You added Valdoro Mountain Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations Suites to your Saves list
Valdoro Mountain Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations Suites
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Breckenridge
Upton, MA
“Luxury, luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Luxury hotel with fabulous service. The staff in the ski shop is friendly and knowlegable. The spa services were simply fantastic. The shuttle service was prompt and friendly and the drivers provided valuable information.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Valdoro was one of the nicest HGVC properties we have stayed in. It was in a great location, and the free van service made a car unnecessary! (would love to see this in Orlando!) The property was full when we were there, but we never felt like it was crowded. We went in mid January and the way they handled the ski equipment was very quick/easy and convenient. We stayed in the studio, which was roomy and well arranged, but lacked a dresser for your clothes. We hope to make it back in the future, with the rest of the family...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just got back from a four day ski trip with my college age son and two of his buddies. The condo is in a great location, with easy access to Breckenridge slopes. You can take the free shuttle service from the Condo to the Beaver Run lift or to the Gondola for Slope 8. It is within easy walking distance to Main Street with shopping and dining. The shuttle will take you wherever you want to go in town.

I used the ski rentals at the lodge and was pleased with the equipment and pricing. They also have free ski storage for you that is open 24x7.

Our one bedroom unit was plenty comfortable for four. The boys used the hot tubs, and spent time in the lounge shooting pool, so we were not in the room a lot.

The staff was very friendly and had good tips on places to dine. We only ate out twice, and with the college boys it was more about quantity than quality.

Room Tip: We were in Room 201 which was at the far end of the condo. It was quiet, but not a long walk to get...
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am a daughter of an owner of the HGVC. I have stayed at many of the resports around the world, and have been very impressed with the service and welcomeness of all the staff. However my check-in was much different at the valdorado. I arrived around 7:30 am, I had been in a car for about 10 hours. I went to check in and told the front desk women we were here and asked if our room was ready. I was tolder the day before that we would be able to check in once we arrived. She looked at me as if I was in the wrong place, she then asked with an attitude if I even had a reservation. I told her who I was and that we had a reservation for the 2 pluse suite. She then found my reservation and seem to change her attitude very quickly. From then on we received good service. Other than the initial welcome from the front desk we had a great trip the room was very nice and the it is a great locations to the hill and to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Valdoro Mountain Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I’m sorry for the service failure you experience at check in…a warm welcome is something we usually try to pride ourselves on and we failed in this circumstance. I’m happy you enjoyed the rest of the stay and we look forward to a better arrival experience next time. Thank you for the feedback.

J. Rafe Sykes
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We rented a three bedroom unit on the top floor which was perfect for getting the family together from other parts of country.
We found the condo to be very clean and well stocked with all we needed to cook breakfast every morning.
The three bedroom had two full baths with the master bedroom being on the other side of the condo from the other two bedrooms. This arrangment worked well for us.
The living room had a gas fireplace and each bedroom has it's own TV. There is a washer & dryer in the unit.
The only concern we had was that the table only seated six while the condo sleeped eight. As a result, two of us had to sit at the breakfast bar for each meal.
In a common area they had very nice gas grills. We were impress to see them being cleaned each day.
The pool is across the driveway from the condo and you really can not see the pool until you walk into the area where it's housed. No watching kid's from the condo here.
We had a great time and love that you can walk to town from the condo.
Will return next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Next time I would request a unit that look's out the front of the building so you could see the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed for five nights...family of 5 in a Two-bedroom plus Jacuzzi suite. Beautiful, modern resort - great location... Beautiful spacious condo. Staff was outstanding. We rented our ski equipment at the Alpine Ski Rental location at the resort. Equipment was perfect, great staff and prices. Resort keeps Skis and Boots in their staffed storage room, which keeps the resort cleaner, drier, and your room is not cluttered with skis leaning against the walls. Shuttle staff brings you everywhere you want to go. Used our outdoor gas grill for dinners. Furniture is new, beautiful dishes, cabinets, beds, bathrooms. Very quiet resort...Never heard any noise from anyone else. Best part was our private outdoor hot tub. Cannot rave enough about this resort! Did I mention the world class skiing and the breathtaking scenery? We made a great choice in staying at the Valdoro and hope to come back someday soon.

Room Tip: Spend more and get your own private outdoor hot tub. We loved staying on the second floor close to...
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There was a fight above our room, a man was pushed out the 4th floor window, landing or bouncing off our balcony, there was busted glass , windows, socks, his glasses, on our deck. We had to call to get the mess cleaned up. This happened at 6:30 am but the fight had been going on for a while it woke us up. It was quit bothersome for our child and my wife, it ruined our entire vacation. We had no hot water when we tried to get cleaned up on Friday 1/4/13. Also the business office is horrendous, the equipment was so old and out dated not very useful. We had a problem with the printer, the office tried to help, but was not useful, I finally got the issued resolved myself. We paid a lot of money for the HGVC property I would not expect a Hilton property to be in such shape There was a fight above our room, a man was pushed out the 4th floor window, landing or bouncing off our balcony, there was busted glass , windows, socks, his glasses, on our deck. We had to call to get the mess cleaned up. This happened at 6:30 am but the fight had been going on for a while it woke us up. It was quit bothersome for our child and my wife, it ruined our entire vacation. We had no hot water when we tried to get cleaned up on Friday 1/4/13. Also the business office is horrendous, the equipment was so old and out dated not very useful. We had a problem with the printer, the office tried to help, but was not useful, I finally got the issued resolved myself. We paid a lot of money for the HGVC property I would not expect a Hilton property to be in such shape

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Valdoro Mountain Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. On behalf of our team, I want to personally convey our apology for your disappointing stay. The unusual events recounted in your message were troubling for many guests and staff members alike. Please know that the safety of all guests remains an essential priority. Following the incident you describe, and after authorities had secured the scene and allowed us to access the area, we immediately sent our housekeeping team to clean all impacted areas.

Your review also included items which were very much within our control and I appreciate your feedback so that we may address these shortcomings. I apologize that the level of service you received was not indicative of what I expect from my team or what you are entitled to and deserve as a guest of Valdoro Mountain Lodge. While I cannot erase the disappointment you and your family experienced while guests of our resort, your feedback has enabled me to make positive improvements. If you would like to review your experience in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Rafe Sykes