“Nice hotel, very clean a bit pricey but worth staying” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Nice hotel, very clean a bit pricey but worth staying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this property, it was very clean and location was ok, not walking distance to anything, must have a car. A bit pricy for the property but nice. The hotel offered a buy only breakfast nothing was included with the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boulder, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder. I was a happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
mesa az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a surprising nice place to stay in Boulder. There were four of us who went to a football game at CU and instead of staying near the University we chose this hotel because of the one-room suite. The suite was very comfortable and they brought in a roll-a-way too. The lobby was exceptional with a big screen tvs, a breakfast and afternoon food/bar. The small tvs at each booth with their own remote was a nice touch. My breakfast was great and it was fast. Very reasonable also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boulder, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel room, lobby and Bistro areas. I am glad the suite met your needs.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your friends on your next visit to Boulder.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is worth reading!!
The definition for Accommodating: Fitting in with someones wishes or demands in a helpful way...
When you look up Accommodating in the Dictionary, there should be a pic of Gustav, the Concierge at The Hotel Marriott in Boulder Colorado!! My family and I traveled from Philadelphia to Boulder this past weekend to spend Family weekend with our son whom attends University of Colorado at Boulder. Let me tell you what a genuinely compassionate person Gustav is..Upon our arrival, Gustav greeted us, we were exhausted, 8yr old boy & twin 16 yr old girls..my husband was out parking the car..Remember we traveled from Phila to Denver..It was now Midnight for us on Phila time & 10pm Boulder time..Gustav took one look at us, Handed me the room key cards and said, "I can see how tired you all are, go straight to your room, and we can deal with the paper work later"!!
Now, I have stayed at the finest 5 Star , 5 Diamond etc,etc..Hotels all over the World..and I can honestly say, I have NEVER been treated this well in all my travels..this is what 5 Diamond/5 Star Hotels wish to be when they grow up..and they should only be lucky enough to have the extreme priveledge of having a Concierge like Gustav to represent their guests upon their arrivals!! He treats people exactly the way one is supposed to treat others..with dignity, respect & most importantly compassion!! The other front desk staff gives the Exact same treatment..I sadly did Not get their names..but I must mention..The Consistancy in Royal treatment does not stop with Gustav..It only started there...
I reciently wrote a review about The St Julien Hotel in Boulder..while I am Not putting that hotel down..Although the Hotel is Elegant etc,etc..It is also Very Very Snooty!! I had to say it..
They treated us like complete strangers..Never one hello to my husband nor I any time we walked in or out..and we were in & out a dozen times..I actually felt Very uncomfortable there & just accepted this treatment because the hotel is upscale so Beautiful, etc..However, I will Not go back there after staying at The Hotel Marriott Boulder.
The Marriotts Entire staff treats Everyone like Royalty..Not fake, kiss up Royalty..I am talking the real stuff!! Genuine !!!
The Hotel is immaculant, The beds are like sleeping on a cloud..your rooms are cleaned before you are finished breakfast..But more importantly, they remember your name, they remember why you are their..they ask how your son is & if we are going to be attending his college Football game.etc...they walked us outside when we were leaving as if leaving as if we were old friends...This is the place where I want to stay when I go back to visit my son for the next 3 years while he attends college..Money can't buy a Comfortable Feeling..and this is Exactly how I want to feel while I am away from home.. :) Thank You Marriott Boulder...Can't wait to come back!!
One more thing...only a 5 minute drive to University of Colorado, Boulder..

Columbus Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at this Marriott property September 27-28. We were there for a weekend getaway, which happened to coincide with the University of Colorado (Boulder) University parents weekend, as well as a home football game against UCLA. Yet, even with this crowd, the hotel staff handled this influx very well and we, being involved in neither group, were still able to easily enjoy our stay. Indeed, the manager actually got involved to make sure that even with our very early arrival, we got the courtyard room we wanted. The Bistro and lounge areas were very well laid out, with several well-designed seating areas, including a fireplace. The bagel breakfast was just what we wanted, although many other guests choose one of the more hearty breakfasts. Marriott does an excellent job of having high quality (and free) coffee available in the lounge. We appreciated the comfortable and convenient computer area, something that, even as gold card members, is not always so accessible in other Marriotts. While not located downtown, being on Pearl street was just the right location. After breakfast we drove a mile and visited the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are nice, but you need to decide about the tradeoff between having a quiet court...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boulder, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder. I was excited to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff service. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Boulder.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First of all, the warnings about the noise in the rooms are no joke. Between being able to hear everything from either side of our room was annoying. And then there is the passing freight train every morning around 0400. That's super fun, because after a night of fun there's nothing I enjoy more in this world than getting blasted out of bed by a 100,000 ton alarm clock.

Then there was the issue of the room it's self. When we checked in, the first thing that hits you immediately is the smell. Some sort of "beer brewed through sweat socks in a filthy laundry room" coupled with a strange chemical odor that we still can't figure out. The first night, we were freezing, so I turned on the heat. Out comes what can be best described as "kitten BBQ" smell from the vents. Had to shut that down right away. Next night, the room is hotter than hell on an August afternoon in Phoenix. Turn on the system again, low and behold out comes some sort of a stench like frozen Eskimo farts.

The bed was uncomfortable. The pillows caused me to pinch a nerve in my neck.

The shower was another in a long line of hot messes. Is it that hard for room service to put shampoo in the room in these days where the TSA has me having to nibble my old spice down to 1oz before I get in the plane? Evidently here at Courtyard Boulder its far too much to ask.

As for the layout of the room, its a shoebox and it is laid out in the worst possible way I have ever seen.

Best of all, the bill. I wasn't paying for this room, my family was as I was there for a wedding. At $230 a night, plus fees and taxes, all I can come to as a conclusion is "you've gotta be kidding me!" They were gouging everyone as it was Parents Weekend and the Boulder/UCLA game at UC Boulder this weekend.

I also thought the bloodstain on my sheets was a nice touch! Check out the photo!

And as a final insult, the Starbucks downstairs closes at 10:00am. This doesn't work if you've had a fun night out as this hotel is in the ABSOLUTE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE in Boulder. You can't just stroll out to find coffee or carbs, so keep that in mind if you need to mainline coffee in the morning to get the props spinning.

Needless to say, this was a first stay/last stay moment for me in the Courtyard Boulder.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder. I am sorry you did not enjoy the accommodations and the location of the hotel. Your comments will be shared with the hotel staff so that we can improve our service. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travel plans bring you back to Boulder.

Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting family in Boulder. The hotel is in a business park.
Check in was efficient. The lobby area is nice. The bistro has starbucks, drinks and some food. Some guests had breakfast included (we did not). Complimentary coffee is available in the morning. There is a nice outdoor area. There are computers available in the lobby and free wifi in the rooms.

The room was basic, clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boulder, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again if your travel plans bring you back to Boulder.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for three nights while attending a family wedding in Boulder. The hotel is what you would expect from Courtyard. Rooms are clean and basically appointed.
Staff was friendly and accommodating. Positives include an outdoor seating area which was perfect for gathering after the wedding. Indoor lobby seating was also a plus. Close proximity to highway and a short drive to Pearl Street.
Minuses: "free" coffee was rarely available. It was often empty. The fitness center while well appointed, was very small and claustrophobic.
I would probably look for a more centrally located motel on future visits unless I was traveling for business.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder. I am happy to here that you were able to enjoy the outdoor patio area and the lobby seating during your visit. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder.

Courtyard by Marriott Boulder

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boulder? Share your experiences!