“Off Main St gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Lakewood, Colorado
“Off Main St gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is my second review of this place and I can say, two years after our first review and three after our first visit, this place is still a favorite in Breckenridge. Its cozy so reservations are a good idea as it has a loyal following of regulars. Two blocks off the main drag and unimposing from the outside (looks like a house more than a restaurant) Twist is one that you don't find by accident. Friendly yet professional service (they know their wines) great imaginative twist on comfort food, and warm inviting atomsphere all make this one to find. Beer cheese Mac n cheese appetizer (with bacon crumbles) got us going. I had the cheesesteak meatloaf which I thought sounded disgusting by name but hearing it discribed said what the hell. Glad I did! Ate the whole thing! Unlike any meatloaf I've ever tasted, fortina mashed potatoes and cauliflower with an A1 glaze, mmmm.

Visited January 2014

Cooper City, Florida
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Twist for the first time in a couple of years and it was great. We started with the pineapple jalapeño pork wings, which were amazing. My husband had the pork chop (the best he ever had-very high quality) and I had the Philly steak meatloaf, also very good. As a side we had the beer mac & cheese, which was good, but could've been cheesier and the beer flavor a little more subtle. They still had the delicious cupcake gelato that I remembered from our last visit, so I had to order it. Twist will definitely be on our Breck restaurant list for future visits.

Visited January 2014
St. Louis
“Taking comfort food to a new level.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

"twist" is one of several wonderful Breckenridge restaurants offering foodies a creative and delicious experience. I started with the St. Supery cab and a serving of "Chex mix" twist style. My husband ordered the salmon that came with creamed farro and cauliflower. With a gluten sensitivity, the restaurant substituted sweet potato fries and brought an additional side of grilled (versus pistachio) brussels sprouts. Is it really possible to screw up such delicious vegetables….you bet! Haven't we all been to restaurants that couldn't get the basics right? His meal was very satisfying. I ordered the Grecian style lamb tacos (ample serving of three) and a winter field greens salad with mouco cheese and a wonderful dressing with crushed marcona almonds. Both of these appetizers were more than enough for a meal. I am giving "twist" a Very Good rating as opposed to an Excellent, because, let's face it, in a world of inflated ratings this is not the James Beard House. However, within the Breckenridge community, it is a wonderful restaurant and one that we typically frequent on our trips to the mountains. Additionally, kudos to Breck restaurants for consistently being sensitive to food preferences and allergies by creating menus that readily offer delicious alternatives.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
US
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm not sure how anyone could not give this five stars. We started with the traveler drink and Malbec wine both great. Then the Lemmon seared tuna pitas! Loved them, we split the buffalo chicken tried steak. That was so flavorful. Had the goat cheese pomegranate cheesecake AMAZEBALLS! Going back Friday. So five drinks total, appetizer, entree, desert and 20% tip $100!!!!! So worth it

San Angelo, United States
“Terrible Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Not much of a selection on their menu but decided on the goat taco's. I got sick later that night and was ill all the next day from the food. The house special (some hot drink) was terrible as well. Sorry... just telling it like it is. My son had the special (filet mignon) which I sampled and was good but $32!

• Visited January 2014