“Nice fresh fish” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
boston,ma
“Nice fresh fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Casual sushi restaurant. Good location and good prices. Friendly wait staff. Like most sushi places, nothing fancy. Good for a large group to share family style

Visited March 2013

Alabama, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Wasabi during our stay at Breck. This restraunt has a ton of windows overlooking downtown and the mountain range. Our food was incredible, drinks good, waitress very friendly. The guys behind the bar making sushi rolls are lightning fast. Everything we had there was delicious and prices were reasonable. More of a high end sushi place, but definitely worth every penny. Great vibe.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silverthonrne, CO
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I arrived for lunch while on break while completing jury duty. After asking if the spring rolls were fried (they were) and deciding against them I order a bowl of miso soup. When i went to pay i realized i had no cash, just a credit card. The woman owner tore up my order and said I had to have a minimum of $10 for a credit card. She then walked away. i then said, ok i'll order more to make it $10. So i got a pice of sushi with some crab maet on it. It was the worst, smallest, most expensive piece of sushi I have ever had. Aside from having to get my own food, water and bus my own table, i was ignored while other customers were given table service. Save yourself the time and money and eat at some of the other fine restaurants in town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Redding, Connecticut
“Good Sushi with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had tickets to the music festival in August and decided we'd have sushi that evening since we didn't have time for a fancy dinner. Then we were running even later than planned, but went anyway. We explained time constraint to the hostess (chef/owner's wife) and she help expedite our drinks, orders, food and check so we comfortably made it to show on time. I was impressed with the service.

The Sushi was good. I had Sashimi which was fresh and well prepared. My wife and son had sushi and several rolls. They really loved every roll they ordered. It may be in the mountains, but they get high quality fish daily and the owner chef is excellent. The atmosphere is not fancy and the place is kinda tucked back off the street behind some shops, so you might not see it if you aren't looking for it.

Visited August 2012
Newnan, Georgia
“Recommend for sushi fans in Breck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Went after our first day of skiing. We are always somewhat skeptical of sushi at ski resorts and in the inter-mountain west but this place has the same Japanese couple as owners for the last 20+ years.

A bit hard to find in the back of a small set of shops. Service was was pleasant and place was not crowded although mid-December is certainly not a busy time in Breck.

Recommend sticking purely with sushi and sashami - we did order the "boat" - assumed a platter of sushi, rolls, and sashami but it was more a bento with a few rolls, some nigiri, and a somewhat strange chicken dish that was tasty but not expected. We also ordered a spicy tuna roll which was bettter than average.

We will likely go back next time we are in Breck.

• Visited December 2011