I was provided with a three night accommodation at this hotel (disclaimer). That being said, I would return to this hotel again on my own dime when/if I visit Breckenridge again. The staff was extremely friendly and the concierge helpful in deciding what activities to do. The room, king size, was large with a great view over part of the downtown area. As other reviews stated, the hotel just have a unique layout for floors 7 - 10, you need to ride one elevator up to the 6th floor, then walk through the halls to a second elevator.
For skiers, there is a ski shop in the hotel for equipment rentals and purchases. A complimentary shuttle can take you to the Gondola's serving Peak 7 & 8. Across the street is a ski lift, but I'm not sure where that takes you (I'm not a skier...so...)
I found the location great and was a 10-15 minute walk to Main Street. The food served in the restaurant was good quality with plenty of it. I had french toast for breakfast one morning, but didn't do the breakfast buffet (although it looked good).
The lobby was open and had a three face fireplace as it's central focus. Great for sitting in the evening reading a paper or book warming up after a day out in the snow. A small marketplace had essentials available if needed. I didn't use the pool/sauna but took a quick peak. It's indoors so good year around and the fitness center looked to be a decent size with plenty of equipment.
The hotel does have several conference rooms, so may be busy on the lobby level with conference attendees, which need to be passed to get from the elevator to the lobby, but there were none while I was there, so treat that as an assumption.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is a true mountain experience offering views of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Our full service hotel is directly across the street from Peak 9 of the world renowned Breckenridge ski resort. The chair lift is within walking distance from the hotel. We are also only a 10-minute walk to historical Main Street where you can find a variety of shops, dining options and exciting Gold Rush history! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hilton Hotels so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Breckenridge Hotel Breckenridge
- Great Divide Hotel
- Great Divide Breckenridge