“Don't use TravelGuard” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 66 Activities in Breckenridge
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Activities: Skiing, Nightlife, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: Four huge peaks, five terrain parks, three half-pipes, two high-speed six passenger SuperChairs, a top-notch Ski & Ride School, the highest chairlift in North America, unparalleled grooming, exciting events, and a historic mining town with endless shopping, dining and nightlife!
Princeton, New Jersey
“Don't use TravelGuard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently reserved lodging at Breckenridge, and TravelGuard travel insurance was included as part of the reservation. I thought this was good news when I had to cancel my trip for reasons out of my control, but I was wrong. It turns, the reason I had to cancel my trip was not covered by the insurance policy (this was buried somewhere in the fine print). That would be understandable, albeit annoying, if this had been made clear to me when I called to cancel my reservation, or again when I called to file the claim. In both instances, I clearly explained the reason for the cancelation, and in both instances I was encouraged to file the claim, including by the representative at the insurance office (administered by Vail Resorts). Filing the claim was time effortful and consuming. It required several calls for clarification of procedures, as well as extensive documentation (itinerary, proof of purchase, written evidence of the circumstances requiring the cancelation, etc.). All of this had to be done in the midst of an otherwise stressful circumstance (the cause of the cancellation in the first place). At no point did anyone in the insurance office suggest that the reason for the cancelation might not be covered. If they had, I almost certainly would not have bothered filing it, given the other matters demanding my attention. Once I got the claim submitted, I waited two months for a reply -- not the one month they promised -- and then only after I demanded it. And then it was only to learn that they would not honor the claim. I called to complain about my treatment, but was summarily dismissed. No way will I ever use their services again, and I would think twice about making reservations through Breckenridge or Vail Resorts. If you do, be sure to check carefully whether you are being charged for TravelGuard insurance service.

Visited April 2013

Texas
17 attraction reviews
“Great Mountain with group of friends!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We rented a large house for the 12 of us. It was located along the very convenient bus route. Stop for the bus was at the gondola and it was a quick easy ride up to the mountain. The main strip in town is very cute. We had some issues going to restaurants since we were a large group and they were all extremely busy. Much easier to cook at home. Overall the mountain was great! Don't be afraid to ski/snowboard the Black runs! They are amazing and not as hard as you would think.

Visited February 2013
Richmond, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Colorado at it's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Late Spring Beeak trip with the family and the snow was ideal. Dumped a solid foot twice during our stay. All slopes were open and the base only got mushy 1 day. Excellent apres ski at the bottom of the slopes, catching rays, sipping beers and watching kids build snowmen...

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“More fun than Vail or Keystone (for me)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a blast spending an entire day wearing out my quads on this mountain! I would love to go back.

Visited February 2013
Houston
27 attraction reviews
“Great for Familys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to Breckenridge mountain. Last year, we were at Keystone, and did enjoy that as well, but Breck has much better greens for beginners. My girls are only skiing for their second time, and they navigated the slopes a lot better here. The runs are wider and not as steep, but yet, challenging enough for my wife and I. Once everyone was comfortable, we split up and my wife and I found more challenging trails on the different peaks, which added to the fun

Visited March 2013