“Horseback Riding” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Denver, Colorado
“Horseback Riding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our guides. The problem was that they were asked to do too much. We had very young riders who need a lot of help and they were spread too thin. Several times someone needed help and the guides couldn't get to them or were busy trying to help someone else.
As we were finishing up we crossed a group starting their ride. I heard their guide tell our guide she had just been thrown off of a horse. She said she felt like throwing up. When asked why she was still taking the tour she said her supervisor made her.
Overall, this feels like a poorly run tour. Money over safety or employee wellbeing. If you are an experienced rider you're probably ok. Otherwise, look for another venue.

4 attraction reviews
“Pricey and Pray for Good Weather”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was fun for the grand kids but there is no allowance for weather. Some people and companies allow for acts of God when considering their services. This is not one. Plan for he trip early to stay away from forenoon showers.

orlando
22 attraction reviews
“Uncaring, rude, tourist trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Expected a great time, but met with disappointment! A group of us arrived due to advertising on Groupon. Well, our Groupon had expired. That's ok, that's not my problem with this place. After all, that's our fault. What I do have a problem with is the smile and delight they had on their face gleefully informing us it was expired. When I asked nicely if we could have any discount at all because after all Groupon had brought them a lot of business (7 of us total @ $65.00 each!) They had literally this robotic answer about they can't bend rules but that we could attempt a discount at an email address. Ok, fine, not that nice, but ok. Then when we were signing waivers and such, my brother realized he had mis-counted and we did not have 8 people, but only 7. We said "Oh, oops, we miscounted, we only have 7" now, can you believe this? .... Again, the fake robotic answer while staring off into space that "They cannot bend the rules and we could attempt a refund at an email address."!!! Then gleefully stated that, "The card will be charged for all 8 people no matter what"! Pretty nice customer service, huh? Now, I could understand if this was a small operation and there was 8 horses all saddled up just for us and that took a lot of time, but this was not the case! If you come to this place you will see they are big with tons of horses and tons of tourists all willing to pay a pretty penny to ride. Another example of being disrespectful to tourists because they will never see them again! Do they not realize what a bad taste this left in our mouth and completely ruined our ride? Also, why would we be inclined to tip our poor wrangler despite how nice she was? Like I said earlier, I live in Orlando...I get the tourist thing...yes, we can be irritating. However, good customer service, tourists or not, would benefit your business ten fold!! Go to Copper for a horse back ride...not here!

Denver, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We do not visit Breckenridge often, but will definitely return to do this ride again. I live in Colorado, and have been around horses (owning, showing and now leasing at a ranch here in the Springs) my whole life. My nephew and his wife have only ever ridden about 3 times in their lives - we were a diverse group to be sure. Two of us are 50+, the other two have just turned 30.

Our guide, Andrew, was awesome. He knew how to relate to each one of us in order that we all felt comfortable, safe, and yet we all had FUN. I expect safety when working with horses, but the fun is a bonus, which Andrew delivered quite well. We rode in a thunderstorm, and not one of us cared.

My nephew and his wife enjoyed the ride to the point it was the highlight of our weekend in the mountains. For that, I thank you. I also enjoyed the ride, however, it was the customer service and personal attention that put your stables over the top.

The stables had horses that appear well cared for, not skinny and neglected. I didn't see anyone on the staff lose patience with any of the livestock, and everyone seemed to genuinely like the horses. That is a plus as well, as you know that many dude ranches or stables treat the horses only as $$, which to tourists, is a real downer!

I do not remember his name (Andrew and Sophie will know), but the young man assigning us to our horses and our guide was VERY patient and perceptive as well - he must have known we are people who are not very easy to please, and knew how to make sure we left happy.

What a great way to see the Peaks of Breckenridge!

Shawnee, Kansas
“Great ride in the Rockies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went on a private ride with our guide Willow and my wife and daughter. We were fitted on 2 awesome draft horses, Blondie and CJ, and Dakota, a quarter horse for my daughter. Our guide told us all about Aspen trees and the beetles attacking the pines. The view was spectacular. I loved everything about this place, they treated my daughter like a real cowgirl and she loves horses now. I read a review about someone damaging their car on the way to the stables, my advice is just drive slow through the bumps and avoid any big rocks.

Visited August 2012