We have nothing but positive comments regarding this location. It was a bit deceiving at first due to the fact that it is not a “new” fancy hotel; but is a NICE cozy property and appears to be newly renovated. The hotel is in a very quiet residential area and just a few short blocks from CU Boulder. We did not walk to Pearl Street Mall, but a person could walk if they didn’t mind a short trek.
The staff at the Quality Suites was outstanding and should be commended – very friendly and professional. We were offered warm chocolate chip cookies and lemonade the moment we walked in and were told to help ourselves to drinks in the breakfast area anytime. I’m sure we looked a bit frazzled as we had been on our motorcycle for 9 hours riding from New Mexico to Boulder! Needless to say, the cold lemonade and warm cookies were fabulous.
We had two reservations – one for using our points and the other for the second night. (For some reason, when I booked on-line, I ended up with two reservations and two room types.) The desk clerks efficiently combined our two reservations and made sure we stayed in the same room and didn’t have to move the next day. The room (108) was very spacious and CLEAN with a huge comfortable king bed with triple sheets andsoft down comforter, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and wet bar. The room also included complimentary paper “house slippers” and the use of thick cotton bathrobes – very nice. The shower was great with a nice strong spray - not a wimpy sprinkle. The hotel offers many "green" options, such as soap, shampoo and lotion dispensers and not changing linens daily unless requested. Otherwise, lines are changed every three days. The indoor pool was great and there is also a sauna with workout equipment and showers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and never felt “unsafe” – I don’t think there is anyplace in Boulder that we thought unsavory!
The desk clerk gave us directions to CU-Boulder’s Folsom field (which was a couple of blocks up the hill behind the hotel) and we saw spectacular fireworks at the stadium accompanied by the Boulder Philharmonic! It was a fantastic display and was awesome set to music – what a nice bonus.
We had a quick breakfast Saturday morning and the breakfast area was neat and clean and restocked frequently by the nice young man working there (he also cheerfully helped with the waffle maker). In my opinion, the menu was better than most “continental breakfasts” – eggs, sausage, muffins, assorted pastries, cereal, make-it-yourself waffles, fruit, coffee, milk and juice.
If you are expecting “plush and fancy” you might be disappointed. But if you want clean, comfortable and affordable with friendly staff, then this is a great place! We’ll definitely stay here again when we visit Boulder.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, solar powered property in the heart of Boulder includes free deluxe hot breakfast buffet, and fully equipped guest rooms. Enjoy the on-site laundry, complimentary bicycles, 5 star bedding, robes, flat panel LCD Television with HD Programming, Clock-radio with MP3 player, reduced-waste spa products including shampoos, soaps, and lotions, microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, and iron and board. This is a non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Boulder Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Boulder Creek Hotel Boulder
- Quality Inn And Suites Boulder Creek
- Quality Inn Boulder
- Boulder Quality Inn