“Fantastic Location, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
united states
“Fantastic Location, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Every time we go to Breckenridge, I say I want to say somewhere else for a different perspective and every time I start looking I realize why we always come back to the Wedgewood. It is perfectly located 2 1/2 blocks from Main Street and across the street from the Snowflake lift. It is also the most affordable place anywhere near the slopes. The staff is always friendly and usually gives us further discounts because we are return customers. This Christmas was no different. It is not a luxury accommodation but each year they continue to make improvements. Each unit has a fireplace and a kitchen so if you come with a family you do not have to eat out every night. Even over one of the busiest weeks of the year, it was quiet and we had our choice of one of two hot tubs (one indoor and one outdoor). They seem to think of everything you may want - they have games and books in the common room and grills outside which are great even in winter. As many nice things as I can say about the lodge itself, it is the location that keeps us coming back. You can rent skis, buy a lift ticket and get on the mountain within 100 steps from the lodge. You can walk downhill to the center of town in 5 minutes - all with the cost and pretentiousness of many of the ski-in/ski-out lodges near Main Street Station. After this last trip, I will no longer even look at other places - this is where we will happily always stay in Breck.

Room Tip: Ask for a view - they will try to accomodate. Also - bring your hair dryer - they have some at the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have stayed here every year for the past 4 years. It's location is very convenient (2.5 blocks to town, .5 blocks to Snowflake lift). It is clean and well-maintained, and we really enjoy staying here, especially for the price. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the 1 bedroom and 1 bedroom lofts, both of which are great.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
littleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I just spent a night at the Wedgewood Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado. What an amazing experience! The units are immaculate and very well appointed. The kitchen in our unit was well stocked with dishes, pots and pans and everything you could possibly need to make a meal. The bed was comfortable, as were the sofas in the living room. We arrived late so we did not have any face to face on check in but when I spoke with them on the phone they were very courteous and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much we are going back this weekend and again the weekend after Thanksgiving. Kudos to the management for knowing how to treat your guests like royalty!

Room Tip: Go for a studio with loft! VERY roomy!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Loved our one bedroom condo. It was spacious and made it easy to handle naps for our toddler. We brought a packnplay which we set up in the bedroom and he was able to nap in his own quiet space. The hotel also has packnplays available. Staff was kind enough to let us borrow a highchair so he can have breakfast /lunch with us at the table.

We also enjoyed the pool, which is a block away and shared with another hotel. Nice short walk to get there. Bring a hotel towel as towels are not available at the pool. There is also a small playground area on the way to the pool that I wish I had known of to take my son there.

The hotel is 3-4 blocks away from main st and it is a nice walk. I did gasp for air a few times when walking back as it is quite steep but I made a point of walking so I can walk off the extra calories I had in all the yummy restaurants we ate at!

I LOVED the couch and sofa in the living room. They're leather (or very nice looking pleather?) and very comfy! It was my favorite spot to hang out and watch tv after that steep walk. TV channels are limited though so I would suggest to bring some DVDs or just hang out outside. If it weren't for my toddler I would not have been able to notice the lack of tv channels :-P

Hot tubs available in and outside although we didn't use them. Ladies at the front desk were really nice. We didn't need them after business hours so I don know if there's anyone available in the evenings. No breakfast available, which is a bummer but there are so many good places in town that I can't complain. Parking is underground.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and would definitely use it if I come back to breckenridge!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We decided last minute to go to Breckenridge for the weekend and found this through recommendations on this site. The price was right and the condo was very nice. Clean, updated and the staff was great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at the Wedgewood Lodge over Labor Day weekend and once again had a great stay (stayed over 4th of July weekend too). The folks that work the front desk at Wedgewood are so friendly and welcoming. The unit (studio) that we stayed in this trip was as good as the unit we stayed at in July: updated, very clean, had everything we needed (full kitchen, outside deck, hot tub). I called to ask for a late check out of 11am (normal check out is 10:00am) and they offered noon, above and beyond what I'd asked for. Wedgewood will be our lodging of choice when we come to Breckenridge!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked this lodging less than 24 hours before my stay. Katie was very helpful in locating a unit that fit our needs, which included habdicap accessibility. Dottie was warm and welcoming when we arrived. A few maintenance issues were noted and promised to be looked at, but nothing that affected our stay. Easy walk to Main Street. Definately reccomend!

Room Tip: Call the lodge directly
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wedgewood Lodge? Share your experiences!