“Helpful staff with pleasant rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Double Point Stay
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Los Angeles, California
“Helpful staff with pleasant rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The desk staff provided good recommendations on food and how to kill an hour (go drive up into the mountains 15 minutes away to get a great view of the city). It was challenging to find the hotel as it is located behind a shopping center and is not visible from the street. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us! We are so glad you were able to drive up and enjoy the mountains briefly while you were here. We are so spoiled here by the beauty and love the chance to share it with guests from out of town. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable and I was able to get a hot shower. For a long term stay I imagine this would be a great property because of the convenience of the in-room kitchenette. The only down side was the very loud heater unit. It ran all night and although the temperature was comfortable, it was disruptively noisy.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenties we offer. We strive to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and get the best night sleep possible. We will look into the heater noise and make sure we get that taken care of. Thank you again for your response. We hope to see you again soon.
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The people that worked there were very friendly and helpful. The downstairs smelt like cigarettes and the room seemed a little run down. Also no indoor pool which was a big disappointment since we had our kids with us and it was winter when we went.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor but walking through the first floor it smelled like cigarettes but I don...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the staff during your stay. We take great pride ensuring our staff is helpful and friendly for all of our guests. Our staff works very hard to make sure each guest is comfortable with their stay. Thank you for informing us about the smoke smell in the hallway. We will address this immediately. We apologize you were unable to enjoy the pool while you were here but do hope you will come back this summer for a swim! Thank you. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Boulder.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband was doing a long term stay at this hotel and I came to visit for the weekend as we are moving to Colorado for his work. He had been staying in the room since 2/11 (and in another room there for about three weeks prior to that), and I had been there since Friday 2/22/13. This afternoon, at approximately 12:30pm, I found a dead bug on the sheet when I moved a pillow. It was orange, had a distinct head and body and legs. I immediately wrapped it in a tissue, Googled images of bed bugs so I could be sure of what the bug was and sure enough the bug I had found matched the pictures of bed bugs. Housekeeping came to our room, examined the bug and then dropped in on the floor before I could bag it in a Ziploc bag. I could not find it on the carpet after he dropped it. Housekeeping proceeded to take apart the bed and search for other bugs or evidence and I went to the front desk to discuss what we should do next, as all of our clothes and luggage would need to be cleaned (and it was a lot of stuff as my husband has been staying there four days every week for a month and a half). The manager denied it was a bed bug and claimed it was a “lady bug” and stated that the hotel would not accept any liability, would not assist us or pay for the cost of cleaning and dry cleaning clothes and luggage. I then told him that if I were guest and this happened to another guest while I was at the hotel I would want to know. I told him that since the hotel was refusing to help or take any responsibility (and of course we never received an apology from him for our trouble), I would be letting the other guests know that we had a found a bed bug and they should take precautions. The manager then proceeded to call the police and while we were packing up our stuff in giant garbage bags (because we didn’t want to take potentially contaminated clothes/bags to another hotel and infect them) the police came and interviewed me and of course left because I had not done anything wrong. We will also be having our home cleaned because my husband has been back and forth with clothes and luggage that has been in the rooom that had the bed bug. Unfortunately it will likely cost us a few thousand dollars when we add up the extra hotel, the new luggage, the cost of washing and dry cleaning all our clothes and his suits, and the cleaning of our home. Not to mention the emotional cost of ruining our vacation, and being threatened with arrest over something that was no fault of my own. Please be aware that although I only found one dead bug, where there’s one there are others and there are eggs so do yourself and favor and DO NOT stay at this hotel. The manager on duty's behavior and lack of respect for us, along with his ridiculous action of calling the police would make me never want to stay in another Hilton again, even if I hadn't found a bed bug there!!

Room Tip: Check your room for bedbugs is you do stay here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HWSBoulderSales, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. I would like to assure you that we had the room professionally inspected by Terminix and they found no evidence of an issue in the room, the statement is no treatment necessary. Our staff is fully trainined on daily inspections of each room. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience.
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The customer service here was super. The rooms are spacious and clean. However, there is absolutely no sound insulation, and I am able to hear the people on either side of my suite, and above me (an ongoing chorus of conversations and loud walking back and forth for 2+ hours each night.) This would deter me from coming back, which I hate as the place is convenient and well run. Bummer.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your response to your recent stay with us. We apologize you were not completely satisfied with your suite due to noise. We do certainly hope you will give another try when business brings you back to Boulder. We are happy to place you in a room on the third floor where you will enjoy a quieter evening. Thank you, again!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My 9 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel for an overnight trip to Boulder. Check-in was great. My daughter was thrilled to receive two packets of Milano cookies. The hotel allows pets and smoking. Due to allergies, I specifically requested online a room that was totally pet-free and smoke free and the front desk man ensured that this request was met. Our room was clean and spacious. It truly was a suite. It was on the 2nd floor which could only be accessed via stairs (this could be problematic for some or if you have lots of luggage). The location was great...easy access to highway and downtown. The morning breakfast was probably one of the best I have had for this type of hotel. The only downside and the reason I am giving it 4 stars is while the location is good it is tricky to find. In order to get to the main entrance you must turn into a strip mall. Fortunately, there are signs that eventually lead you to the hotel. Once we found it it was a great stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests and receiving any feedback you have for us! We do have one building with exterior access that is two floors accessible only by stairs. The other two buildings provide interior elevators. We do always try to accommodate guests that may need that assitance. We are glad you were able to find us once you turned into the shopping center and followed our signs. It is somewhat tricky so we do our best to point everyone in the right direction and are glad they helped you. We are so happy you and your daughter had a great time (and enjoyed the cookies!). We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Boulder.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Earlier this month we had to make an unscheduled trip to Boulder for a family funeral. We managed to book a stay at the Homewood Suites and were more than impressed with their hospitality. Our suite provided a living room and small kitchen, was tastefully decorated, and very cozy. Although the location was near a major freeway, the suite was very quiet. They provided a good full breakfast each morning, and the front desk staff was quite helpful, providing a street map to help us get around - even routed us to a local sports bar to catch a playoff game. All in all, a wonderful place to stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard, which provided a serene view and no street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Homewood Suites. Although not great circumstances that brought you to Boulder, we are pleased to hear we were able to make your trip as enjoyable and convenient as possible. Our breakfast is always a hit with guests and we strive daily to keep it that way. Thank you for your response. We hope to see you in Boulder again in the near future!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder? Share your experiences!