“~Fun and dangerous~” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Nightlife, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Four huge peaks, five terrain parks, three half-pipes, two high-speed six passenger SuperChairs, a top-notch Ski & Ride School, the highest chairlift in North America, unparalleled grooming, exciting events, and a historic mining town with endless shopping, dining and nightlife!
marlboro,nj
9 attraction reviews
“~Fun and dangerous~”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I have ridden a Segway 5 times before this (read all my reviews). I was excited to do this in the mountains and the weather was great. As usual - we all must watch the safety video before our practice. The video warns us over and over and over about the danger of rocks and holes and repeatedly tells us to avoid them or you will fall and get hurt.....badly hurt. You are on a poorly man made trail of VERY dangerous hairpin turns. You follow your leader and really are not going fast at all....you actually control your speed.....always being reminded and warned of the WORST of the ground bumps and rocks as you go....I am 57 yrs. old and careful....I fell off the segway half way through the ride...I shattered my ankle and had to be flown back to NJ for a plate and 6 screws!! . I have been in bed since Labor day. on the video they warn you of the dangers to avoid....Every Single one of them was at Breckenridge. Every danger was totally repairable or could be fixed properly. I was told that mine was not the first bad incident and I don't want YOU to be the next. Wanna try a Segway?? They are awesome! Try Chicago or Newport, RI. We even did it in Paris....they are for a well paved surfaces. not a mountain....IMHO.

Visited September 2013
Morgan B, Manager at Breckenridge Ski Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello 3grlsmom-

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in our response for this review -- we are glad you came to Breckenridge but are very sorry for your experience and resulting injury. We hope you've healed up and can come back to visit us soon.

As with any new project, there are kinks to work out and adjustments to make. This past summer was our first summer in offering Segway tours on the mountain and since then (and with your helpful review) we have made some changes and plan on making more changes to the Segway-specific trail you rode on. It is never our intention for anyone to get hurt on our trails, but it does sometimes happen but we apologize that you were one of the first.

There are a lot of other activities we offer on the mountain and if you do decide to come back and try any of them out, we'd be more than happy to try to elevate your experience. Simply email BreckSocial@vailresorts.com and we'll see what we can do to make it better.
Thanks!
Morgan Bast
Sr. Marketing Manager, Breckenridge Ski Resort

Littleton, CO
“Great town, great ski area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Whether you want to come here in the Winter to ski or in the Summer for other attractions, Breck is a great resort. We have been coming to the town and ski area for over 30 years and we love coming back every time. I have skiied every resort in Tahoe and Utah and several in CO. But Breck is my favorite for the large mountain experience and expert skiing on Peak 8 and 9.

The town has plenty of good various restaurants and hotels for couples and families. It has SO much more to offer than Vail and much cheaper than Aspen. Plus Breck has done a great job to preserve the Victorian era feel with it's stores and charming town feel. Not to mention that the view are incredible from any vantage point. If you're going to visit one resort in Colorado, this is the one to come to.

Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
“Big ski area suitable for skiers of all levels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Breckenridge is the 2nd largest ski area in Colorado (after Vail). It has 4 mountains + enough lifts to give any skier a lot of variety no matter what their skill level is

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't understand why people from outta state they want to go to places like "Aspen" or "Vail" maybe because they think they are going to come across a celebrity under all those ski clothes. But the only think that I regret of all those years that I lived in Denver is that in the Summer I never went up to the slopes to ride my mountain bike.

Visited August 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Breckenridge, jewel of the Rockies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Breckenridge has become in my view, the premier all-round, all-season resort in the Rockies, not for its modern hi-rise sprawling condo but rather for the old fashioned and charming street scene it portrays from every back alley to the pristine top of Peak Nine. In the words of the erstwhile Governor of California...."I'll be back".

Visited October 2012