“Great location, not the best amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 30%
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Breckenridge
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great location, not the best amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I ended up with a great deal to stay here with my wife through living social for around $80 a night. I'd be on the property before and it had changed slightly. The only hot tubs are in the mail lodging area which was across the driveway from where we stayed. This made it slightly annoying to walk back and forth in the cold (especially after being in the tub). However, access to the lifts is almost unbeatable and the easy walk on Main Street for dinner and drinks is convenient.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodging area if able
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on our trip advisor page! We truly appreciate it. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I did want to mention, and I apologize if we did not mention it at check in but, we do have 3 indoor hot tubs located on the first floor in the Village Hotel building. The outdoor hot tubs are located in the main building up one floor from our front desk. However, there is a way to walk through the parking garages to get to the outdoor hot tubs instead of going outside. I apologize that we did not inform you of those options and will certainly address it with our front office staff for our future guests'.

We hope you choose to stay at the Village at Breckenridge in the future!

Ginny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a two night stay through livingsocial and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms were spacious and clean. Bathroom was a bit small but it was ok. This hotel is close to Peak 9 and main street so everything we wanted to do was super close and within five minutes walking distance. Definitely plan on visiting again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We really appreciate the feedback and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Think Snow!

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm somewhat disappointed by the quality of the hotel for the money we spent. I understand spending extra money when you stay for a holiday but come on, the room a bit dumpy with not even a queen bed, it was a double. The bathroom was very basic as well. But I have to say, the staff who work at the hotel made up for the room. The staff are genuinely nice, helpful, cheerful people who work very hard to help you with whatever you need. I was highly impressed with the quality of the staff.
If you are interested in being close to the slopes and not spending a lot of time in your room, this is a decent choice; it's very close to downtown Breck and a 5 minute walk to the Quicksilver Lift.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We are glad you decided to stay at the Village Hotel for your trip to Breckenridge! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We truly aim to go above and beyond in providing exceptional service for all of our guests. We also appreciate your feedback in regards to our guest rooms'. We certainly consider all of these comments and hope we can improve our accommodations to your standards here in the future!

Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

When I'm on a ski vacation, time is money. The less time I spend doing stuff I don't want to do (riding buses, parking, walking to lifts, walking to bus stops, dealing with hotel issues, etc.,) the better I feel about my trip. The Village Hotel helps maximize your "fun time" in Breck.

The rooms aren't super-posh, but they are clean and comfortable. We had a king bed, and I was impressed with how comfortable it was. We begged for a good view, and we got one. The toilet and shower are attached to the room, with the sink outside of the "toilet room" and in the main room. That's not uncommon in a hotel, but the size of the toilet/shower room was tiny. It was so small the door had to be shut before you sat on the toilet. No biggie, but good to know. Also, I think housekeeping only does about 75% of what they do at other hotels. Our room was not vacuumed, and, strangely, they tipped themselves by taking a can of our unopened mixed nuts. I thought that was weird.

The front staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Obviously, they hire and train well (which is getting hard to find these days).

There is a $20 daily resort fee tacked on. This includes wifi, parking (covered), fitness center and hot tubs. The rooms have refrigerators, but no microwave. An outlet splitter would be a good thing to bring. This place was built before people travelled with 93 things that need to be plugged-in.

Everything worth doing is within walking distance. The location cannot be beat.

Reading the reviews, and looking at the pics, I was a bit hesitant about staying here. I consider myself well travelled, and I had no regrets.

If you like powder, ask about the First Tracks pass. Also, buying lift tickets and renting skis when confirming with Breck properties can save a lot of money.

Cheers, and pray for snow!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our trip advisor page! We appreciate all the details you added about our location and property and staff! Everything you mentioned is true and we really appreciate your candid account of your stay with us. We hope to see you again at the Village Hotel in the future!

Ginny Petrovek
btm1323
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was clean and in perfect location to downtown Breckenridge. We had an unexpected problem with our room keys and unfortunately got locked out of our room! Jonathan at the front desk was wonderful as was Leann the next morning. They resolved the issue in a professional/understanding manner. I would highlight recommend this hotel. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page.I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your key cards during your stay with us. We certainly take that issue seriously and are taking care of that issue for our future guests. I am happy to know that our night audit, Jonathan, and front desk manager, Leanne, provided you with exceptional service to resolve the problem. We hope you stay with us again during your next visit to Breckenridge!

