“Best Chain Hotel in Breckenridge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Village Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424 (Formerly Great Divide Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonor Points!
Ranked #13 of 23 hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best Chain Hotel in Breckenridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It can be difficult to find a "chain" hotel in Breckenridge, but since we were looking to stay with a Hilton property, it was worth its price. To begin, the hotel is close to the slopes (walking distance) or if you don't feel like crossing the road...they have a shuttle to drive you slope side. The good: the shuttle will take you everywhere around Breckenridge and pick you up quickly too. Very nice shuttle drivers and front desk staff. The rooms are large and clean. The bad: the hotel is large and the breakfast buffet is so not worth the $18/person. The ugly: The hot tub is very small and difficult to fine a spot after a long day of skiing. The Valet is required at check-in and is $28/day. Bummer.
Do go down the street to the Valdero (Hilton Vacations) and book a massage or treatment. Spend time in the steam room or hot tub before your massage :o) Do go to Kenosha to watch the game. If you have a car, do go to the Red Mountain Grill for dinner in Frisco.

Room Tip: Stay above the 4th floor. The lower floors look at the roof and exhaust vents steam up the outer wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am happy that you enjoyed the location of our property and our shuttle service. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our breakfast buffet and with our hot tubs. Please come visit us again soon!

621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're going to Breckinridge to ski this is the one of the best hotels to stay at simply for the convenient walk across the street to the ski lift & ski school. We have 2 kids & they took ski lessons. Being so close was such an asset w/all of their equipment etc.

The hotel has ski lockers, an added bonus.

They have an indoor pool & hot tubs which were small & cramped w/ppl, but they have them at least.

In the afternoons on the deck off the restaurant you can enjoy free smores. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was surprisingly good, a bit salty, but tasty dishes and good variety. The kids menu choices were limited so we had the kids split an adult sized entree, which was perfect for them.

Breakfast was continental or upgrade to buffet which was disappointing. There was merely an omelet station, the sausage was burnt & rubbery, applewood bacon was good tho.
Rooms are comfortable. They aren't suites though, which I expected since it's usually customary w/Doubletree. Our beds were very comfortable, firm. Clean rooms/bathroom. The bathroom is very, very small!

Complaint: The walls, doors are not very sound proof, so at night whenever anyone was in the room next to us or walking down the hallways, we could hear them, which was annoying at 11pm when we were all trying to sleep to get up early the next day to ski etc. We found this is to be a nuisance. Also, the hotel has a very outdated, musty smell, almost like stale smoke. Not sure what this is, but found it a little unsettling.

Pluses: Ski lockers, proximity to ski lift/school, smores, comfy beds, pool/hot tubs, nice lobby w/a few fire places & seating areas. During holiday weekends you can book for just 1 night, which around ski resorts is pretty hard to find, so again, we found this to be a nice perk.

Room Tip: if possible, ask to be away from other guests due to the lack of soundproofing
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree Breckenridge. I am so glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of our property. I apologize that you experienced some inconvenience during your stay with the breakfast buffet and with your guest room. We are currently in the third phase of our renovation process which includes updating our guest rooms. I hope you come back soon to see our improvements!
sao paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Friendly staff restaurant. Good food specially the rib eye. No so nice is the fireplace. Better a real wood no gas......
Fantastic service at inside ski rental ..they are very good and gentle.
Position is fantastic , near gondola. Front office is friendly
I will be back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy that you enjoyed our staff. We hope to see you again this winter!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Views from this hotel are outstanding. The walk to main street is short and easy. Service is a bit slow and laid back, although this is a mountain town. We waited for an hour for our bags to arrive, and had to call to have them brought up.

Room is very spacious and modern.

Room Tip: Choose the mountain view - well worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree. I am pleased that you enjoyed the scenic view from your Mountain View room. I do apologize for the inconvenience with your luggage. Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had a great stay here! It's close to everything in Breckenridge which made it easy to get around because you could walk just about anywhere. I valeted my car and didn't use it much of the stay. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I had a great night's sleep and the staff is very courteous. They also have a Cadillac Shuttle that will take you around the area for FREE. I never had to use it but it was good to know the option was available.

Overall I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our location and our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff at Double Tree Breckenridge was so welcoming and inviting. Their hospitality made my business trip feel like a vacation!

I was in charge of scheduling a 15 person offsite for my company, and Erin from Conference Services in the Double Tree made the planning a breeze. She recommended lunch options, took care of all the set up and tear down. She really took the work out of planning this event. I was able to enjoy my time in Breckenridge instead of worrying about meeting details and accommodations for my team.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree in Breckenridge. I am delighted that our staff made your trip a great experience. Please visit us again soon!
Elizabeth, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We decided at the last minute to do quick overnight trip to Breck to ski. Normally do day trips several times a season (season ticket holder) but friends were staying overnight in a condo & decided to look for a room too. I figured that the Doubletree would be booked but guess not ... Maybe it was a HH diamond bene? Anyway, got a nice King room with a view.

The staff here was great. We got to Breck early (8am) on Sat morn. Obviously our room was not ready so we parked the car at the hotel and headed off to Coppertop/Beaver Run/Peak 9. About midday I called the desk to see if we could get into our room...not ready yet but got on the short list for housekeeping. Called again about 2 and we were good! The valet had someone (Patrick, I think) go to our car and get our bags and bring them to our room (Thank You!)

The room was huge! Not sure why, but we had two King beds and a sitting area with a sofa and 2 chairs. The bathroom was typical hotel size, not too small but not huge. There was a mini fridge and wet bar area. There is an indoor pool and 3 outdoor hot-tubs that we did not have time to use (darn).

I did not notice the wear & tear that others have mentioned. Actually, everything seemed pretty up to date, clean and neat.

The only "Cons" I can mention are this:
The elevator for our wing was all the way at the end of the long hallway, nowhere near the lobby. So it seems to be a constant stream of people walking up and down this long hallway to wait on this sole elevator. We discovered quickly that the stairs were a much better idea. And we had the bell cap (Patrick(?) again, thank you) come get our bags on Sunday.

Second sort-of Con would be the breakfast. The food itself was good - made-to-order omelet and the requisite buffet breakfast foods. But the room is too crowded with tables. I can't complain too much because I had (diamond) coupons for my breakfast and only had to pay $6 for the full buffet upgrade. But those paying full price ($20 each) for the full buffet should expect a little more elbow room. We had to try really hard to not bump into tables and chairs when maneuvering around the restaurant and buffet line.

Overall, a very nice stay. Efficient check-in, nice room, super nice people... We'll stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your two king Mountain View room. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while dining in our restaurant for breakfast. I hope that you visit us again this winter season!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge? Share your experiences!