“Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Boulder
fountain co
“Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is out of Boulder and in a residential area which was a surprise .During a football weekend,most places were booked and this was a great find. Not far from stadium, clean room and good breadfast. Right next to park with grill available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Over the past ten years I have visited Boulder at least three times per year, but the weekend of October 11-15 at Boulder Twin Lakes Inn was the first time I have had an unpleasant experience. The young host/owner has an explosive temper & is arrogant, rude, impertinent & threatening.

Soon after I checked in & gave my name, Mrs. Jones, altho young enough to be my grandson, he informed me - speaking in a foreign accent - that "In America we don't use 'Mr. or Mrs..' Here we use first names instead."

From there the situation deteriorated, culminating in a frightening scene in my room, when - after two requests - he finally showed up to open a stuck window & demanded to know to whom I was speaking on the phone (Mr. Jones). When I refused to answer him, he called me "psycho."

Invited to leave the hotel, only a nearby family medical emergency precluded me from departing (Unfortunatley in the area there is no other hotel, which is in the middle of nowhere.) and/or calling the police.

The giant roach that crawled across me and my (dirty?) blankets the last night of my difficult weekend was a fitting finale to a thoroughly dreadful experience.
M. Jones

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BineshPrasad, Owner at Boulder Twin Lakes Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
This guest came in very dissatisfied from her plane trip and immediately started affecting the tranquility of the Inn. She started banging the doors, wanted us to get off our reservation phone to open her room window, there and then, or else she would call the police. She said she has not slept the night before. She only calmed down when advised that she will have to check out if she behaves like this. After a good nights sleep she was a great guest to have at the Inn.
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Outside of the hotel was extremely dirty - bathroom was small with no sink - room was clean, except for bedspread - owner was friendly - Internet worked well - located in residential area with nice walking/jogging trails - far from downtown Boulder (about eight miles) - room needed some repairs (hole in closet door, bathroom around the toilet needed painting)

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
In fall, the leaves keep coming down and are blown in our parking lot from all the open space around us. We do try to keep up in collecting the leaves as much as the weather allows us.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Boulder Twin Lakes Inn is located a short drive out of expensive Boulder. It is in a quiet location. Our keys were waiting for us in an envelope at reception as we arrived late. The room was comfortable with refrigerator and micro wave. Breakfast was included. Prasad, the manager, was welcoming and was helpful in every way. He lent us a car scrapper as it snowed overnight. We will definitely return to Twin Lakes Inn.

Topeka, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the best place in Boulder! I have been all over the states and Europe and can honestly say that I have never stayed in a more peaceful place! The owners are very friendly and helpful. You get the most for your money! I called seven different places that were charging at least double of what Twin Lakes Inn does!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just minutes from Boulder, this hotel is a welcoming and relaxing alternative (aka "respite") to "usual" hotels The setting is serene. The management is exceptionally welcoming and accommodating. Their utmost goal is that guests have a positive experience. While this hotel attracts athletes (the owners are former Olympians),it is equally comfortable the "non athletically inclined" , The rooms have great beds, a couch, microwave and mini frig. Additionally the facility is very clean, If, however,you are into luxury, this might not your place (see website for photos) Overall I think this is a GREAT find. You will be well taken care of during your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I saw several good reviews for this place and took a chance. I arrived late 8:30pm at this apartment/dorm style hotel and as expected there was no staff at front desk. I called contact # on the outside phone to gain access and obtained the "old fashioned key" from an envelope in the basket on the lobby desk. The room ( 201 ) was a mess; dirty carpet, bathtub ring, toenail clippings on the floor next to bed, broken kitchenette cabinets, and worst of all stains and hair on the sheets!
My kids refused to step into the room, my wife cried, and we left after I phoned the desk/contact to inform them I would not be checking in and would not be staying. The hotel person said I would have to contact EXPEDIA for a refund. Which I did. EXPEDIA did refund the full price after I called them (before midnight on the day of check-in )

The hotel person on the phone told me there had been a "cleaning staff problem that day" and to his credit he did offer to come and clean the room, but I refused since it was 9pm.

In general the hotel was old/shoddy looking ( reminded me of my dorm in college 25+ years ago, minus the beer cans! ) The hotel seems to cater to "runners and athletes" since there many pictures of runners on every hallway wall, and I believe the "owners" are themselves former Olympic runners (from NEW Zealand?)

If the price had been closer to $40 instead of the $110 ( and if I was not with my family) I might have been able to overlook the old worn carpet and furniture. But the bed sheet stains (drool?) and uncleaned room bathtub and carpet were a deal breaker.

If you are a runner and want to stay with other like minded runners for a "place to crash" and don't care about cleanliness then this might suit you, but otherwise do as I did and
...RUN RUN RUN AWAY.

I ended up staying at the BOULDER HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS for $120 (only $10 more than this disaster of a hotel )

Room Tip: choose other accommodations