Let me start by saying that I visit Breckenridge every year and bring a fairly large group with me every time. Last season I stayed at Chip's other unit within One Breck Place so I thought it would be a good place to stay again this year so we booked with him again. Upon arrival, everything was as we expected and we were very pleased with the place and the location.
Then we ran into problems... I awoke at 5am to find that the temp inside the unit had dropped to 51degF. I am a mechanical engineer by profession and have HVAC experience so I thought I should check the furnace myself to look for a problem. Upon cycling the furnace power, I found that the exhaust blower was squealing indicating a bearing failure. I called the emergency number for the management company and spoke to Matt. He was very reluctant to come out but I eventually got him to do so. He was able to get the furnace to restart by banging on the gas valve indicating that it was sticky and needed to be replaced. Matt also mentioned that this happend 4 days prior too so this was a pre-existing problem that they new about. Throughout the day I had to constantly call Matt and his boss Brian to tell them that the furnace was once again not running. They began to get very rude with me on the phone and explained that "Things just work slowly around here" and that I should basically just accept the furnace not working. They provided 6 electric space heaters and expected me to be ok with that as a permanent fix.
At this point I contacted the owner Chip and explained that I was fed up with GTL and that I was looking to relocate to a hotel. GTL then called back and offered another place to stay finally sent over a mechanic with a new blower and gas valve. We ended up staying in the unit overnight but there was still a problem with the furnace as it was cycling on/off every 5 minutes.
I would stay at one of Chip's places again in the future BUT ONLY WITH A NEW MANAGEMENT COMPANY. Everyone that I dealt with at Great Western Lodging was very rude and dismissive. I felt that they were just trying to constantly brush me off hoping that we would tough it out through our stay so they wouldn't have to fix the problem or refund any money. Also, I would be cautious of this particular unit because the furnace was still not working properly when we left it on Monday. It was 55deg inside the unit even though the furnace was regularly running and we had 6 space heaters running too.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Breckenridge Place
- One Breckenridge Place Hotel Breckenridge
- One Breckenridge Place Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently built in 1995, the deluxe 3 bedroom/3 bath townhomes of One Breckenridge Place are within walking distance of the Peak 9 lift and the shopping and dining of historic Main Street. Stay warm at One Breckenridge Place while enjoying the outdoors in your private outdoor hot tub, or cozy up near the hand-crafted gas fireplace in the family room. Amenities 24-hour front desk Common laundry facilities Concierge desk Guest parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your One Breckenridge Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.