We stayed in a one bedroom condo for three nights starting on a saturday in mid-May. We got there around 1pm and they said we couldn't get in to the room at that time but could check in and they'd call us when the room was ready. So we shopped in Breckenridge a little bit and they called a little after 3pm so we went back and went up to the room.
There was a big dining room table that could seat about 8 probably, roomy kitchen with large granite countertops that spread into the bar with barstools (loads of countertop space), not the most comfortable sofa (sleeper) for lounging around, nice easy chair with ottoman, king-size bed in the master bdrm, big jacuzzi bathtub in one part of the bathroom and large shower with his and her shower heads in another part of the bathroom. Lots of vanity counter space in both parts of the bathrooms and 3 bathroom sinks. The king sized bed was nice and firm, and the entire condo was more than enough space for 2 people to use, you could comfortably fit about 4 to 6 people probably. It had a great balcony with doors off the living room and the master bdrm and we both would have loved to sit on it and soak up the atmosphere but the chairs were the cheap walmart stackable kind that you can't really lounge around in for very long.
We used the hottub quite a bit and the pool off the main building was a little small and shallow (3' to 4' deep). The hottub steps, seating surfaces and bottom are all pretty rough and it was kind of easy to get some scrapes on your legs, somehow my girlfriend ended up getting a splinter in the hottub.
We both needed to telecommute for a half day on monday, and the wifi was plenty stable and fast enough to support our VPN connections. It was great having so much space in the condo to spread out while telecommuting.
We picked the rate that did not include the 90 minute timeshare presentation so it was a little higher, but we both agreed it was still a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado