We stayed with our friends for one night at Grand Lodge at Peak 7. They own a timeshare and use Grand Lodge at peak 7 quite often for day use and bonus time when they can.
We thought that theGrand lodge was beautiful and well equiped with every thing you could possibly want. The decor was beautfiul and the furniture was very nice/well made as well (not like the 70's style you often find at some of the older lodges at some ski resorts). The furniture and beds were all very comfotable. You can tell that the developer spent extra on little considerations to make sure that the needs of the travelers were met. Noise proof rooms/doors are great, by the way (we had a child throwing a tantrum who was put in time out. Closed the door and heard nothing. :)
We utilized the free lift ticket offer and went through the tour for the timeshare. Not alot of pressure on the presentation, and we did decide to buy into it for the following reasons:
1) We loved the indoor/outdoor pool with slide and Jacuzzi's. The kids played for hours (ages 8, 6, & 3)! We will utilize "bonus time" when we are able.
2) The location of the lodge can't be beat. It truly is a ski in and ski out with a gorgeous mountain and a lift out the back door...great skiing, by the way!
3) Easy access to Peak 8... just a very short gondola ride away from kids ski school, rentals, etc
4) Great kids activities like the theatres, game room, etc.
Here are a couple of reasons that we didn't give the lodge a 5 star rating:
1) We stayed on the 2nd floor and had "heat" issues. There is no air conditioning so we had to turn off the heat and open the windows in order to cool down (in January!).
2) My husband thought the rooms were on the smaller side, I was ok with the size.
3) Saturday afternoon the pool and the lobby (grand room) seemed very crowded. I don't think they are planning on adding any more pool facilities, but are adding another building. Just wondering what the crowds will be like next year. Also, hoping that "day parking" won't be an issue.
Overall we would defintley recommend Grand Lodge at Peak 7. There are so many reasons to love this place. We will be going there as much as we can to utilize "bonus time"!
As a side note: very occasionally we may get to vacation at the Broadmoor in CS so we have been spoiled by the unparralled service and facilities there. Because of our expereince there, we may be a little hard on these guys. I am not sure If the Grand Lodge at Peak 7 is looking to give that kind of experience, but perhaps if they step up the service up a notch, they may get there... maybe?! Hopefully!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy sophisticated luxury and uncompromising comfort at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7. Our spacious residences offer refined elegance in a convenient location, just steps from the Independence Superchair at the base of Breckenridge Ski Resort's Peak 7 and along the Breck Connect Gondola route. The resort features an on-site restaurant, Soothe Spa, private movie theaters, a family fun center arcade and much more! Our concierge service can help you experience all the adventures the Rocky Mountains have to offer. Relax and rejuvenate in our indoor grotto, outdoor hot tubs, refreshing indoor/outdoor swimming pools, and state of the art fitness facilities. At the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, you'll find everything you need for a great vacation; a convenient and exciting location, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply GRAND! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge On Peak 7 Hotel Breckenridge