“Snowshoeing” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 61 things to do in Breckenridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Traversing historic mining roads, cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are mapped and clearly marked offering magnificent scenery of the Ten Mile Range and Breckenridge Ski Resort.
United States
8 attraction reviews
“Snowshoeing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Nordic center has groomed trails for snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Must purchase a ticket to use trails. Bus service drops you close or take gondola and a very short hike to get there.

Mount Desert, Maine
“Nice, but highly developed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The nordic center staff is friendly, and it is convenient to town. It is also, as others have mentioned, full of Mcmansions.
I would think that he town fathers and mothers would start to think about what they want their town to look like in the next few years. I am not a tree hugger, but the development is off-putting to most any person with a reasonable expectation of a natural experience.
Gold Run Nordic Center might be a better choice.

Madison, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed skiing at Breckenridge Nordic Center. We spent three of our 5 skiing days there. We saw beautiful vistas from the runs across Ski Hill Rd, hard work to get ghere, but worth it. We saw wildlife, including a fox in Cucumber Gulch, and some amazing homes along Troll Forest. Most of the runs were easy to moderate, but Shock Hill gave us a fun challenge. I also bought new skis and boots there, which I was able to demo first. They were a reasonable price, and Josh did a fabulous job determining what best suited my needs, and then waxed and mounted bindings on them for me so they would be ready for me the next AM. Everyone was very friendly there. They were extremely busy, but always smiling and happy to answer my questions. Hoping to come back next year when the new center is done being built.

Deer Park, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Family Cross Country Ski Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wonderful facility and very helpful staff. It is located close to downtown Breckenridge, but you feel like you are miles from town in a beautiful setting. We had a awesome teacher for cross country lessons as it was the first time my wife and I and our 3 teenagers had tried cross country skate skiing. I highly recommend it.

Colorado
11 attraction reviews
“Nordic Center disappoints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have stopped going to the Breckenridge Nordic Center as it is surrounded by suburban/ski area development..It offers very little peaceful and scenic vistas..I go to the Frisco Nordic and Goldrun centers instead

Visited February 2012