“Pleasant place in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Boulder
Austin, Texas
“Pleasant place in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent 6 days at this hotel in August. I had reserved an upper floor. We were first led to a first floor with a very musty smell. My husband went back to reception and they found an upper floor for us. It was overlooking the highway- noisy- but at night it did not bother us. Breakfast was a challenge. No place to sit and the food was very average- running eggs and stale bread. Location was great; room was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Haddonfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here at the request of the Mother of the Bride. We came from out of town, totally unaware of what to expect. The location is in an industrial park. Not really conducive to walking to downtown. I would not choose this location if you want to be near the Pearl Street area.The staff was OUTSTANDING but could not make it quieter. There is a frequent, noisy train that goes by. When the air conditioner cycles on, at all hours day or night, it sounds like an airplane taking off. The design of the bathroom space is bizarre. There is a lot of space, but the way it is configured is not optimal. There is no door to the sink area. It is open to the sleeping area. So if you are sleeping and someone else is up, you will hear everything ( eg a hair dryer) and be aware of the lights on. The toilet area IS behind a door, but abutted right next to the tub. There is a spring door stop at the bottom of the door which I tripped on every time I had to open the door to exit. There was mold on the caulk around the tub. The hot water handle is not intuitive-the "head" of the handle does not point to hot/cold-the "bottom" of the handle does-which could be a burn issue.The cleaners asked every time I saw them if I needed vacuuming. I guess they don't expect to vacuum daily. The breakfast was very acceptable, and there were delicious cookies at the desk daily. Again, EXCELLENT staff. However, when I needed another wash cloth one night (10pm) I had to go to the lobby to get it myself because the desk person was alone and had no one to send.There is NO restaurant on site, so you have to leave for every meal except breakfast. There were FREE earbuds at the gym area which was nice. There were little receptions Mon-Wed, but nothing Thurs-Sunday.

Room Tip: Try not to be near train side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been staying here on business for over a month now. The Place is really nice and Homely. Home away from home. Staff are extremely friendly and will go out of the way to make your stay as pleasant as possible

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing Rt119
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ft Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn with our friends for 5 nights. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was wonderful. The location is great so that we could bike downtown if we wanted or drive to a hike in 10 minutes. This Residence Inn also has bikes you can "rent" for free. Fun cruisers. We rented a 2 bedroom suite for 2 couples and it had all the amenities we needed. Another nice touch to the location is the free cookies at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
lake oswego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are Marriott Reward Members. The main workers at this hotel are nice. The housekeeping service is beyond horrendous. I have been here 3 days. They didn't leave toilet paper and I had to call on two of the days. Today I was exhausted and laid down for a nap, but first put the Do Not Disturb magnet on the door, and the housekeeper pounded on the door then started coming in despite the sign. The room is not clean. Would absolutely not stay here again. The room itself is also awful, though the kitchen area is nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
My sincere apologies for your bad experience with our housekeeping. Our 91.8% cleanliness of suite score on our Guest Satisfaction Surveys is more typcal of what our guests experience. There is simply no excuse to explain why you did not recieve exceptional service in every aspect of your stay. We did have a misunderstanding with a guest in building 11 this week, stating that he left the no service magnet on his door but told the housekeeper that he really did want service, so the housekeeper entered the suite. I believe that may have been your family and I apologize.
maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We decided to stay at The Residence Inn during our one night in Boulder and were disappointed in this choice. While it garners above average ratings on this site, among others, I would describe the model and the specifics of what is offered as underwhelming and outdated. The rooms lack a freshness and are designed to emphasize the requirements of a long term occupant - the kitchen for example dominates the space while the balance of the quarters feel stingy and plain like a motel room that missed the last renovation cycle.
It's location is off the beaten track if that matters. The staff is pleasant and very helpful despite having little to work with.
All in all, an overvalued evening for what the Marriott is offering.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry that your one night in Boulder was disappointing. You are correct in that the suite is designed to meet the unique needs of longer term stays who require a kitchen and more living space. I appreciate your comments on our pleasant staff and apologize that we were not able to provide you with a more memorable experience.
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I are Gold Marriott Rewards members, so we have stayed in quite a variety of Marriott owned hotels. I want to begin by saying the people working here were very friendly and tried to help us as much as possible. Everything else was bad. The first room we were offered was a wooden fence away from a highway. As we went up the stairs (there are all individual buildings with approx. 8 rooms per building, all with outside entrances) we were met by cigarette butts and a cigar butt on the steps. We went in the room, closed the door, and could still hear the traffic, plus the room was a little musty. We went back to the office asking if there were any other rooms available, they informed us they were quite full because of an event at the local college. They offered us another room that was across from the pool and away from the highway, but this room had such a strong odor that my eyes were watering as soon as we opened the door. The front office people attributed the smell to the carpets just being deep cleaned; it smelled like they did a deep cleaning then sprayed the room with a strong floral air freshener. They offered us either of these 2 rooms and then said they could move us to another room the next day. We were staying in Boulder for 5 nights (planning to stay all 5 nights here) and we really did not want to stay here, in any room, after seeing the first 2 they offered. We made the reservations quite a few months in advance and we were using rewards points. I'm not sure if either of these things made a difference in our situation, I just thought it was a shame that there was not a nicer room for us. I was looking forward to the outdoor pool, on-site laundry, and free bike rentals. Instead we stayed at the Boulder Marriott which was quite convenient, very nice, very clean, awesome staff.
Be careful when selecting this Motel. Does not live up to the Marriott standards. Not sure how it got such a good rating; maybe I'm just a hotel snob, but this place just felt trashy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
My sincere apologies that we were not able to provide you with a suitable suite for your stay. Your experience is not at all representative of what our guests typically experience. I was shocked and embarrased by your photos and have used your feedback to improve our processes of room inspections. I can understand why you were disappointed with our hotel and am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I would value the opportuntiy to regain your confidance in our hotel and invite you to call me personally to discuss how we can make that happen. Thank you!
Cathy Rothweiler

Been to Residence Inn Boulder? Share your experiences!