“Nice and comfortable but a little dated” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Los Alamos, NM
“Nice and comfortable but a little dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times but it is not my favorite location for Boulder. The main reason for me to choose this hotel was because it is the location a conference that I am attending and I didn't want to drive or other hotels are booked out. In summary, I would describe the staff as nice and helpful, the location as comfortable but the hotel itself as dated. You can see the age of this hotel everywhere: from cracked floors, old windows, and old-fashioned tube TV's. I think this must be one of the few hotels that still have not upgraded to LCD or plasma TV's.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all pretty much the same. One side of the building faces the river and is more...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest

We appreciate your feedback during your stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder. Your comments both positive and negative, is a constructive gauging tool to see how we are doing.

The fact that our hotel sits on fifteen acres of beautiful landscape with the boulder creek running through is definitely a plus. Our intent is to make upgrades to our property as we go along. We have made improvements in our lobby and sports bar and looking to continue our upgrades throughout the hotel as mentioned in your feedback.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled to Boulder Dec 19-24 2012 and absolutely loved the place. We got a free upgrade to a superior room with a balcony and the staff was always very friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend staying there. They were in the middle of renovating when I was there. I will definitely be staying there again as it will be quite pristine when they're done. Location is nice being close to CU and within walking distance to most bars and the pedestrian mall.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, great mountain view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us during your stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

Our team works diligently to create a memorable experience for all our guests and it is
both delightful and encouraging to get positive feedback such as yours. I will be sure to
pass along your acknowledgement to our team you’ve so graciously mentioned in your correspondence.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Sincerely
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Millenium Harvest House accommodated my very large group with very little hassle, and many of the staff were extraordinarily helpful. The walls between our rooms were thin; there was a little more noise from next door than we should have had for the price. Breakfast was fine, and the meeting rooms were fine if somewhat threadbare. The least appealing aspect of the hotel was the sports bar; frankly, it smells. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants in walking distance. The best thing about the hotel is the staff. And also, how the design maximizes views of the mountains, and a nice internal park that connects to the Boulder Creek trail system.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience you received from our staff, mentioned in your correspondence. We at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder strive daily to meet and exceed guest expectations.

The value of each guest is more important today than it has ever been and your feedback means a great deal to our employee well being! Thank you for that. Please know that we have renovated our sports bar recently and looking to to do additional upgrades shortly.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to having you with us on your next visit to the Boulder area again.

sincerely
Bern, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two children to attend the admitted freshman day at CU. The staff was nice , but this property is worn out and is in desperate need of updating. The door from our room to the garden did not have a lock , only a safety bar that was bent. The metal around the window was broken. The fitness center and pool were very outdated. The breakfast was good except for the morning we had to be at CU by 7.30. The buffet was not out and there was only one waitress. The shower did not drain. We had a problem with electrical outlet but that was resolved. Great location and property could be really great with some updating.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a locking door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Old and worn out is the only way to describe this hotel. More like an old Holiday Inn than a Millennium Hotel. BUT it is very close to the University of Colorado. About 5-10 minutes to campus. Nice setting near the park along Boulder Creek. It was clean and the beds are excellent. Most of the outlets did not work or were inaccessible. Extra charge for wi-fi without upgraded room. Needs a new owner or Millennium should step in and force renovations. Nice view from south and west facing rooms toward creek and campus. Marriott about 2 long blocks further north from campus was about $100-$125 more per night and the two Pearl Street hotels, Boulderado and the St. Julian are beautiful but very expensive and quite a walk to campus. Add $250 to $400 per night to the Millennium. If this hotel were anywhere else I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Easter Sunday. The people at the front desk were very kind and helpful. I was with my mother who is 94 and they were so nice to get us a room where she didn't have to walk very far and it had a great view of the mountains. The room was clean and the beds were nice. I have to agree with others about the internet, I didn't use it because of the charge but I was with some people (who had a different room not nearly as nice) and they purchased the internet access and it was slow at best.

The hotel is in a great location. It has great potential and beautiful grounds. If someone were to buy this property and really care about it would be a gold mine.

The most interesting thing to me was both the bar and the coffee shop were unable to give me change for my cash payment. They siad they didn't have any cash yet. This happened at about 5:00 p.m in the bar and 7:30 am in the restaurant. I ended up using a credit card for a cup of coffee.

I would stay here again because of the friendly service and mostly the location but I wish this hotel would live up to its potential.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the mountains is great. Don't stay in the West wing it's not as nice an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to skiing over the New Year's holidays and stayed in this property. I was a nice place. clean room and helpful staff, the only thing missing was the continental breakfast, but it is close to a shopping center with a grocery store and lots of shops around the area. One nice thing to mention was we got discounted lift tickets to the Eldora ski resort. One thing we missed was they have a heated pool and i didn't know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Harvest House? Share your experiences!