“AWESOME! Take the trail to the top-- all the way!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 30 Attractions in Breckenridge
Type: Trails
Attraction Details
Maryland suburbs of DC
“AWESOME! Take the trail to the top-- all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

So my son was spending the summer in Breckenridge, and we were fortunate to visit him. He found this hike and encouraged us to join him- I was a bit leary, as I haven't really hiked in a while.

The hike is moderate in intensity- about an 800 foot elevation increase and some rockiness- but totally do-able for anyone without joint troubles and in reasonable shape. There are beautiful falls that you can see at different points. My son pushed us to go to the top, where we found a stunning glacial like.

We did this hike in July and I really enjoyed seeing beautiful mountain wildflowers. We also encountered an old mine which evidently a private owner still operates. Pretty cool, though.

This hike was a major part of a perfect vacation day.

Fort Collins, CO
21 attraction reviews
“Lovely waterfall hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A moderate waterfall hike with beautiful mountain scenery. My husband and I stopped short of the waterfall, but we ate our lunch at a spot where we could see the waterfall. My brother and his companion continued on to the waterfall and also climbed up to the top of it where they saw mountain goats. This is just a few miles south of Breck, so easy to get to. Would I do the hike again sometime? Absolutely! Also worthwhile is a drive down the road nearby to the reservoir. The valley view here is awesome, and you can park your car, then climb to the top where the reservoir is located. Marmots in this area.

Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great hike that follows a forest service road at first and then winds up the valley to a beautiful lake. If you are a low lander, the hike is steep and may require you to catch your breath a few times, but it is worth it.

The mosquitoes are FOR REAL. Come prepared. When we stopped, even for a few seconds, we were swarmed.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
30 attraction reviews
“Nice, but steep hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really liked the loneliness of this area. Beautiful trail. The trail is a little hard to find and parallels the stream.

Frisco, Colorado
“Mountain piranhas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's a relatively short hike with some steep spots but the trail is in poor condition. I think that beetle kill has a little bit to do with the overall condition of the trail. They are going to conduct trail repairs starting July 15 so once that is finished it should be better. Bring / use bug repellent! I felt like I was back in the midwest with all of the mosquitoes.