“Heaven for 7 year olds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 66 Activities in Breckenridge
Type: Mountains, Amusement
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three ski mountains in Breckenridge.
Southern California
6 attraction reviews
“Heaven for 7 year olds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a fun time at the Fun Park. The alpine slide and the rollercoaster were great fun for my seven year old. We also enjoyed mini-golf, a slide jumper, and the maze. It was quite expensive but we thought it was worth it for a fun filled day. We got very lucky and a staff member when we arrived gave us a 50% off coupon for one person - but, I don't know where they got it...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
“Kids love it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My son loved the maze (10 dollars)and alpine slide (18 dollars). He thought they were the best things ever. We didn't want to spend the day there so we only purchased those rides. The all day pass is the way to go (about 79 dollars)if you just want to do that for the day and then they can ride and do the kids activities multiple times. There are quite a few activities so you could spend the day and plenty of seating for the parents. But for those who want to do one or two things it is expensive. The gondola ride up is free thank goodness. But it appeared all the children there were thrilled with this place.

New York City, New York
“Overpriced for unpredictable weather”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are a family of six and we were looking for a fun day in Breckenridge. We decided on going to Peak 8 Fun Park. Upon arrival, we were unsure of where to enter the park, as there were no signs pointing us in the direction of the park. We then had to call the mountain. We spoke to a woman that clearly did not know her own mountain. When I asked her how to get to the fun park, she instructed me to take the gondola up the mountain to the park. I was told that the gondola would make no stops until reaching the fun park. I asked if there was any parking up closer to the park to avoid the gondola ride, but she said the only place to park was at the base of the mountain. This was not the case. The gondola made two stops before reaching the park. This left us very unsure of where to exit. Also, as we approached the final gondola station, we saw an entire parking lot that we could have parked in! Already flustered, we were pointed to a ticket shack where we purchased day passes for the fun park. The total was $370! We then went on some average attractions that were completely overshadowed by rude, unknowledgeable, and unmotivated teenagers who ran the entire park. After only a few rides on the alpine slide and the mountain coaster, the rain came. The park completely shut down leaving no humans out at any of the attractions. We were forced inside where we ate a terrible lunch at Tbar Restaurant. In the restaurant we made a shocking discovery. They completely shut down the gondola! The way back to our car. After an overcrowded, slow service lunch, we went to get refunds on our tickets that we barely used. We were refunded $168! We walked out of the ticket shack having our pockets stripped of $202 plus the cost of the horrific and putrid lunch! We then had to take a long shuttle bus ride down to our car. We drove away from the mountain having wasted a lot of money and time. I will never return to Peak 8 “no fun” park!

Omaha, NE
8 attraction reviews
“We're just a couple of middle-aged adults and we had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was just me and the hubby and we weren't interested in doing everything at the park (there's a number of "kiddie" things" so we purchased just 1 trip ticket each on the Alpine Slide and the Segway Tour. The Alpine Coaster also looked like fun, but we decided not to do it - this trip.
The Alpine Slide is a blast as long as you don't end up behind a slowpoke! Use track C for the least chance of that happening. The first time down, my hubby had a great ride while I ended up having to come to a full stop behind a young boy who evidently didn't have that fearless streak I thought came standard on all tween boys. And I didn't just stop once, I had to stop myself several times. At the "picture hut" at the bottom, when asked if I enjoyed it I told them what had happened and I'm happy to say they took care of me. I got to go again, making sure I used Track C and it was fabulous!
We then did the Segway Tour. If you've every done a city Segway tour, a mountain Segway will be different. We spent about 45 minutes on instruction and getting used to the equipment then when uphill for our tour of the mountain. Jake is an intelligent and informative guide, I have a feeling he will later be known as the world's first Xtreme Segwayer! The ride down was a bit scary, riding over moguls and making sharp turns as while headed down a steep decline made me a little nervous. But I made it down safely, enjoying incredible views the whole way and wishing I could do another tour again immediately. The instruction and the tour lasted about 2 1/2 hours total.
We plan to go again next time we're in Breck and we will buy a full day pass so we can go on the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster as many times as we want. Since we've done the Segway, we probably won't do it again, unless they have an expanded version. FYI, when you buy a full day pass you can also get discounts on things like the Segway Tour (Segway tour $59 is not included the day pass). Also in 2015 they plan to open even more summer activities there, one of them being a big zipline. We'll definitely be back for that.
If you're going to be there past noon, you should also bring light jackets in case it starts to rain. (There's usually a shower every afternoon.) You can store them in the day lockers available for a small charge. Also consider bringing your own food, we hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch and needed to eat something really quick before the Segway tour so I ran in and bought 2 standard size Snickers bars, which cost $5.52!!! Ouch!

Leawood, Kansas
8 attraction reviews
“Peak 8 Fun Park -- Expensive Outing but Still a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We own a home in the forest just south of Breckenridge and often forget to explore what's just around the corner. Over the past three years, we have increasingly frequented the Peak 8 Fun Park. The activities for young families present lots of opportunities for fun and energy release in a spectacularly beautiful setting. The whole family (grandpa and youngest grandkids) enjoys the mountain coaster, new two seasons ago. It's fast but not too fast for folks of all ages. We also like the alpine slide BUT you have to check the condition of the sleds you pick up. If you're a bit on the heavier side or pick up a worn sled, then the friction on the track can slow you down and detract from your experience. Two things about Peak 8 that folks might overlook. For $10, guests can take the SuperSlide up the mountain and it stops right next to HorseShoe Bowl, a notable landmark on Peak 8. There is a half mile looping trail that provides amazing views of THOUSANDS of high peaks every way a visitor might look. It truly takes our breath away every time. We've also traveled the hiking trail enough times to learn where the wildlife hangs out...like the area just beyond the loop trail. The sign says the trail is not maintained, but don't pay attention. It is a very safe and well traveled trail. About 300 yards or maybe a bit farther down the "not maintained" trail is a rock field. On a sunny late summer day, you can see a half dozen marmots splayed across the rocks to soak in the sun with toes in the air. On late summer and fall weekends, you can finish your day with the full menu lunch at the Ski Hill Grill. Our expectations were very low for ski lodge food. We were really surprised at how much we enjoyed our lunches, with a live band on the patio and a beautiful mountain backdrop to our meal. It's not cheap at Peak 8 but we still considered the experience a very good value and a big reason why Vail Resorts succeeds in turning winter retreats into fun environments year round.