

Room Tip: If you choose a double room you need to find two rooms with windows!. You need to check first that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Trussville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although the external architecture of the buildings is a little dated, my room was nice on the inside with a great view of the Ten-Mile range. Room amenities included wall-mounted flat screen TV, "ipod home" clock radio, pillow-top mattresses, WiFi, etc. Ski locker keys are hanging in the room on the back of the door. Cannot beat the convenience to the Beaver Run Superchair. Had dinner at Spencer's several times, and it was great every time. Never had a better Rib Eye Steak. Great value for Breckenridge--still my favorite ski resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best ski resort I've been in. I liked the ski in and out thing. I liked the ski lockers that was in our hotel package. Liked the food. But, the beds and pillows need to replaced. But, overall I loved it!

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is our third year to stay at Beaver Run Resort and we will be back again next year. We stay in a 2 Bed/bath unit each time and have our lunches in the room so we can rest for awhile before heading back out to the slopes. The buildings being so close to the lift and having storage there for our skiis in incredible. You have access to everything that you need right at the resort itself and the shuttle service takes you anywhere in town that you want to go. We love, love, love this place and we have made great memories here.

Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have visited Breckenridge several times and this was the first time we stay at Beaver Run, it was awesome, the fact that we were just right behind the end of the slope made our walk with ski gear a lot easier.
We enjoyed the jacuzzi a lot, the Pull out Sofa bed is not the greatest a little bit uncomfortable, but besides that it was a great room.
Spencer’s Restaurant was delicious, good ambiance, not to crowded, no waiting on line, just perfect!

Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first time to Colorado and newbies to Skiing. These are the nicest people! My family stayed in the Colorado Suite at Beaver Run Resort and couldn't have asked for a better location. This Resort is a Ski in Ski out...so don't have to leave the property to enjoy your ski trip. They have everything you need right on the property. The lifts were right outside your building. They have free shuttles that are at your beacon call and the Staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. We will definitely be going back and will stay at the BRR. Will not look elsewhere, unless they're booked. Oh...for first timers be sure the lift ticket office gives you an Epic Card and not just the paper lift ticket. That is my only complaint is that the gentleman working the window that day didn't give us one and there was an issue when it came time for us to get on the lift because they asked to scan our Epic Card. However we were in the Ski Class that day so they let us ride the lift since we were with an instructor. Other than that everything else was perfect. This place is great for families. Our suite had a kitchenette with a stove dishwasher microwave small frig. It also had a fireplace and dining table. I really liked how the Jaccuzi tub, sink and toilet area are all seperate. It is nicely laid out. You MUST take the Shuttle to main street. Ask to be dropped off at Stop 9 which will put you right in the middle of the shopping or Stop 14 if you want to work you way from one end to the other. Oh I got a headache from the altitude even after drinking plenty of water on the way up the mountain, as suggested. So my husband told me to drink a Gatorade and once I did, it went away. Just a suggestion if you get one.
All in all ..BOOK IT!

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights for a long ski weekend. We booked a studio room. After reading TripAdvisor reviews I was concerned that the hotel and room would be a little dated. There is no question that the building is older, but it has been rehabbed and we lucked out getting an updated room (granite counter tops in studio kitchen and bathroom) with a comfy king size bed. The hallways could use some updating, but I tend not to need a five star resort for ski vacations. The only complaint I have about our room is that the shower was inside the jacuzzi tub, with a shower curtain that you pulled in a circle all around the tub. This set up was just sort of odd and made getting out of the shower difficult.

The location can not be beat. It is literally right on the slopes within 75 feet of the Beaver Run lift. There is ski storage in the building that made getting on the slopes easy and convenient. We visited the Copper Top Bar at the resort once for lunch and twice for drinks and a break from skiing. The food and drinks were all excellent and I was surprised that we did not have a problem finding a table. Each afternoon we also hit the hot tubs. There is a large hot tub in building four that fits 15+ people and smaller hot tubs in building 3 that fit approximately 4 people each. The hot tubs in building 3 are newer, but we preferred the large hot tub in building 4 because there was more room and you didn't feel like you were sitting on top of the person next to you.

The complimentary resort shuttle to downtown Breckenridge was a huge benefit. Although downtown is only a few blocks away, after skiing all day the last thing I wanted to do was go hiking through the snow to dinner. We used the shuttle 3 nights and it was very nice not having to worry about driving.

I would recommend staying here if skiing at Breckenridge and am looking forward to going back sometime soon!

Room Tip: Request building 4 as it is closest to the slopes.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!