“The absolute worst!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Gainesville, Virginia
“The absolute worst!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Beds rock hard, electric outlets do not work, hair dryer did not work, towel bars fell off wall, breakfast very unsanitary, both saunas not working, workout area smelled disgusting, very noisy. When I reported issues to management, they were unconcerned, no empathy, could not have cared less!! Their brochure said to report problem and they will fix but that certainly did not happen. Will NEVER stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, we thought it was interesting and eclectic. However, upon settling down for the night we discovered that the heater would quit blowing hot air and begin blowing out cold air. Think record lows for winter that night. It was about midnight when I first discovered this, I fiddled around with the thermostat and thought I fixed it. However, about an hour later I woke up again freezing. I finally gave up and put on about every piece of clothing I brought with me on and tried to suffer through. You would think that was the worst part but somewhere between tossing and turning trying to stay warm I pulled up the sheet covering the mattress. It was pretty easy because apparently the hotel is too cheap to invest in fitted sheets. When I woke up I was nuzzled up to the most disgusting mattress stain I've ever seen. I wish I could attach a picture because words don't do it justice. I'm pretty sure someone died on that mattress and then wasn't discovered for several weeks (after their juices had thoroughly soaked into the mattress). I talked to the front desk the next day and she told me how to "reset" the thermostat... didn't work but at least she gave me three more of blankets so the second night I didn't freeze as much. When I went to check out I requested that they give us the first night for free (thought that would be a no-brainer). The front desk woman then went on to tell me that because we booked through Orbitz we could not have any kind of a refund. Nice. Your car would be better than this place! Don't stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Salida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Rooms were dingy, in a "I'm not so sure I want to put my suitcase on the carpet" kind of way. No vents/fans in bathrooms. Breakfast was a joke - in the bar, on the bar, no lighting, so you literally were not sure what you were getting. Did like the in-room recyling.

Room Tip: Pool is heavy on the chlorine, so you may want to ask for a non-poolside room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Monument, Ks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We recently stayed at the outlook over the Christmas Season. Our stay was less than impressive first of all our bed, Hard as a rock. By far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. The room appeared in decent condition however did not smell fresh. With Dark lighting felt a little gloomy. We stayed there for three night and swam in the pool which was very cold and there was clumps of hair floating around in the hot tub. The cleanliness has been good in the past (we have stayed here 3 other times) however seemed to get worse over time. The floor in the walkway from foyer to the pool area was usually dirty with leaves and trash in all the corners. There was a pool floaty in the tree area the entire time we were there.
AND to top off our trip My son left his Toy car ( however trivial), it was a Model car that was a Christmas gift. After realizing it had been left we called back and they said nothing was found. However we knew it WAS there! As we travel often and have stayed in many hotels We have never had a problem with things not being returned from a hotel but Management refused to even offer an apology saying his staff wouldn't take things.
As Nick the manager pointed out it is only a childs toy however if someone is willing to take a childs inexpensive toy how do you trust that they won't take more valuable things. Out of uncertainty of the Honesty of the house keeping and the lack of concern by the management My family will not be returning to the Boulder Outlook and would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is very unique and very "green" in their approach to operations which is very Boulder. The hotel started life as a Holiday Inn many years ago and is a bit tired. The beds are comforatble and the hotel is very clean. The staff is always cheerful and helpful. I spend nights there after enjoying live blues in their lounge. They are well regarded for the many local and national blues groups that come through. They offer a countinental breakfast with each room. I usully get an executive room as they are a bit more quiet. They have a farily good restaurant in house as well. Reasonably priced and clean.

Room Tip: Choose the executivbe kings as they are on the quiet side of the hotel away from the lobby pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
No where, Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

So all you GREEN people this is it. You wont find anything that doesnt have a second life here. This hotel is doing what all of us should. Recycling, showing us how no matter where you are in the hotel. Guess what...not that hard. All hotel chains should be doing this and hopefully more of us drag our guilt back home and do the same. Ok, back to the hotel. I got no kudo points from my hotel chains for staying here, not affiliated. I got an old Days Inn Sundome that has been updated, was clean, economical, friendly staff, free breakfast w/waffles. As we were there before Christmas it was decorated and music piped in the lobby. For making a small eco donation I got a free beer at the restarant. The indoor pool and hot tub were gated off so I didnt have to panic with little ones running around. The Blues and Greens pub/restarant was there with great live bands almost everynight and top notch food. Oh, did I mention pretty darn close to Eldora ski resort? Green up people, get off the grid and give it a go!

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the inside pool area. I think for winter they are probably warmer and was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a week to attend a conference in Boulder.

At check-in, it was really visually stimulating. Bright colors, paper airplanes hanging from the ceiling, an indoor pool: fantastically fun!

Our first room was on the second floor facing the outside. Room furnishings were fine, clean, but it was impossible to connect to the free hotel wi-fi! I'm still put off that the desk attendant was *so* reluctant to let us switch to another room (one with *any* wi-fi signal strength). I didn't have time to argue because I had a deadline to meet. Luckily, they have a nice business office where I was able to complete most of my work. In the evening, we were finally able to switch to an inside facing room-looking at the pool with excellent internet speed.

FREE BREAKFAST: The free breakfast is nothing super special - cereal, some muffins, a waffle machine, apples&oranges - but hey, I'm not going to complain with free food. The only downside is the breakfast ambiance: it is in the bar area....and they don't really turn on lights for breakfast....I was kinda afraid I'd run into a table a few times - gloomy.

Hotel extra perk: free bike rentals from the hotel (+helmet & lock). Bring your own headlamp and rear reflectors if you want to ride at night. The Boulder creek path is quite close by @ the Millennium Harvest Hotel => a fantastic afternoon activity, even for somewhat out of shape people.

Random thought: I really love that each room had recycle bins in them - yay!

Room Tip: We couldn't get wi-fi in the 2nd floor outside facing room, but we had a strong signal in a pool...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Boulder Outlook Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!