“Romantic, great value, hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Skiway Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   275 Ski Hill Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
Berkeley, California
“Romantic, great value, hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I can't believe more people don't know about this place!
Skiway Lodge has it all. A perfect location (short walk to downtown, on bus route to mountain and ski-in/ski-out), excellent value, comfortable beds and stylish new furniture, 2 fantastic hot tubs...Skiway Lodge dots every "i" & crosses every "t".
Look no further, this is your new favorite place!
Thank you for everything, we will be back!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with this place.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is our second time to stay at the Skiway Lodge and we have loved both visits! It is like a secluded inn with rich leather and wood furnishings. Multiple common areas, attractively appointed. Fireplace in common room and in most bedroom suites. Our suite easily accomodated the three in our family by using the sleeper sofa. We enjoyed the hot tub each afternoon after skiing. Common area has dishes, glassware, and hot drinks - with refrig in room, you can easily do your own breakfast and happy hours! Very convenient for both skiing and walking to historic Main Street. We plan to return here many times!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SkiWayFrontDesk, General Manager at Skiway Lodge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the feedback and hope to have you with us again soon, cheers!
SF Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed here a number of times the past few winters and love it more each time! We really enjoy the seclusion of the woods and hot tubs, while being only a two blocks from downtown (Main St). The office?front desk isn't staffed 24/7, but the owner and employees were very helpful when we did see them with questions. Tip: Read the check in info - The lodge is ski-in/ski-out, however, taking the free bus (across the street from the lodge) up the hill to the base of Peak 7 or 8 to get to the slopes is a MUCH easier option, rather than skiing down to the gondola. At the end of the day, from Peak 8, ski down Four O'Clock Run and stay left to SkyWay SkiWay (to gondola), the lodge is on the right.

Room Tip: Suite 3, on the top floor, with its four post bed, fireplace and balcony is the nicest room we'v...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you want to be steps away from the charm of downtown Breck, yet feel like you are tucked away in the forrest, this is a great place to stay. The rooms are lovely, the hot tub is grand, and you can park your car once you arrive and walk to hiking, dinner and skiing.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in Feb for a ski trip. We (2 people) took the shuttle in from Denver and found our door key taped to the front door of the lodge. There were instructions enclosed for everything we needed during our stay taped to the front door. The room was on the small side for 2 people but very comfortable. The lodge is beautifully decorated and furnished from bedroom to common areas. Everything was extremely clean. The common eating area had tea, coffee, juice, hot/cold water, ice, cookies, oatmeal and silverware, dishes/glasses and everything you could need. No actual sink or cooking area though but there was a microwave and fridge in our room. Common lounge area on the 1st and 2nd floors had board games, TVs and a warm fireplace and I remember seeing a computer too but didn't use it. We didn't use the hot tubs but it looked fine and several other people did and they seemed to enjoy it. There was an elevator that goes only to the 2nd floor but I couldn't get it to work - storage room for skis/boards is on 2nd floor. We carried skis & snowboards up to our 3rd floor bedroom (didn't see storage room until later) also our luggage - luckily, we packed light. The bus stop is just 3 minutes walk down the street and takes you to all the main lifts, depending on which bus you get on (easy to figure out since bus lines are colour coded). Fifteen minutes walk to main street where all the shops, rental places and restaurants are located.
I didn't really mind the lack of staff around because we didn't need additional services (the maid did make up the room everyday and that was all I needed), in fact, it felt more personal that nobody was around because it felt like we were guests in someone's (very nice) home rather than a hotel/lodge. The lodge was full (I could tell for the many cars parked in front) but I didn't hear anyone, maybe just for a little bit of talking while they were outside in the hot tub area but it didn't bother me at all.
I wasn't sure what to expect when we decided on this place but it was great. Good location, comfortable and had everything we needed during our stay. The only thing was we wished there was a supermarket close by to buy some fruits and snacks (I found one but very expensive and extremely limited selection). If you are driving here, I would recommend stocking up on whatever snacks/food you want before arriving as very limited selection around the lodge. Overall, a great stay, great trip and I will definitely return next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Watertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights mid April, but wish we could have stayed longer. The lodge's location is great, close to everything, yet seems tucked away. Cozy on the outside, Skiway's interior is more tastefully and elegantly decorated than expected. It was a joy to stay in the spacious room with beautiful furnishings, an oversized armoire, romantic lighting, a king size four post bed, a luxurious leather sofa, gas fireplace, flat screen TV and a lovely balcony with french doors overlooking pines and the way into town. Waking up to views of fresh fallen snow each morning only added to the beauty of our room.
The whole hotel was very clean and the 4 staff members we met were all very friendly and gave great suggestions for restaurants and things to do. (Breakfast burritos at Coffee Depot are awesome and Blue River Bistro was great for Sunday brunch). The outdoor hot tubs were also great and relaxing and we felt pampered with the terry robes and slippers provided.
Looking forward to returning to Skiway Lodge soon, as I know Breckenridge is just as beautiful in summer as in winter!

Room Tip: Request the room with the king size 4 posted bed and balcony with fireplace. Sooooo romantic!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

For the price I thought it was great. Like other reviewers, I was suprised by the lack of staff on-site and the "check-in" procedure. My room was very nice....comfy bed... updated recently. The cleaning staff (person) did not make my bed for some reason, which I found odd...but nobody there to voice a complain.The walls are pretty thin, so if you have noisy neighbors it could be a problem ( I think the place was full while I was there, and I hardly heard anyone). No breakfast...I think there was cereal somewhere to eat, but I wanted something hot so went into town to eat. It is truly ski in, and you could ski out to gondola and then back up mountain.
Breck is so easy to get around, and there is a bus stop right outside...I walked to town for dinner and shopping, and rode the shuttle for skiing. My only objective was to ski, so for me it was a great value. I would stay again...probably not if I had a family.

Room Tip: Second floor is same level as ski storage and access to hot tub and ski in/out.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Skiway Lodge? Share your experiences!