“Horrible and most inhospitable place I have ever been to!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 131 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: Pub
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Horrible and most inhospitable place I have ever been to!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went in the other night to this pub just looking for takeout. I called several times no one answered so I walked down to the restaurant. As I walked in there was obviously an event going on. I was an employee in the local area so I was just wondering if it was my company's employee event. I approached a curly haired man at the bar that had the biggest "uppity" attitude I have ever met. I just asked him a couple questions inquiring what the event was about. The man was obviously not interested in me since I wasn't part of the event. His answers were short, icy, and without eye contact. I'v served in restaurants before and was shocked at his immediate rudeness. He replied when asked about the event " It's for employees but not for you. You can drink but no you can't have the food." Ok geez I didn't want your dang food. The ultimate insult to the point at which I became furious was when in the 2 minute conversation thus far I was about to ask about takeout when he saw a gentlemen walk in turned instantly away from me and yelled at the man to grab his attention "oh hey bill!" I had walked all the way there to get ignored and rudely talked to? I don't think so... I walked away exclaiming a rude comment to his character and walked out.. I will never go in that restaurant again. That is no way to treat people. He could have solved the whole issue in the first 30 seconds I walked up by saying "I'm sorry sir this event is for employees, but you are welcome to sit at the bar or order takeout." I have never been treated with such rudeness in my life and I work in the service industry. Just so unnecessary... be warned don't go... apparently I wasn't good enough to enter the Park Avenue Pub... but I was good enough to leave it... won't take disrespect like that ever again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Peyton, Colorado
“How long does it take to pour a Beer????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

only good thing was that they had 2 pool tables and was walking distance to the hotel. Service was SLOW, I mean it took forever to get our drinks, and its a Bar!!! , food was alright, cream cheese poppers was the best part.

Visited December 2011
Reading, UK
“Started well - then it all went wrong”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

This place looked really inviting from the outside so my party and I went in for a few drinks before going on somewhere else for dinner. It was a Thursday night and it was about half full and there was a nice atmosphere in there. We were encouraged enough to return on Saturday for more drinks and a game of pool. It was understandably more busy abut that was not a problem. As the night went on, the pub became full up with teenagers hell bent on shouting and getting drunk at the expense of other drinkers. When we ordered food, we were told to go to the bar as the barman was too busy to bring it to our table. When we pointed out that he had delivered food to other tables that night he said 'it's tough - i'm taking out the trash'. We then got attitude from the barman when we complained that the pool table was jammed. The feeling that we got was that they were not that keen to help or serve foreigners. What's more, they didn't seem to want to do anything about the abusive young men that were in the bar (many of them looking under 21).

In short, it was a shame. It looks nice from outside but the weekend skiers make this place a nightmare from Friday through Sunday.

The next night we had a great time at the Ullrs Sports bar down the street where we played pool with the locals and shared beer and stories with them.

BRECK FOREVER!