“Felt at home for the Holidays!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbett Placer Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breckenridge
Abbett Placer Inn
You added Abbett Placer Inn to your Saves list
205 S. French St, Breckenridge, CO 80424   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Breckenridge B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Felt at home for the Holidays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about this B&B. My wife and I stayed a week between Christman and New Year in 2013 and had an excellent trip.

Food: The breakfasts were amazing. You have a choice of 3 different breakfasts every morning, with the standard (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and toast) as an option in case you don't like the other options. Whether you are a coffee, tea, or juice person, all options are available.

Hot tea and different snacks were freshly made every afternoon when you come off the slopes. Glasses and water were made available anytime of the day in the living room. This is set out for guests the rest of the evening as well.

Room: We stayed in the Settlers Saloon. It is a comfortable room with an en-suite bathroom/shower. It isn't a huge room, but that isn't a big deal to me. There is enough room for a king size bed and a chaise lounge chair. If you want a bigger room, I would suggest the Peaks Panoramic.

Policies: They ask that you keep your outdoor boots/shoes in the front foyer. They have plenty of rubber mats to place your ski boots/snowboarding boots/outdoor walking boots. I don't think it was that difficult to adhere to a simple request like that. I wouldn't want people tracking in everything from outside in my house. This request is clearly stated on the website, so there should be no complaints when you get there. DO YOUR RESEARCH. They have specific hours for the hot tub, which are reasonable, and are engraved on a plaque next to the door leading outside. They give you a set of keys for your room, the front door, and storage shed for equipment. The doors automatically lock in the evening, so don't forget your keys when you leave to go out. Plenty simple policies. The complaints I read on this site seem to be from people who just didn't do research, don't like to be told what to do, and who didn't listen very well.

Inn Keepers: The Inn Keepers are great. They were always on top of things and taking care of the place. It was nice to see a dog there as we are dog lovers. From a business perspective, everything was straightforward and easy to deal with.

The thing that we loved most about the B&B was the quiet atmosphere. I don't enjoy the mass crowds and congestion of a hotel, so this is an excellent stress-free change of pace. I 100% recommend the Abbett Placer Inn for future travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our stay was everything we wanted and more. Great service. Very charming B&B, not too busy. Good location, close to main street. Breakfast and afternoon tea was absolutely delicious! Good value. We would be happy to come back any day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a five-day stay with Emma and Niels at Abbett Placer, and I have only good things to say about this B&B. To start, the location is super convenient, being only a couple of blocks away from the shops and restaurants downtown. Unless traveling to Frisco or to Peak 9 for skiing, we didn't have to hop on a bus to go anywhere. But when we did, there were bus stops right on the corner. The inn itself is very cozy and comfortable. Every afternoon Emma puts out hot beverages (teas and hot chocolate) and fresh-baked cookies and pies, which makes coming in from a day of skiing, sledding or just walking in the cold feel like you're coming home to your mom's house. The breakfast is fantastic, and the menu changes daily, but they always offer one sweet dish and a meat dish. They do offer eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns every day. Emma and Niels are very friendly and knowledgable about Breckenridge. Their dog, Jade, is nutty sweet and a lot of fun to play with in your downtime. They, of course, keep her in the back if their guests aren't too keen on dogs, but we loved playing with her. I highly recommend this place. The amazing view from the room (we stayed in Peaks Panorama), the jacuzzi, and the comfortable ambience all contributed to a fantastic vacation. I'm not sure when another trip to Breck is in the cards for us, but whenever that happens, we'll be staying at Abbett Placer again.

Room Tip: Peaks Panorama is their most expensive room, I believe, but the view was beautiful and well worth it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband & I stayed at The Abbett Placer for our first wedding anniversary and it was wonderful! They even upgraded our room for us for our anniversary( to the peaks panorama)The breakfast was great, they do a different sweet dish everyday and a different savory every other day- then they have a standard egg breakfast daily. The owners were so helpful without being overbearing. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept in. And the dog Jade was adorable. Over all we would certainly stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Always love staying as I did here at a B&B that is close to shops and restaurants - loved their French Toast - and enjoyed meeting other guests at the breakfast table in the morning - hosts were very enjoyable, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gwynn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here and were very pleased with the accommodations. Innkeepers were helpful and friendly. Room was very nice, clean and quiet. Loved the neighborhood - very convenient to all shops and restaurants, as well as hiking trails above town. We enjoyed an afternoon dip in the hot tub, followed by tea and cookies - yum! The next morning's breakfast was fabulous - eggs and smoked salmon is a fav, and these were prepared perfectly. Would definitely stay here again, as well as recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The inn is on a quiet street just a short walk to the center of town and many restaurants. The hosts are friendly and knowledgeable about the region. Breakfasts were excellent and included fresh fruit and choice of eggs or a different pancake/French toast/waffle choice each day. Free parking. Only minor drawback was small room and bathroom, but overall great value.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbett Placer Inn? Share your experiences!