“Great Location, nice furnishings, small living room, hot tubs across the street.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Powderhorn Condominiums

You added Powderhorn Condominiums to your Saves list
Powderhorn Condominiums
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   755 Columbine Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424   |
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed in A405. It was nicely furnished, beds were comfortable but not as firm as we prefer. We booked with Great Western Lodging and they were awesome! The condo has nice views of the slopes and you can see the QuickSilver Chair lift from the living room window, about 100 yards away. Town is not much farther. We had one small maintenance request and it was handled quickly. We got one space in the garage which was awesome, and 1 space outside.

2 downsides that I think are worth noting - the hot tubs and pool are about 1/2 block away, across the street. It is a nice facility, but I was surprised a condo of this size did not have facilities on site. Secondly, the living room in this unit was long, with the TV on one end. They had plenty of sofas and chairs, but it seemed crowded when we all wanted to lounge and watch tv.

Overall we had a great trip, and would definitely use Great Western Lodging again. We would stay here again, but only if we could not find something that we liked better. We booked this just a few weeks before our trip so our options were limited this time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked this place because of its location (walking distance to Quicksilver ski lift) and it was great. Room was huge for two people. So comfortable! You can easily get 4 if using the sofa bed. I loved it but to be great they could improve a few things: provide coffee - that is now standard on any condos / hotels. Also having to go to Main St to check in is a pain. I wasted some valuable skiing time with the driving around town to get this sorted. Plus the room was not ready when I got there, we had to wait. Hot tub isn't local, apparently it's down the road.

Room Tip: Checking is at the Main St and not at the condo.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We love the location, because the Blue River is out the back door, where the kids (and the parents) love to wade in the cold water. And it's only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants at the north end of town - and it's a beautiful walk along the Blue River and over the bridge at Maggie's Pond. Our condo was huge, with two living room spaces, a good kitchen, and plenty of room for the 8 of us, with two beds to spare.

It's not a new or newly renovated condo, but it is well maintained and clean. Just be sure to compare, as every condo is a little different. Some are more updated than others, so just spend time hunting for the right one.

If your plan is for a winter stay, there is a great entry hall with a bench and plenty of room to hang coats and stash boots and gloves, etc. And is only a 5 minute walk to lift at the base of Peak 8 (I think).

Room Tip: Be sure to compare, as every condo is a little different. Some are more updated than others, so jus...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Although the initial smell of the condo is a bit gamey, most condos in ski towns are due to the amount of wet snow brought in to the carpets over the season. Powderhorn is a great looking place from the inside and a bit dated from the outside. The late check in (4PM) is also a bit off putting for those only staying one night. If we stay here again it will be for a longer time frame.

Kitchen: fully furnished with updated appliances and every utensil needed to accomplish any meal.

Bathrooms: nicely upgraded finishes, but bring your own soap and shampoo. The little bar they have is all...no shampoo at all.

Beds: Beds are OK, but Pillows SUCK! Absolutely no cushion. If I returned, I would have to bring my own pillow. Worst pillows I have ever seen in a rental.

Noise: Walls are not paper thin, but the house party above us would wake the dead regardless of sound proofing anyway. Trouble is, no front desk means that if we wanted to ask the people upstairs to keep it down at 11PM at night because they are making my 7 and 4 year olds wake up, then I would have to bang on the ceiling or go up and confront them. Not going to confront a house full of partying drunkards so we had to just tough it out. The sound slowed down around 12:30. Front desk service would have really helped potentially diffuse the situation.

Overall, we really like the facility and aside from the neighbors, would return for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had booked at Powderhorn on my usual basis - that reviews are generally good with no systematic poor or terrible reviews. Afterwards there was the review about a condo having been smoked in and that would have been a gripe for me too and although a little concerned thought that would not be a general problem and our condo was just terrific. Very comfortable and handy with great wifi for apre-ski keeping up with folks back home. We were in the A202 condo (as I recall) and that meant it was right on the corner next to the elevator and just above the outside parking area. Handy but the drawback was that on most of the Thursday and Friday evenings as folks arrived around 11pm or later in an excited state the old motel style of entrance (outside passage ways right outside our bedroom windows) meant that we would be woken by the new arrivals yelling and shouting back and forth between the car lot and people outside our windows, as they brought stuff up into the condos next to us, on one night for a couple of hours and on another for about 45mins. However there was very little inter-unit noise so overall we were pretty happy. But for that I'd make this a 5.

The only other thing to be aware of is that the hot-tub/pool/fitness area is across the road, a facility shared with a number of condo complexes. I didn't see this as a negative because they can be a source of noise so having it at a distance was a plus and it was just a couple of minutes, close enough to walk still damp from the hot-tub in shorts and a T in January and not cool down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

VERY BEAUTIFUL UNIT AND VERY CLEAN, JUST LIKE HOME!!!
The large picture window needs help, can't see very well out of it and thats the whole point of having great views on a getaway!! The master bed is very firm foam,almost a bit too firm. A few large cracks in the ceilings otherwise decorated very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lees Summit Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

OK well I read the other reviews on Powderhorn and our experience was NOT the same. It was a very nice very clean condo; granite countertops, 2 full bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, very well stocked kitchenware. We stayed in C202 and we saw nothing but cleanliness and comfort. I am a picky NON smoker and I had NO issues with our rental. I assure you if I did, I would have complained and would give a justified review. The condo had a pleasant view of trees and a small balcony to enjoy coffee, and there is a small stream on the property you can hardly see from our rental, but there is a walking path that goes between the buildings. The general area is VERY built-up with several different condo buildings. Three large flat screen tvs with several cable channels were there. Our stay was clean, comfortable, and convenient for our summer trip to Breckenridge. The only small complaints I had were two things: one, the king sized bed in the master was so soft that it was not comfortable for me but I like a really hard mattress; second, there was no hair dryer in the condo so we had to go purchase one, and that was not convenient. Otherwise I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Not all condos are created equal, so this specific one is the only one to which I can review. It wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Powderhorn Condominiums? Share your experiences!