“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Thunder Lodge

Save Saved
You added Mountain Thunder Lodge to your Saves list
Mountain Thunder Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Mountain Thunder Drive, PO Box 8269, Breckenridge, CO 80124   |
Special Offer
Free day of skiing!
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Breckenridge
Iowa
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place is amazing. We went with our 13 and 11 year old kids, and they each brought a friend. We had a 2 bedroom condo that was well equipped, ski in and the Gondola was just across the road a bit. The outdoor pool, which I was leery about, was a huge hit with the kids. It was fun to sit in the hot tub while the powder snow frosted our hair. We were also able to use the indoor pool at One Ski Hill place. The staff was amazing and the girl at the front desk was born for her position. I wish I remembered her name! It would be nice if there was a lounge or food on site. (I was our cook.) I dreaded going somewhere cold for break- I'm an ocean girl, and i will not hesitate to plan another trip here in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place was awesome. We got the one bedroom condo and it was perfect. We have a 3 and 6 year old who got the hide a bed and my husband and I had the bedroom. Full kitchen was great and on premise free laundry was awesome. So close to skiing. We entertained friends the place was so big. We had 10 at one point for pizza and still wasn't cramped. We used the bowling alley at the sister property and had a blast. Pool and hot tub was awesome. We were in building 5 and used underground parking. The only thing someone wrote that I would agree is the temp in the room. I just cracked the window and patio door so it wasn't bad, but it did get warm. We had enough snow for ski in so that was great.

Room Tip: I liked building 5
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The lodge, accommodations, location and scenery were fantastic for my son and I on our first trip to Breckenridge. What truly was exceptional was the staff at Mountain Thunder. My son and I had gone to say goodbye to my husband who had died earlier in the fall. John, my husband, had been cremated and had wanted to rest in the mountains with all of nature surrounding him. The General Manager of the Lodge, Jonathan, found out about what we were there for and offered his help. He took time away from his day to drive me to the most incredible location to lay my husband to rest. It was the most incredible act of kindness I've ever experienced. Nothing in my 52 years has touched me more from the kindness Jonathan showed. We showed up at Mountain Thunder not knowing a soul but left with what I consider a friend for life....Thank you Jonathan!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and 2 kids stayed here Dec 21-25 and loved it! Great location (although because there wasn't enough snow yet, we could not ski-in, which is one of the reasons we chose it), speedy check-in, ample parking, very friendly and helpful front desk and housekeeping staff, clean, quiet, spacious rooms with decently packed kitchen (we cooked every night), fantastic shuttle service that we took daily to and from gondola, and to town (just give tip, no parking hassle), dependable wifi, very close to City Market grocery store, and hottubs that my kids enjoyed! We will definitely come back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nice location, nice staff. Sheets and pillows were below par. Local shuttle service was great and underground parking in snow country is always a plus. No food offerings at Lodge is a minor bummer, downtown is within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful trip to MTL with our two sons and their families. Our 3 bdrm town home was perfect, allowing each family their own bedroom/bath/TV, plenty of room for the grand babies to play, and large social spaces. The heated garage was great for skis and lead to a laundry room with cubbies and hooks for outerwear. Front entrance had hooks and bench, too. Perfect after skiing and playing in the 12" of snow that fell during our stay. Picked up some cheap sleds for fun on driveway at City Market, only a few blocks away. Great full service grocery store that used Kroger rewards. Inside the town home we enjoyed beautiful furnishings, great kitchen, a cozy gas fire, and comfy king beds. Housekeeping and front desk were awesome! We used the shuttle more than expected, as it was quick, warm, and easy transportation. Tipped a couple of dollars each trip. Used the indoor pools at One Ski Hill Place several times, which were very luxurious with large views of the slopes. Great kiddie pool with toys, too. Super fun at the end of each day. Very sad to leave our beautiful "home" after 5 days, but we'll be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

What we really love. The proximity to town and skiing. This time, we had the biggest unit, a 3 bedroom townhome with two car garage. Nice. Liked it so much, we extended our stay into a smaller 1 bedroom condo. The front desk was extreamly accomodating and the manger is there is awesome. The guys making up our room each day was so nice. Always wanting to bring us stuff and make sure we were set each day. Love the free shuttle anywhere. Also love that you can use the amenities of One Ski Hill Place like the spa and bowling alley. Hot tubs and heated pools each day. I really think this is the best place in town and most well rounded.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to a hot tub. In the winter, you'll need it. Also love the rooms in other bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Thunder Lodge? Share your experiences!