“Was Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Village Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424 (Formerly Great Divide Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Offer!
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Was Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding. I used to love the old Doubletrees but I feel that now they just sold their name to any property. The hotel is a great location. Even though I was there for only a day it was really close to a lot of activities. I was a little disappointed in the "mountain view" room as I really only had a view of the air conditioner which was apparently out and they had a box fan against the window. Not a complaint I appreciated the fact that even thought the day I got there the temp. dropped, they had provisions but again, not really up to the old standards of Doubletree.

The room itself was huge. Almost a suite; microwave, separate wet bar and great size fridge. Huge big screen tv but analog cable so you couldn't really enjoy the quality but you're not in Breckenridge to watch tv. I needed to iron my shirt for the wedding and the iron was filthy. I didn't have time to call for another one. All and all just small touches that I notices.

Staff was ok but since check in was at 4 p.m. and they let me know that they got my request for early check in; which they don't do, I give them points for that. The nicest folks of all were the staff in the restaurant and the valet staff.

All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Breckenridge Doubletree was renovated nicely except for one thing: our room (and others I was told) had a bathroom door that would not fully open. It stopped at the toilet. Further, the bathroom was so small only one person could brush teeth at a time. That was the smallest hotel bathroom we have ever experienced, and the fact that the door would not fully open was very difficult to navigate. Otherwise, the hotel is lovely, and beds were comfortable and room accommodations were beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Mountain Grove, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff of this hotel was super friendly and helpful. They shuttled us anywhere in town for free, and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Just be prepared to pay extra if you want to use internet in your room, or have a pet with you. And if you buy anything microwavable from their store, you have to microwave it before taking it to your room - there are no in-room microwaves. There is a great hiking trail behind the hotel that takes you up to a beautiful little reservoir - great little short hike for pets or kids!

Fairbury, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Originally I picked this hotel because I am a Hilton Honors member and the price was very right, and those darn chocolate chip cookies are always a plus. The room was like a suite and the bed and pillows were spectacular. We slept like babies

The location was excellent and it would have been an easy 10 minute walk to the heart of Breckenridge shopping but once again, the hotel came to the rescue - they offer FREE shuttle service to and from ANYWHERE you want to go in Breckenridge. They took us to the Hearthstone Restaurant and when we were done, we called them and they came to pick us up and since it was raining it was greatly appreciated

We got the full breakfast option which cost like $10 more total and it is the way to go folks because their breakfast is very good and plentiful

Their staff treated us like kings. There have been talk of poor performance, but our experience was nothing but excellent

We WILL stay here again. Even during ski season the rooms would be great AND the location is just across the street from the base of LIFT #9

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Breckenridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean, high quality, great location right off Main Street and an overall excellent staff experience. A great value too. The staff genuinely seemed to care about our experience and went out of their way to serve us.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was passing through Breckenridge for business and my group was very pleased with how accommodating the Double Tree was. On check in, the front desk gave my whole group breakfast vouchers because of my diamond status. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had great options (the breakfast did not include made to order eggs like most properties). We had oversized vehicles and the valet was very helpful to make sure we had parking right away. After a long day of work the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here on future visits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This trip was an anniversary trip (our 23rd - Yay!). This hotel has a great location and has some pluses, but the staff and their lack-luster performance will just about ruin it for you. There are a couple of employees who take their job seriously and are (in my opinion) the only reason the hotel is still standing... while 95% of the rest of the folks there don't get it nor care to. The rooms are spacious and clean, the temperature control is non-existant (spontaneously combust or simply fry... never chill) The hair dryer, humidifier, TV and other amenities are simply beyond bad. I would give it another try - just because of my loyalty to the Hilton Brand; in hopes that a new manager came to the hotel and corrected the mechanical and staff failures.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge? Share your experiences!