“Excellent staff and resort - despite problems” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 30%
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
btm1323
“Excellent staff and resort - despite problems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was clean and in perfect location to downtown Breckenridge. We had an unexpected problem with our room keys and unfortunately got locked out of our room! Jonathan at the front desk was wonderful as was Leann the next morning. They resolved the issue in a professional/understanding manner. I would highlight recommend this hotel. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page.I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your key cards during your stay with us. We certainly take that issue seriously and are taking care of that issue for our future guests. I am happy to know that our night audit, Jonathan, and front desk manager, Leanne, provided you with exceptional service to resolve the problem. We hope you stay with us again during your next visit to Breckenridge!

Ginny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have visited Breckenridge many times, but always stayed at the well-appointed Breckenridge Mountain Lodge. This time I thought I would treat myself to a ski-in/ski-out accommodation. After carefully considering Mountain Thunder Lodge, and One Ski Hill Place, I knew that the Village Hotel was clearly the best choice. The location cannot be beat. New resorts are great, but being able to walk to everything carries a certain charm.

Upon arrival, I walked into the main lobby and was speechless. It truly is breathtaking. The décor is just outstanding. My room wasn’t ready when I arrived, so sat in the comfy chairs facing the front desk and waited for it to get done. It was there I met one of the nicest employees I have ever encountered at a Front Desk. Her name was Leanne Belair. She took great care of me throughout my entire stay. I explained that I was hoping to see some wildlife while in the area, and she hinted that I might be able to see some from my room. I didn’t know what that meant, until I opened the door to my unit. And then I saw a beautiful photo of some wildlife right over the couch. It was so real that you thought it might start walking around.

One thing to note. Finding your room is difficult. The property should really try to have some wayfinding signs installed to assist people getting around. I’m kind of surprised that they didn’t have any up before ski season.

Later that day, I went down to talk to the concierge to get dinner recommendations. And I actually recognized him from years ago while visiting Jackson Lake Lodge, a resort in the Grand Teton National Park. His name is Charlie. I’m not very good with names, but after meeting this man you will never forget him. When it is time for Charlie to leave this good earth, The Village Hotel should stuff him and place him in the lobby for all to see. His enthusiasm for life is unmatched. He is literally the nicest person I have ever met.

Charlie recommended the Park Avenue Pub as a great place to watch some football. The ambiance there is perfect. Whoever designed it really knew what they were doing. It’s a casual bar/restaurant with rustic accents. While having breakfast there one morning, I met the General Manager, Lindsay Watson. I mentioned how great my experience and she took an genuine interest. I could have visited with her all day, but she had to step away for a meeting.

After skiing for 3 days, it was unfortunately time to return home. At check-out, I mentioned how amazing everything was, and asked the young lady at the Front Desk for the photographer’s contact information (the one who did the artwork inside the rooms). It broke my heart when she said she didn’t have it.

Shortly after returning home, I received a large package in the mail. And sure enough, it was the beautiful photo from my room. Ginny Petrovek, the Director of Rooms, was thoughtful enough to find out where I lived and have it mailed to my home.

It’s that kind of experience that makes me know Breckenridge will always hold a special place in my heart. I can honestly say that I can’t wait to return, and will NEVER forget my time at the Village.

Room Tip: Don't forget to meet Charlie the concierge!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review on our page. It is great to hear that the members of our staff you interacted with took care of you! Each one of them truly lit up when they read this review. I did want to address your one comment on the signage, or lack there of, here for the hotel property. Just this Wednesday, the first round of signage installs started for the hotel. We recognized this need and are addressing it! By your next visit, all the signs should be up and will certainly help with your experience at the property.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review on our page. We hope to see you again at the Village in the future! Never forget us!

