“One Breckenridge Place unit 10” 1 of 5 stars

You added One Breckenridge Place to your Saves list
One Breckenridge Place
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   315 South Park Avenue, Breckenridge, CO 80424   |
Chicago, Illinois
“One Breckenridge Place unit 10”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that I visit Breckenridge every year and bring a fairly large group with me every time. Last season I stayed at Chip's other unit within One Breck Place so I thought it would be a good place to stay again this year so we booked with him again. Upon arrival, everything was as we expected and we were very pleased with the place and the location.

Then we ran into problems... I awoke at 5am to find that the temp inside the unit had dropped to 51degF. I am a mechanical engineer by profession and have HVAC experience so I thought I should check the furnace myself to look for a problem. Upon cycling the furnace power, I found that the exhaust blower was squealing indicating a bearing failure. I called the emergency number for the management company and spoke to Matt. He was very reluctant to come out but I eventually got him to do so. He was able to get the furnace to restart by banging on the gas valve indicating that it was sticky and needed to be replaced. Matt also mentioned that this happend 4 days prior too so this was a pre-existing problem that they new about. Throughout the day I had to constantly call Matt and his boss Brian to tell them that the furnace was once again not running. They began to get very rude with me on the phone and explained that "Things just work slowly around here" and that I should basically just accept the furnace not working. They provided 6 electric space heaters and expected me to be ok with that as a permanent fix.

At this point I contacted the owner Chip and explained that I was fed up with GTL and that I was looking to relocate to a hotel. GTL then called back and offered another place to stay finally sent over a mechanic with a new blower and gas valve. We ended up staying in the unit overnight but there was still a problem with the furnace as it was cycling on/off every 5 minutes.

I would stay at one of Chip's places again in the future BUT ONLY WITH A NEW MANAGEMENT COMPANY. Everyone that I dealt with at Great Western Lodging was very rude and dismissive. I felt that they were just trying to constantly brush me off hoping that we would tough it out through our stay so they wouldn't have to fix the problem or refund any money. Also, I would be cautious of this particular unit because the furnace was still not working properly when we left it on Monday. It was 55deg inside the unit even though the furnace was regularly running and we had 6 space heaters running too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have stayed here several summers in a row and it is by far my favorite place to stay in Breckenridge. The condos are always clean, cozy, and have a great view. It's close enough to the main street to walk, which really is the best way to experience Breckenridge. It is always peaceful, never loud, and we have never had a single problem with anything. It includes a private hot tub - we never used it, but it was clean and worked when we turned it on one night (it started raining so we didn't get to use it). I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay here in December with family. We had an easy walk to the slopes and to the main strip. Condo was very nice and had plenty of room. Kitchen was great and the private hot tub was fantastic. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed here March 2012. Superthick covering of ice all over our driveway which you might accept as normal in Colo except all the other driveways in the complex were cleared off. When we asked them to clear it off since it was very dangerous the workers were smarty and jerks about it. They eventually cleared it but with a bizarrely un-customer friendly attitude. Accomodations were nice but not plush or what you would expect for the price. Downstairs rooms are small and the walls very thin. Good location. You can easily walk to either the Beaver Run base or Quicksilver lift. Not a bad stay, just not as good as what we've experienced at other resorts in Breck. But the good location did make up for a lot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed in unit 12 during a family ski vacation in February 2012. The accommodations are very nice. Kitchen was recently updated with granite counter-tops. We had our own hot tub that was also new a year earlier. Our stay was very comfortable and we enjoyed sitting by the fireplace and in the hot tub after a long day on the slopes. Extremely convenient location - It's a short block and a half walk to the ski lift, and a block off of main street. We will return to this unit!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

We visited in late January and had amazing weather. One Breckenridge is perfectly located walking distance to downtown and the newly built Village ski lifts. Truly a ski in ski out. We stayed in unit #17. It was absolutely charming, cozy and very nice. The master bedroom is roomy, the other 2 beds/baths are perfect, the open kitchen living room area was perfect with a big flat screen on the wall complete with Blu ray. The hot tub was brand new, clean and plenty big enough for 6! We even had a ski slope view!! I will definitely stay in unit #17 in One Breckenridge Place next time we are in Breckenridge.

• Stayed January 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We went to Breckenridge in April with the 6 members of our family and stayed at 1 Breckenridge Place through US Skitours in the UK and had a marvellous time.Even more so as we had fabulous half board catering which we didnt know existed and made sure our trip was all the more enjoyable.Jessica was just THE best chef I have come across.The location was fantastic and the accommodation was a good 4 star.No problems with altitude and we found an apres ski bar that served beers for a dollar!!The Outlets were great as was all the shopping on the way back.What a deal we got on the ski pass too.All in all i would recommend 1 Breckenridge Place and US Skitours wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Talk to someone with experience of the resort.