Here we are again, our fourth year visiting beautiful Breckenridge and staying at our favorite place on the planet; the Grand Timber Lodge.
As I am writing this review, my wife and I are sitting at the Lodgepole Restaurant located right at GTL.
We've spent the morning skiing in fresh white powder snow and are now relaxing and unwinding at the Lodgepole. As I look around the room, out of the large picture windows, I see snow covered trees and even more of the white stuff coming down. The fireplace is going with a few folks sitting in large comfortable couches sipping coffee drinks.
We just finished lunch, which was excellent as always and we are going to spend the rest of the day doing pretty much nothing. My wife is reading a book and I am writing this review (yes, they have wireless)
I am so happy with the decision my wife and I made to stay here in the first place, and then eventually become owners here. If you want to get away from it all, relax and have some down-time, this is THE place.
You will enjoy heated pools and hot tubs, clean and up-to-date rooms, friendly and helpful staff and a great time - even if you don't ski! GTL is a short Free shuttle bus ride from downtown Breck and within walking distance of several ski lifts.
I think one of the best things about GTL is the Lodgepole and the staff. The owner has created a comfortable lodge-type environment for guests to relax in. This is not a high-end dining experience - it's a relaxed casual place to unwind, with great food (thanks Mark!) and great drinks at a reasonable price.
My advice: Come to the Grand Timber Lodge - it will be an exceptional vacation, and who knows, you may fall in love with this place just like we did and become owners yourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado