“We will come back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Village Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424 (Formerly Great Divide Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Offer!
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morrison, CO
“We will come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The location is excellent, close to the slopes and close to shopping and restaurants in Breckenridge. The staff was friendly and couldn't have been more accommodating. Our room was immaculate, and very nicely equipped. Even the restaurant was good, for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
The entire DoubleTree Breckenridge staff thanks you for your recent review. Every member of the DoubleTree team works very hard to go above and beyond for all our guests, and I’m glad you enjoyed your ski trip! Thank you again for joining us, we look forward to seeing you at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Unknowingly I stayed here a few years ago when it was the tired/outdated "Great Divide". I hoped for a better hotel experience in Breckinridge with a familiar name, so when I saw "Double Tree" was in the market I thought things were looking up. Not the case, my poor memory of the exact location caused me to stay in the same hotel with a new name. The staff claims they had a $10 million face lift but I didn't see it. I should have tried BEAVER RUN across the street, at least it was less than 325 a night for 2 queens and closer to the lift. On a lighter note, go enjoy the brewery after a tough day on the hill, great beer and food.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, perhaps without water dripping from the ceiling.
Green Features: Poor, I saw housekeeping dump my sorted recycling in with trash despite using their sorting system. Yet another feel good, do nothing scam.
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments about the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I apologize that the hotel was not up to your expectations. I have shared your remarks with our management team, and we are working to improve the DoubleTree Breckenridge every day. Thank you for staying with us.
Cheyenne, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful. Ask for a room near the lobby, as our room was in a different wing and we had to take two elevators to reach it. The room was clean and comfortable, had a refrigerator and coffee maker, and a good sized closet for ski gear.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,
The whole DoubleTree Breckenridge team appreciates your review. Our staff was very happy to hear how you enjoyed their assistance throughout your trip. Please let us know the next time you’re visiting Breckenridge!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the time we pulled in until we left we felt like we were the only guests in this hotel.

It was busy but they were well staffed. The check in was fast and the bell service was great. .The mountain view room was not what i had expected but the view was still good.

One of the managers was walking by in the bar when i got some drinks and even helped me carry them up to my room.

Room Tip: Get a high floor or you cant see much
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind remarks. Our entire staff works very hard to make every guest feel special while visiting the DoubleTree in Breckenridge and I'm glad we were able to accommodate you with whatever you needed. Please let our team know the next time you're visiting the DoubleTree in Breckenridge!
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location at Brecenridge. Easy ski in and ski out. Nice to have a bar and restaurant but also a very easy walk to town. The hot tubs were ok, but they need some paint. Great place to use Hilton points!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words about the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I have been working with the engineering team to redo the hot tubs and update their appearance. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge!
MARKHAM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The site is ski out (across a road and a parking lot) and not quite ski in. The rooms are acceptable although the individual heating is quirky. Ski shop rentals are higher than the same brand store 500 yards away, but they assure you that it is more convenient. The staff generally try hard with varying rates of success. Check-in is AFTER 4PM!! Kevin at the front desk was GREAT. Check out was a circus-after 30 minutes, nobody had picked up our bags, and then there was a further 20 minute wait for the valet to bring the car from the garage (total of 50 minutes from the initial request). The reason was that the cars were "stacked". Any problem or inadequacy is answered by the qualifier that "this is a RESORT hotel", forgetting that a "resort" implies a higher, not lower, standard. The resort fee, by the way, is $20+tax per day. The DoubleTree is a 10 minute walk from downtown Breck, but there is a rather frequent and friendly hotel shuttle.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry you didn't experience the level of service we strive for with each of our valued guests. I will share the information with the appropriate team members so we may do better in the future. We hope to see you again in Beautiful Breckenridge.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I travel a ton on business and when I finally had time for a break I decided a ski trip would be just what I needed. Used my points for a stay at the Doubletree and wow what a great choice that turned out to be!!!

I absolutely love the great reception we received at the front desk when we checked in, the staff is full of knowledge and friendly advice regarding what to do, where to eat and the services the hotel offers. They even walked us around the corner of the front desk to their very own ski shop right in the hotel. The Guys in the shop were as fantastic as the front desk staff!!! They measured us up, recommended the right skies and gave us great tips that turned out to be right on when we got to the slope.

I read reviews here that said the hotel was “tired”, I have to disagree. The décor in the lobby is mountain rustic and when you get to your room I would call the décor “Mountain Plush”. New furnature and new bedding, new sheets pillows and everything was very well kept and clean. It’s a Doubletree and seems to me to be above the standards of many of the Doubletrees I stay at while on the road.

What some may perceive as “tired” I would call the were and tare that comes from a packed house of guests tromping through the halls, elevators and rooms in ski boots while carrying all the equipment you need for a day on the slopes. (By the way, the hotel has a service they offer guests, you let the valet take your skis to and from the hotel ski locker to the slope, still you tromp through the halls in your boots, but your at a ski resort, what do you expect?)

Oh, and the people who keep mentioning the treks through halls and elevator changes to get to the best rooms? Yep, we did that too, But this hotel is nestled into the side of a mountain, You walk in on ground level in the front, get up to your 10th floor room and what a view out the front from 10 floors up!!! Look out the back from 10 floors up and your still at ground level, LOL. So the trip up is a trip through the Mountain, get over it, or go back to the beach you used to staying at.

The beds are uber comfy and I slept like a Bear, woke up like one too, hungry I stumbled down to the restaurant where I had the hot complimentary breakfast. (As a note to people who want to stay here, complimentary breakfasts are not usually part of the “Doubletree standard”, but someone here was smart enough to figure out that a ski in ski out guest probably doesn't want to dress the family for a trip into town, eat, come back, change to ski for the day and all the hassle that would bring) Kudo’s to this hotel for stepping up and complimenting the free breakfast!!! (Ok, its not an embassy suit type spread, but its way above what the Hampton Inn puts out)

I've got no complaints, in fact my stay was way above and beyond what I was expecting!!! I will most certainly be returning to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the 10th floor, (there are only 4, maybe 6 rooms up there) sure its a trek through halls and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thourough feedback with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you visit us in Beautiful Breckenridge again soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge? Share your experiences!