We are a family of 4 with 2 teens (1 boy and 1 girl). We rented a 2 bedroom condo and asked for a 2nd bedroom with 2 twins (I was told by reservations that 60% of the 2 bedroom condos had 2 king beds while 40% had 1 king and 2 twins). While checking in I was told that there is only 1 condo in all of Mountain Thunder like that. If that's what you need you'll want to ask for room 5301. That has a king in one bedroom and 2 twins in the other. It is very spacious. The condo is near the elevator but you can't hear it, it's 2 doors away from the laundry room but it's quiet. The area was very quiet and we stayed over a weekend. 5301 was in building 5. The location of the room couldn't have been better.
Pros of Mountain Thunder Lodge::
- The shuttle- USE IT! You call a number and they pick you up in front of the building and take you wherever you want to go. Call again and they'll pick you up. They come right away. We never waited more than 3-5 minutes.
- The laundry facilities are FREE. No need for quarters unless you need to buy Tide or Clorox 2.
- You can walk to the Gondola if you want. It's not far but I'd take the shuttle especially if you have kids.
- The front desk people were awesome. Bobby did a great job and was very kind.
- The grocery store (City Market) is diagonal from the lodge. It takes just a couple of minutes to get there.
- Underground, heated parking!
- Coffee supplies including Starbucks in it's own filter, sugar/sugar substitute
- Hot tubs and outdoor heated pool
- Cleaning people put away the dishes and ran the dishwasher each day.
- No kitchen towels. I called the front desk to ask for towels but for some reason they said there weren't any. I didn't understand this and no one really explained to me if it was our condo or if it was the entire building.
- The toilet ran but the maintenance guy came right away and tried to fix it but he said he needed to change out the toilet and we never saw him again. We had to turn off the water to the toilet at night because it kept us up.
Overall this place was great. Beds were comfy, customer service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.
If you are looking for a 2 bedroom condo with one king and 2 twins, ask for room 5301.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.