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have visited Breckenridge many times, but always stayed at the well-appointed Breckenridge Mountain Lodge. This time I thought I would treat myself to a ski-in/ski-out accommodation. After carefully considering Mountain Thunder Lodge, and One Ski Hill Place, I knew that the Village Hotel was clearly the best choice. The location cannot be beat. New resorts are great, but being able to walk to everything carries a certain charm.

Upon arrival, I walked into the main lobby and was speechless. It truly is breathtaking. The décor is just outstanding. My room wasn’t ready when I arrived, so sat in the comfy chairs facing the front desk and waited for it to get done. It was there I met one of the nicest employees I have ever encountered at a Front Desk. Her name was Leanne Belair. She took great care of me throughout my entire stay. I explained that I was hoping to see some wildlife while in the area, and she hinted that I might be able to see some from my room. I didn’t know what that meant, until I opened the door to my unit. And then I saw a beautiful photo of some wildlife right over the couch. It was so real that you thought it might start walking around.

One thing to note. Finding your room is difficult. The property should really try to have some wayfinding signs installed to assist people getting around. I’m kind of surprised that they didn’t have any up before ski season.

Later that day, I went down to talk to the concierge to get dinner recommendations. And I actually recognized him from years ago while visiting Jackson Lake Lodge, a resort in the Grand Teton National Park. His name is Charlie. I’m not very good with names, but after meeting this man you will never forget him. When it is time for Charlie to leave this good earth, The Village Hotel should stuff him and place him in the lobby for all to see. His enthusiasm for life is unmatched. He is literally the nicest person I have ever met.

Charlie recommended the Park Avenue Pub as a great place to watch some football. The ambiance there is perfect. Whoever designed it really knew what they were doing. It’s a casual bar/restaurant with rustic accents. While having breakfast there one morning, I met the General Manager, Lindsay Watson. I mentioned how great my experience and she took an genuine interest. I could have visited with her all day, but she had to step away for a meeting.

After skiing for 3 days, it was unfortunately time to return home. At check-out, I mentioned how amazing everything was, and asked the young lady at the Front Desk for the photographer’s contact information (the one who did the artwork inside the rooms). It broke my heart when she said she didn’t have it.

Shortly after returning home, I received a large package in the mail. And sure enough, it was the beautiful photo from my room. Ginny Petrovek, the Director of Rooms, was thoughtful enough to find out where I lived and have it mailed to my home.

It’s that kind of experience that makes me know Breckenridge will always hold a special place in my heart. I can honestly say that I can’t wait to return, and will NEVER forget my time at the Village.

Room Tip: Don't forget to meet Charlie the concierge!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review on our page. It is great to hear that the members of our staff you interacted with took care of you! Each one of them truly lit up when they read this review. I did want to address your one comment on the signage, or lack there of, here for the hotel property. Just this Wednesday, the first round of signage installs started for the hotel. We recognized this need and are addressing it! By your next visit, all the signs should be up and will certainly help with your experience at the property.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review on our page. We hope to see you again at the Village in the future! Never forget us!

Warm regards,
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Both Colorado residents, my boyfriend and I stayed here while I was attending a business conference at another hotel over a recent autumn weekend. The location is stellar and so is the customer service of EVERYONE on their team. It is a lovely cozy hotel with beautiful decor and a dynamite pool with four outdoor hot tubs. The only problem is that the pool-hot tubs only open at 10 a.m. every morning so when I woke up early on Sunday to go check them out, they were still locked and closed. Also the $20 daily resort fee is nice for the free covered parking, free wi-fi and free access to the fitness center (and pool-hot tubs when they are open) but it's high, given the hotel room was already priced at $139 a night. Also, there is a problem with the sheets, as mentioned in another review; they need to get fitted sheets to cover the mattresses. We ended up sleeping on the mattress by morning each night. Too bad because the sheets were clean and very soft and the bed was very comfortable. I asked for complimentary late checkout on my last day and noon was the only option given to me. The bathroom sinks have been updated, but the shower-bath was a little disappointing and cramped.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for taking the time to write this detailed comment on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate all of your feedback and the details of your experience with us. I see you mentioned the hot tub hours. Our health club facility is run by our homeowner's association and we are diligently working with them to see if hours may possibly be changed in the future to open at an earlier hour for our guests' convenience. I apologize that we do not provide fitted bottom sheets. The laundry company we work with does not provide this particular sheet. It is a reoccuring comment from our guests' however, and we will see if it might be something we can change in the future.

I am so glad you enjoyed the services of the property and our proximity to town! We hope you consider staying with us again in the future! Winter season is just around the corner!

Ginny

Been to The Village Hotel? Share your experiences!