“Fantastic Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
New York
“Fantastic Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

This hotel was fantastic! We had not seen some of these comments before we booked - if we had we might have made another choice. I'm so glad that we picked this place. It's sort of hidden off of the highway but backs up to a creek with a path that runs straight through town. The rooms do need a make-over but everything was in working order and clean which is really all I care about. The front desk staff put us in a creekside room when we checked in and even though we couldn't see the mountains from the lower level, we were able to walk right out into the backyard area. It was beautiful. The staff was really helpful with pointing us in the right direction of great restaurants and there is a shuttle to get you downtown so we didn't even need the car we rented. We would absolutely stay here again and can't wait to come back to Boulder. What a great city!

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — wasn't really anything I didn't like
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

I stayed at the Millennium for three nights during the beginning of February. Check in was smooth and my reservation was located quickly and accurately. I had booked a superior room which had a wonderful view of the mountains. I do reccomend asking for the main tower as this appears to be the most convienant. I dined in the hotel's restaraunt the first night and enjoyed the food. I wanted to get out the next two nights and the guest services staff made some great reccomendations and set up reservations for me. All around the staff was very accomodating with all of my requests. The rooms are a bit dated, but kept clean and tidy. Boulder is a funky little city and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip!

• Liked — The view!
  • Disliked — Age of the property
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I just returned from a weekend at Millenium in Boulder. After reading a few unfavorable reviews online I was a bit apprehensive. My expereience showed me that you can not believe everything you read. While the room would not win any design awards it was quite spacious, very clean and well appointed. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The grounds were beautiful and the hotel is convenient to the University and the shopping and dining in Boulder. The creek just behind the hotel was lovely. There is a nice little coffee and tea bar in the lobby that's open late as well as a full service restaurant, a cigar bar and room service. The hotel even has indoor and outdoor pools and tennis courts.
I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Boulder.

Stayed February 2008
Lubbock, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

Had I only paid $80/night, I would have had few complaints... but I paid $160/night, and the mistake was theirs! They overbooked blocked rooms for a conference, so they tried to tell me I was being upgraded to a "deluxe" room which featured a mountain view and free internet. First, the mountain is really a small foothill behind several trees and the roof of the hotel's dining area, and isn't internet free in most conference hotels these days??

Ignoring the terrible service, the hotel itself is not up to date for events. Our room was unimpressive given the price, with a broken TV and the hot water seemed to come and go as it pleased (usually several times during one shower). The meeting rooms were frequently over-crowded, with people sitting on the the floor, and one room was so difficult to find that our small group was over ten minutes late to a session, after wandering up and down four flights of stairs and through guest room areas. On the positive side, the food was pretty good and the patio with access to the creek path is really convenient and scenic.
Save yourself some cash though, stay at the Super 8 across the street for half the price and equal quality!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver, co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

This hotel just lied to us about everything possible and the facilities there are old, run-down, and worthless. We booked the rooms for a group of 20 and a gathering was organized there for a group of 50+. The hotel assured us of a number of matters and when our meetings began, the hotel did not follow through with any of their assurances. DO NOT STAY HERE OR ORGANIZE ANY EVENTS HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!

• Liked — that it was over
  • Disliked — Everything about the experience was worthless.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

This hotel needs a makeover. It is straight out of 1980. With such a lovely location on Boulder Creek (instant access to the Creek Trail), it's a shame they haven't redone the outdoor patio and pool area. Our room smelled stale, the bathroom was cramped and musty, the sliding door to the balcony was broken, and the huge cooling unit outside made it too loud to open anyway. The bed and linens were the only decent things in the room. Front desk service was helpful and fast; they did let us check in early. However, feel that we grossly overpaid for such a dated room.

• Liked — Close to Boulder Creek
  • Disliked — Needs updating/overhaul
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Little Rock, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is a somewhat belated review from a stay in late April at the Millenium in Boulder. I stayed there with a group of girlfriends.

The hotel is relatively nice -- it's in a good location, the rooms have amazing balconies and amazing views and the rooms are big. However, the rooms are a little dated and I don't think the hotel itself warrants the price.

But sitting on a third-floor balcony in patio furniture and staring at the mountains pretty much makes up for this.

The only huge complaint that I have is the service at the Millenium's restaurant. My friends and I ate brunch there on a Sunday morning, and our server was terrible. From start to finish, brunch took two hours -- not because we were loitering, but because our server was so incredibly slow. This is not an exaggeration -- it took 30 minutes for the server to run our credit cards after we gave them to her for our check.
In fact, we had to come inside and track her down so we could leave.

Overall, I think the hotel is a little pricey but the view is phenomenal. Just stay away from the restaurant.

• Liked — the view and the balconies.
  • Disliked — older rooms, bad restaurant.
Stayed April 2007

Been to Millennium Harvest House? Share your experiences!