“Home Sweet Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas
“Home Sweet Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is a great place to stay if you want to be near the action of Boulder without being in the middle of it. We especially enjoyed the grill areas. We used the grills several times.

If there was one thing I would improve upon it is the housekeeping. Several days our room was not touched until late afternoon. It made it difficult for us to get ready to go out if we had a dinner/reception to attend.

If we travel back to Boulder, we will stay here...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
West Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here recently for business. This will definitely be my go to place in Boulder from now on. Usually I stayed in the Marriott on Canyon, but that is getting dated and not as thrilled with the location anymore. I decided to try the Residence Inn again (stayed here years ago) and glad I did. I stayed in a studio type room. The rooms were clean and bright. Kitchen was newer. I didn't use the pool or the fitness center, but they both looked inviting. Bed was the typical comfortable Marriott bed.

Only con was the breakfast. Not as robust as other Residence Inn's I have stayed in before.

Not much within walking distance, but great location right near Foothills Parkway.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The kitchen is excellent and well stocked with dishes. The pool is nice, and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast is mediocre, but, hey, it's free. We would definitely stay here again.

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a very nice property with a friendly staff and a lot of personal touches. From the moment you arrive, you are offered cookies and a cold glass of lemon water. On M,T, W, there is a complimenary manager's reception - on the night we arrived it was a full blown bbq with beer and wine so we didn't have to go out and pay for dinner. The breakfast is robust and unlike many other hotels who start winding down breakfast service 20 minutes before it is to end, the staff here continues to bring out fresh items even after 9:00 if there are still guests arriving.

When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to the two-story suite. I soon figured out why - the traffic noise. The hotel is laid out like a condo complex and many of the rear units back up to a very busy highway. We were in one of those units and you hear constant traffic noise. If you close the door to the king bedroom, you don't hear it, but it is quite loud in the loft. My daughter was very happy with her own floor and bathroom so we kept silent and enjoyed the spaciousness. If you are a light sleeper, make sure to ask at the desk about the location of your unit.

With taxes it was close to $500 for the two nights, which I feel is on the high side, but then again, Boulder is expensive.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Huge Apt on two levels with two bedrooms, kitchen, two bathrooms - clean 3 star + great value and good facilities - BBQ and pool. The breakfast was average but the staff were very nice and it was a great base for exploring boulder. You would need a car for the location but everything is within driving distance. Great bathroom, lovely shower and serviced daily and was really impressed for the price !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your gem of a review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ facilities and your spacious suite. Our friendly staff will be here to greet you when your travels bring you back to Boulder!
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The level of service and hospitality I received at this hotel is the very reason I am proud to be a Platinum Marriott member!

Even before arriving Jennifer helped me to make a reservation for my co-worker and myself. She was very helpful and worked with me to ensure everything was correct and ready to go for our almost 3 week stay.

Staying at this property is what I wish every hotel stay would be. I felt right at home. The front desk staff knew us by name and was always friendly and on top of things. Thank you to Nancy, Jackie, Nikki and the entire staff for always being smiling faces to talk to!

The property itself is clean and spacious. It is set up apartment style with multiple two-story buildings. While we were there they put out brand new pool furniture and it seems they are constantly doing things to improve the property. Each time I entered the gatehouse I had to stop to smell the flowers (literally). There are gorgeous hanging baskets of flowers that smell amazing, along with other flowers around the property.

There is ample parking in the parking lot and on the street. We had two 26 foot box trucks and there was plenty of space on the street by the hotel for us the entire time. The hotel is located in an office park type area with businesses around, which offers a wide street area for larger vehicles. If you come into town on Foothills Pwky make sure you turn on Valmont to get to Center Green Drive, as there is no entrance from Foothills.

There are also FREE bikes and helmets that you can borrow at any time! You can easily get to many restaurants and shopping within less than 2 miles! I definitely used this multiple times throughout my stay. The 29th Street mall is very close with food and shopping galore!

Of course they have the evening reception a few nights of the week with beer, wine and a variety of food choices. The breakfast is also standard Res Inn food, which includes a large spread every morning.

My room was a studio Residence Inn room with living room and full kitchen. There is also a fire place and spacious bathroom! One feature that I always look forward to is an oven! All Res Inns have a stovetop but only some have the ever coveted oven! This is helpful if you are staying for a long period of time! The room is clean, newly renovated and has everything you would need!

Overall I had an exceptional time at this property and I look forward to returning to Boulder! There isn't another hotel in Boulder that I would even consider staying at after my wonderful stay here!

Room Tip: The property is set up apartment style. All of the buildings are two stories. There aren't any e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WOW! How do I begin to respond to such a glowing review? First, THANK YOU for being such a loyal Marriott customer! You have to stay in a lot of hotels over the course of the year to earn Platinum Status, so we thank you! As for your comments on our amazing team and how you wish that every hotel stay could be like your recent experience, I could not be more delighted and proud to hear of your experience. There are few comments more rewarding to hear than yours, stating that there isn't another hotel in Boulder that you would even consider staying at. On behalf of my entire team that love serving our guests, we thank you for your comments and sincerely look forward to your return visit. Safe travels!
Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, at least 8. The hotel is laid out on two floors, and in a way where every room opens from the outside; it's not in a building. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and the bed is comfortable. They have fireplaces in the rooms as well, a nice touch, but I've never used. But this is not a luxury hotel. It's not fancy by far, but very comfortable. The staff is extra friendly and accommodating, and they make fresh cookies for the guests every day. They have a decent continental breakfast, but you'll only catch it if you're a morning person, because it ends at 9am (I guess they're used to accommodating business guests). If you have an entire family, you could surely make do in the one room if you're a couple and with two small kids. If you're coming to see the sites, there on business or to visit family, and are not planning to stay on the hotel grounds for entertainment, then this hotel is for you. If you're looking for more out of the actual hotel, then you need to look elsewhere. But for what I need, this hotel is the one I'll choose over and over again. My only peev is there is no restaurant on the grounds or nearby, within walking distance. You have to order takeout (expensive no matter what you get) or get in your car and drive to the Pearl Street shopping area, which although is not far (10 minutes), is also not obvious from the hotel; you'd have to know where you're going to get to all the shops and restaurants. Then you'd have an array of food options to choose from. So make that one of the first things to learn when you get there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your feedback on our all-suite hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you have become a regular customer and have returned to our hotel on many occassions. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so accommodating. The next time you are here, you will have to check out one of our great local brewery's, Boulder Beer, that is located within walking distance to the hotel and has great food options! Thanks for your great comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Residence Inn Boulder? Share your experiences!