Warm regards,
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Both Colorado residents, my boyfriend and I stayed here while I was attending a business conference at another hotel over a recent autumn weekend. The location is stellar and so is the customer service of EVERYONE on their team. It is a lovely cozy hotel with beautiful decor and a dynamite pool with four outdoor hot tubs. The only problem is that the pool-hot tubs only open at 10 a.m. every morning so when I woke up early on Sunday to go check them out, they were still locked and closed. Also the $20 daily resort fee is nice for the free covered parking, free wi-fi and free access to the fitness center (and pool-hot tubs when they are open) but it's high, given the hotel room was already priced at $139 a night. Also, there is a problem with the sheets, as mentioned in another review; they need to get fitted sheets to cover the mattresses. We ended up sleeping on the mattress by morning each night. Too bad because the sheets were clean and very soft and the bed was very comfortable. I asked for complimentary late checkout on my last day and noon was the only option given to me. The bathroom sinks have been updated, but the shower-bath was a little disappointing and cramped.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for taking the time to write this detailed comment on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate all of your feedback and the details of your experience with us. I see you mentioned the hot tub hours. Our health club facility is run by our homeowner's association and we are diligently working with them to see if hours may possibly be changed in the future to open at an earlier hour for our guests' convenience. I apologize that we do not provide fitted bottom sheets. The laundry company we work with does not provide this particular sheet. It is a reoccuring comment from our guests' however, and we will see if it might be something we can change in the future.

I am so glad you enjoyed the services of the property and our proximity to town! We hope you consider staying with us again in the future! Winter season is just around the corner!

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our stay here was so wonderful, from the Hotel, to the staff to the location. We were expecting it to be nice but it exceeded our expectations. We loved being able to walk to so many restaurants and the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We are so glad you enjoyed our property and staff. It really is the perfect location to enjoy all the Breck has to offer! Consider swinging by this upcoming winter season! Breck mountain opens November 9th!

Warm regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, out of skiing season. It is very clean, has all the facilities anyone could wish for and ideally situated for skiing or the town centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. We are so glad you enjoyed our facility, the convenience of our location and our staff! We hope you enjoyed the great town of Breckenridge and please think of us if you wish to return during ski season! It's just around the corner.

Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Village at Breckenridge was so much more than ever expected! Each time I have stayed, every condo is different, absolutely beautiful. All the comforts of home, yet a beautiful resort. Clean, comfortable beds, beautiful kitchens, baths and all amenities. The views from every room are breathtaking. The staff absolutely go out of their way to make certain your stay is the best stay possible. They are kind, attentive, and intuitive. I even had a hand written note from one of the staff welcoming me back the second stay. We go to relax and let the hustle and bustle of the week disappear. The Village truly accomplishes that. The Village is quiet, yet just moments away from all that Breckenridge has to offer including the ski lift in winter right at the hotel. The rating is undeniably 5 stars. I will return for each stay in Breckenridge. This wonderful town is truly a home away from home and the Village at Breckenridge number one!

Room Tip: The two bedroom condo is absolutely a bargain. They are spacious, fully equipped for a couple or fa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our trip advisor page! I am so glad that you have become a returning guest of our property. Thank you for the kind words you wrote in regards to our rooms and most importantly our staff. We truly aim to provide an exceptional experience for each and every guest during every interaction. I'm glad the Village has become your weekend retreat and home away from home! Whether in the summer, fall, winter or spring the Village is a perfect place to stay while you enjoy the wonderful town of Breckenridge. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the front desk before your next trip! We want to be sure you enjoy each and every visit you have with us.

Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here years ago and didn't like it so much. Now, many years later, the hotel has been updated and is very nice. The staff seemed to bend over backward to ensure our stay was pleasant. Within 15 minutes of entering our room, we got a phone call from the Front Desk to see if we liked the room. They even has a property manager walking around to make sure people were pleased with everything. When we said we had a problem with the heater, they said they could get a technician up right away. Clean, nice, close to everything in town!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Village Hotel. In the past two years, the Village has had an entirely knew management staff, aiming to provide and enhance every guest stay. We appreciate your feedback and that your experience with our staff was exceptional.

We hope you come back and visit us at the Village before or during our winter season!

Been to The Village Hotel? Share your experiences!